The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara is impossible to obtain

Domaik

On 10/15/2017 at 9:45 AM, Domaik said:

You can redo bounties but you do not get standing OR any reward from the reward table. At least I do not and neither does anyone from my clan. When you repeat a bounty that has been completed the reward box shown is empty and you do not get any reward.

DE should signal this properly

Concur. No more rewards until cool down.

It's ridiculous. A large open map, with all rewards locked behind missions in tiny little areas.

And not even fun, stable Missions either...but terrible, shallow, bug ridden repetitiveness to boot...

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Concur. No more rewards until cool down.

It's ridiculous. A large open map, with all rewards locked behind missions in tiny little areas.

And not even fun, stable Missions either...but terrible, shallow, bug ridden repetitiveness to boot...

That is not how they should be working, you should be getting rewards every time you do them. If you do not you should contact Warframe support and supply the ee.log from the mission so it can be fixed. Type no reward or something in chat when it happens so support can quickly search for the problem section in case your log is dirty. 

The more problem for making Gara is ridiculous amount of resources only available for fishing and mining. Actually, fishing part is somewhat fine for what you need is gather 35 zap fish. But mining.... well, that is just nonsense. More than 100+ stones, fully randomly generated, and need to be upgraded... is it really intended to make? I don't think so.

Gather the blueprints by Bounty is annoying as hell, and is boring, but that's just the tip of an iceburg.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought some folks might appreciate some calculations. This is *just* about the Gara *Chassis* blueprint. (I've been farming it for what has seemed like ages now, and wondered what the probabilities really amounted to.) Probability is weird (a lot weirder than most people think!) so I'm going to spell things out in excruciating detail. 

Ok, the chance that the chassis blueprint will drop in stage 2 (of a level 5-15 bounty (according to the wiki)) ...

... is 7.53% ... or a probability of 0.0753

That means that the probability that the chassis blueprint will NOT drop in stage 2 is 0.9247 ( = 1 - 0.0753).

The chance that the chassis blueprint will drop in stage 3 (of a level 5-15 bounty (according to the wiki)) ...

... is 7.37% ... or a probability of 0.0737

That means that the probability that the chassis blueprint will NOT drop in stage 3 is 0.9263 ( = 1 - 0.0737).

So, the probability that a single completed run of the bounty does NOT get you the chassis blueprint is 0.85654961 ( = 0.9247 * 0.9263). ... or roughly an 86% chance of "no joy," which amounts to roughly a 14% chance that you'll get at least one chassis blueprint.

Now ... to get an idea of how many runs it might take you to get the chassis blueprint ...

If you complete two runs, the probability that you'll wind up WITHOUT the chassis blueprint ...

... is about 0.7336 ( = 0.85654961 ^ 2 ... which just means 0.85654961 * 0.85654961) ... or roughly a 73% chance of "no joy."

If you complete ten runs, the probability that you'll wind up WITHOUT the chassis blueprint ...

... is about 0.2126 ( = 0.85654961 ^ 10) ... or roughly a 21% chance of "no joy."

But that's the same as saying there's roughly a 79% chance that you'll have at least one chassis blueprint after ten completed runs. In other words, if you're planning a 10-run farming session, there's a *pretty good* chance that it'll yield the chassis blueprint. (... assuming the wiki's numbers are correct!) 

Similarly, if you complete twenty runs, the probability that you'll wind up WITHOUT the chassis blueprint ...

... is about 0.0452 ( = 0.85654961 ^ 20) ... or roughly a 5% chance of "no joy."

That's the same as saying there's roughly a 95% chance that you'll have at least one chassis blueprint after twenty completed runs.

Still, as many of you know from first-hand experience, even twenty runs cannot guarantee the drop you desire!!!!!

One last thing: Sometimes it's tempting to think that after dozens and dozens of runs with "no joy," your chances magically go up ... maybe because the universe is ultimately fair ... or because RN Jesus is surely merciful. Sorry. No. 

Edited by Meta999
typos :(

1 minute ago, Meta999 said:

Thought some folks might appreciate some calculations.

What, after basically a month of no one posting in the thread you thought some people might still be interested? :P

If the conversation was still active and ongoing, sure. But dead thread has been dead for a month because no one is interested enough to post anything.

Image result for rip thread 

56 minutes ago, Meta999 said:

Thought some folks might appreciate some calculations. This is *just* about the Gara *Chassis* blueprint. (I've been farming it for what has seemed like ages now, and wondered what the probabilities really amounted to.) Probability is weird (a lot weirder than most people think!) so I'm going to spell things out in excruciating detail. 

Ok, the chance that the chassis blueprint will drop in stage 2 (of a level 5-15 bounty (according to the wiki)) ...

That means that the probability that the chassis blueprint will NOT drop in stage 2 is 0.9247 ( = 1 - 0.0753).

The chance that the chassis blueprint will drop in stage 3 (of a level 5-15 bounty (according to the wiki)) ...

That means that the probability that the chassis blueprint will NOT drop in stage 3 is 0.9263 ( = 1 - 0.0737).

So, the probability that a single completed run of the bounty does NOT get you the chassis blueprint is 0.85654961 ( = 0.9247 * 0.9263). ... or roughly an 86% chance of "no joy," which amounts to roughly a 14% chance that you'll get at least one chassis blueprint.

Now ... to get an idea of how many runs it might take you to get the chassis blueprint ...

If you complete two runs, the probability that you'll wind up WITHOUT the chassis blueprint ...

... is about 0.7336 ( = 0.85654961 ^ 2 ... which just means 0.85654961 * 0.85654961) ... or roughly a 73% chance of "no joy."

If you complete ten runs, the probability that you'll wind up WITHOUT the chassis blueprint ...

... is about 0.2126 ( = 0.85654961 ^ 10) ... or roughly a 21% chance of "no joy."

But that's the same as saying there's roughly a 79% chance that you'll have at least one chassis blueprint after ten completed runs. In other words, if you're planning a 10-run farming session, there's a *pretty good* chance that it'll yield the chassis blueprint. (... assuming the wiki's numbers are correct!) 

Similarly, if you complete twenty runs, the probability that you'll wind up WITHOUT the chassis blueprint ...

... is about 0.0452 ( = 0.85654961 ^ 20) ... or roughly a 5% chance of "no joy."

That's the same as saying there's roughly a 95% chance that you'll have at least one chassis blueprint after twenty completed runs.

Still, as many of you know from first-hand experience, even twenty runs cannot guarantee the drop you desire!!!!!

One last thing: Sometimes it's tempting to think that after dozens and dozens of runs with "no joy," your chances magically go up ... maybe because the universe is ultimately fair ... or because RN Jesus is surely merciful. Sorry. No. 

Aaaaaaand with this single post I can feel what’s left of my brain oozing out of my ear.

I have every warframe(or, I had before sell them because I have the prime replace of them) except for Excalibur Prime and Gara.... Honestly, Vauban Prime, Mesa, Harrow and Ivara were far easy to built. I dare to say that Gara is the hardest warframe to build for now. Acquire the blueprints for the parts is already annoying, and its ridiculous requirement for the stones makes me quit to make it.

I will gladly sell all the parts and make the second Mesa if DE can exchange her for Gara, for I think that it would be far easy to just attempt to make Gara.

Only Vauban Prime's 20 nitains can match to Gara's ridiculous stones, I think.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)Ivan of Jupiter said:

Aaaaaaand with this single post I can feel what’s left of my brain oozing out of my ear.

Now that you mention it, I distinctly remember some oozing while I was writing the d*mned thing! 

12 minutes ago, Meta999 said:

Now that you mention it, I distinctly remember some oozing while I was writing the d*mned thing! 

Then you should've made it in a new thread and provided feedback on what you want to change instead of bringing back a long dead post. Now I expect a mod to come in at any point and shut this down as necroing threads is against forum rules last I knew.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

Then you should've made it in a new thread and provided feedback on what you want to change instead of bringing back a long dead post. Now I expect a mod to come in at any point and shut this down as necroing threads is against forum rules last I knew.

This is a rather conflicting rule, imo, considering people are encouraged to use the forum search option before making a post, to reduce redudent topics.

Plus, I think it depends on if the topic is still relevant.  There are some nekro topics over in GD that the mods don't seem to have an issue with.  

23 hours ago, Meta999 said:

I actually appreciate seeing some real math behind it, as I have done over 50 in the last month and still have yet to get the Chassis. I sit down and do 10 to 15 runs before I feel like uninstalling warframe. Since it takes 15 minutes and basically all I do is bullet jump across an orange and blank landscape, my anger at how crappy it all is just rises and rises.

Then of course I get Stretch rewarded repeatedly or something else like endo which I have hundreds of thousands of. But yea after 10 I really hate warframe at that point and its horrible dependency on RNG and an utter lack of intelligent drop design.

I stopped keeping track a week ago when I did over 50. Maybe if I cared and didn't feel as though I was just using a toothbrush to clean a beach but actually having fun and playing a game, I might have cared enough to keep track.

The simple fix is to let us buy stuff with standing. The syndicate system to me, seems decently effective and polished, why the heck do they always need to dream up some new derpy method of doing things instead of just utilizing working systems? I just don't get it especially when you finally and already have a few working systems. It's almost like they finally figured out how to make a hammer and then decided to redesign it again and utterly forgot that they have a hammer.

Edited by Argenex

5 hours ago, Argenex said:

I actually appreciate seeing some real math behind it, as I have done over 50 in the last month and still have yet to get the Chassis. I sit down and do 10 to 15 runs before I feel like uninstalling warframe. Since it takes 15 minutes and basically all I do is bullet jump across an orange and blank landscape, my anger at how crappy it all is just rises and rises.

Then of course I get Stretch rewarded repeatedly or something else like endo which I have hundreds of thousands of. But yea after 10 I really hate warframe at that point and its horrible dependency on RNG and an utter lack of intelligent drop design.

I feel your pain!

It really is enough to make you wonder if the drop rates given on the wiki are accurate. I'm willing to give DE the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes the experience doesn't seem to reflect the numbers. Of course, there are other times when a drop that's supposed to be super rare happens to fall in your lap almost right away. 

Anyway, I've found it important to regularly remind myself that this is a *game* - and it's supposed to be fun. I tend to slip into treating it like work, which is f*cked up, because I really do love the game-play when my head's in the right place.

8 hours ago, Argenex said:

Makes me wonder if it's actually broken for the Chassis on PC and working as intended on Playstation?

considering playstation is behind us on patches probably not. If that were the case there should have been a time period prior to current patches that it was easier to attain gara in.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Meta999 said:

Go figure. After more than a week of "forgetting" about the Gara Chassis blueprint, I decided to do a farming session today - and literally on my very first run, I got it! 

It was kinda anticlimactic, but I can't complain. :)

Well the RNG tends to be like this quite a lot. That when you are not after specific thing the game is like "Here! Take it!" and you will be like. "Cool... Why you didn't give it to me when I really needed it?" well... At least to friend of mine it tends to be like that VERY commonly.