The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Vazarin Fishing Bug [FIXED]

41Numbers

When trying to fish on the plains, if you go into operator mode with vazarin focus, any attempts at hitting a fish will result in 0 damage and cause the fish to swim away. So the only way to fish is to not use your operator at all before fishing if you have vazarin like myself until the bug gets fixed.

entering tenno mode then back into warframe atleast once per life (i have to die to temporarily fix it untill i enter tenno again) nullifies any chance i have of fishing. if i manage to hit a fish, 0 damage is dealt and no fish is received, the fish acts like i missed and swims away. anyone else know a way to fix this? or atleast is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Edited by Riptide222

15 hours ago, MurKurySnake said:

Hello, 

So i have been having this issue for the past day or so, after about an hour of testing i found out that it has to do something with the new operator mode. Whether this is specifically about my focus tree (Vazarin) or just a major bug, i have found out that it has to do something with the new operator form. I was fishing with my friends and after going into operator mode, then going back out into warframe, all of the fish are now taking zero damage. Before i go into operator mode i can fish, but after I cannot. Whether my focus tree, Vazarin, or just a major bug, please fix this.

Thanks

ty so much i have not tried it ye t with not using my operator but i hope it works and it's a stupid bug

I was fishing just fine yesterday and today in morning while having the 1st spear only and Vazarin focus (as primary) at this stage:

VCzrVfn.jpg

Q1INpyA.jpg

After buying the 2nd spear, activating protective dash and void aegis in my Vazarin focus (this might not be related, but could be) and using operator mode active in mission before fishing I couldn't catch any fish anymore. Getting those 0's... :'(
Tried using both 1st and 2nd spear with and without blue dye in water, no success.

nOFmnTU.jpg

ru0jjMm.jpg

Hope this can help in solving the issue.

----------------------------------

Duplicate topic in Questions section: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/855619-fishing-0s-on-all-fish/

Edited by Soulentra
additional info

So when fishing in the plains, for no adequate reason when my spear makes contact with a fish: the boss damage immunity Zero pops up, my spear follows the fish for a few seconds, then the spear is pulled back to me as though I had missed. DE please fix this bug, I enjoy the fishing and would like to keep doing it.

This is a common bug if you're using the Vazarin focus system. You can fish perfectly fine up until you go into and out of operator mode, thus having the Vazarin buffs. Afterwards you're unable to fish for the remainder of the mission duration. I, as well as many other Vazarin users on the forums, have experienced this bug too often for comfort.

Just now, GhostHelper said:

Same thing happened to me when i first start fishing. All my friends laughed at me. Just quit and rejoin. Also possibly some fish is too high for your spear level. No official guide or anything to explain it. So idk.

I found a thread linking it to the Vazarin focus tree. This appears to only be a problem for those with that tree.

Just now, GhostHelper said:

Oh wow. I am that tree, too.

3 minutes ago, Thylacin said:

This is a common bug if you're using the Vazarin focus system. You can fish perfectly fine up until you go into and out of operator mode, thus having the Vazarin buffs. Afterwards you're unable to fish for the remainder of the mission duration. I, as well as many other Vazarin users on the forums, have experienced this bug too often for comfort.

It appears to be linked to the tree skill "Guardian Shell", have either of you invested in that skill?

9 minutes ago, Thylacin said:

I have, yes.

I'll try and fiddle more in depth with stuff when I get home from work to try and see what the root of the problem is. Until then just try turning off that skill and see if that fixes anything.

(Hopefully) Happy Fishing Tenno

Edit: Just tested quicky, I have no idea what skill it is linked to.

Edited by Lazarus_Paradox

4 minutes ago, Lazarus_Paradox said:

I'll try and fiddle more in depth with stuff when I get home from work to try and see what the root of the problem is. Until then just try turning off that skill and see if that fixes anything.

(Hopefully) Happy Fishing Tenno

I actually just did that to see if it would work. No effect. With or without the Guardian Shell equipped, the Zero damage bug still persists once you've entered operator mode during the mission.