Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crash on public matchamking

Paasimus

I've tried everything i know to fix this, but nada.

I'm stuck soloing, because wether in ship or in galaxy map, whenever i switch to public in matchmaking, the game freezes up and i have to kill it.

This started up today 15. of october around 10.00 GMT +2

OS is Win7 on PC. Hardware problem it ain't so no need for specs.

I'm having a very similar problem, but my computer, after a moment, can push through it.  If my matchmaking is set to public and I go to view the star chart, my game freezes for a moment, then resumes running fine, until I select a node to run. Then it freezes for another moment, then continues like normal. Once I'm in the mission, I don't have any problems, no more freezes, even if I gain or lose other squadmates. I just noticed it happening last night,

• 1 month later...

I am also having this problem.  Last night (December 6th), I was on the loading screen following a mission, and my game crashed.  After that, every time I've gone into the star map with my settings on 'public' I've crashed.  Every time I've gone to the star map, and set my settings to 'public', I've crashed.  Not sure what to do other than a full uninstall-reinstall, but I have to wonder what's causing this and whether that can be patched.

Also, why no one seems to have looked into it on the dev side...?

(Also on PC, Windows 7, though I can't imagine that's anything but a coincidence)

[Edit]:  I have verified and optimized, as recommended on this forum.  I also completely uninstalled and reinstalled Warframe.  At this point I'm finding it hard not to conclude that this is a server-side issue, and that somehow the server errantly believes that I am already on a team and is trying to reconnect me to them (twice now I've tried to switch to public, and it has tried to connect me with three other people).  I'm not sure that's what's going on, but what I am sure about is that I'm out of things to try on my end.

[Second Edit]:  Clicking on the plus sign to add additional people (friends/clan/whatever) to my team also results in an immediate crash.  Additionally, attempting to set myself to "Invite Only" or "Friends Only" also causes immediate crashes.  Soon I will be trying to find out what happens if someone else invites me and I try to accept.  I expect that this will also fail, at which point this game will effectively become a solo-play game for me (which is not a thing that I want at all).

[Third Edit]:  Having a friend invite me resulted in an immediate crash when I accepted.  This is... a major problem.

Edited by N00854UC3
Update with what I've tried to do to fix it...