Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

150 + 150% ≠ 300... C'mon De...

Alure

So I just finished maxxing out Flow to give +150% energy. Rhino, without Flow, has 150 base energy. How did I end up with only 300 energy in the end? I should have another 75 energy at my disposal. Is the mod broken?

So I just finished maxxing out Flow to give +150% energy. Rhino, without Flow, has 150 base energy. How did I end up with only 300 energy in the end? I should have another 75 energy at my disposal. Is the mod broken?

it takes the base of the base :3

so 100 + 50 extra through lvls + 150 from flow = 300

Calculate stat mod additions from base stats.

EDIT: Please consult the wiki and search the forums before reacting to these things like this. Every poorly researched "C'mon DE" thread kills one Shield Osprey somewhere. Think of the innocent Ospreys.

Only -you- can prevent forest fires.

Edited by Shion963

But on the mod, it specifically says "Power MAX"

Should it not say "+150% Base Energy"?

max here just means current energy vs max possible energy.

there is a misinterpretation of terms here.

funny, cos until you mention it, I didn't really think of interpreting it as you did.

Also, does this mean that I get nothing at all from leveling? Rhino gets 50 energy from levels. Would I not at least have 350?

NVM I did my math wrong. A bit disappointed.

Edited by Alure

Bonuses are calculated from base, unbuffed, rank 0 stats.

Penalties are calculated from total, maxed, buffed stats.

There's something wrong with the way that works in the game though :/ Why does that feel like everything is stacked against players?

It's almost as if they want to handicap us enough to make us buy potatoes to make up for it.

Why not have a standard of either calculating everything from base, or everything from max stat?

There's something wrong with the way that works in the game though :/ Why does that feel like everything is stacked against players?

It's almost as if they want to handicap us enough to make us buy potatoes to make up for it.

Why not have a standard of either calculating everything from base, or everything from max stat?

When Update 7 got introduced along with the new mod system, the warframes didn't get any extra stats as they leveled up.

So if you wanted more shield/hp,... you had to find a mod.

All the mods were designed with that system in mind. All the mods calculated the stats based on your current stats. It's only after a while that the DE decided to give warframes "raw" bonus stats when ranking up. So it would be kind of rediculous to have the mods calculate based on the rank 30 stats.

After they went through all the balancing, doing so would once again require additional rework of the mods.

I'm not saying they shouldn't change it and have all the mods calculate based on the total stats. I'm just explaining how the current mod system came about.

When Update 7 got introduced along with the new mod system, the warframes didn't get any extra stats as they leveled up.

So if you wanted more shield/hp,... you had to find a mod.

All the mods were designed with that system in mind. All the mods calculated the stats based on your current stats. It's only after a while that the DE decided to give warframes "raw" bonus stats when ranking up. So it would be kind of rediculous to have the mods calculate based on the rank 30 stats.

After they went through all the balancing, doing so would once again require additional rework of the mods.

I'm not saying they shouldn't change it and have all the mods calculate based on the total stats. I'm just explaining how the current mod system came about.

I know, I was there, but appreciate the explanation all the same.

The thing is, if we get scaled that rediculously, then what do we call the level 20+ T3 Defense mobs? Level 100+ having insane armour which leads to high damage reduction.

Also the case of Iron Skin being a static 1200 point cap, getting reduced to nothing in a few seconds at higher levels either through raw damage of each mob or toxic ancients doing several hundred health damage per second. Same with Raptor having one shot kill missles, or at least decently high damage meaning a fully kitted out frame wouldn't get a second chance if hit by a missle or two, not to mention the 300-400 damage laser shots.

Wouldn't now be appropriate to bring back that scaling based on max stats instead of increasing the level cap?