Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trolls not extracting from the plains

Aurea_Hiigara

Okay, fess up. Who was it? @[DE]Steve? @[DE]Sheldon? WHO got the bright idea that no one would ever be a griefing troll in the plains, so requiring all four players to sit at extraction would be a-ok?

Who is it at the DE office that needs to take Human Psychology 101?

Been sitting in the tunnel for the past 15 minutes because some crybaby wants to punish us for not getting the reward he wanted. Why are WE being punished, DE?

Here's a suggestion. Count up all the times the Abort Mission button has been used in the plains, and for each time, a randomly chosen DE staff member gets a bucket of cold water thrown in their face. It'll be like the ice bucket challenge!

2 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Here's a suggestion. Count up all the times the Abort Mission button has been used in the plains, and for each time, a randomly chosen DE staff member gets a bucket of cold water thrown in their face. It'll be like the ice bucket challenge!

Do it in a devstream or something. The community might want to see it. But really, this would be a terrible idea. people would just do it more.

I have only run plains solo or with friends. A premade squad only once. I have managed to avoid getting and pub people. Not that I am complaining.

You might be able to set your matchmaking limit to the lowest possible setting to prevent people joining (unsure on this).

Just now, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Okay, feedback should be simple. Plains should work like the rest of the game - two people at extraction, timer starts.

I disagree with this. They should allow players to extract by themselves. If only one person wants to go, in a squad of four, that one person should be allowed to.

I do not know why we cannot solo extract. 

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

You might be able to set your matchmaking limit to the lowest possible setting to prevent people joining (unsure on this).

The only limit you can set is average round-trip-time and that has nothing to do with whether or not users can join you

Edited by Prime

Just now, krc473 said:

I disagree with this. They should allow players to extract by themselves. If only one person wants to go, in a squad of four, that one person should be allowed to.

I do not know why we cannot solo extract. 

This. I've been doing plains either solo or with a friend. Public Plains is a no go until they allow you to solo extract.

Just now, Prime said:

The only limit you can set is abg roundtrip-time and that has nothing to do with whether or not users can join you

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. Seen it suggested some places before. But never actually noticed any effects from it.

I mean, you technically could throttle your upload speed. Meaning no one can join because of terrible ping.

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

This. I've been doing plains either solo or with a friend. Public Plains is a no go until they allow you to solo extract.

I tried it once. The other person quit because I was fishing with dyes and told them to wait two minutes to extract. But they had joined and wanted to go 30 seconds later.

Now I just avoid public at all costs. Set it to friends only. No one but the people I want to have joined me since.

1 minute ago, dendroaspis84 said:

Plains of Eidolon at this state feels like beta. Needs a lot re-work starting from above mentioned problem ending with standings points farming. Nothing saying about bugs which are another problem...

Honestly I haven't found too many bugs considering the scope of the update. There was the bounties not progressing bug, but that's been fixed, and the not being able to join friends, but from what I've seen also fixed. Compared to some of the other big updates, I'd say this was the most ironed out function wise on release. Numbers need to be tweaked, and extraction needs work, but good in the bug world so far I'd say.

15 minutes ago, dendroaspis84 said:

Plains of Eidolon at this state feels like beta. Needs a lot re-work starting from above mentioned problem ending with standings points farming. Nothing saying about bugs which are another problem...

the whole game is in perpetual beta, there will be things that will need to be fixed or balanced or just flat out changed. I haven't gotten to play it yet but I've seen enough of it to know that there is a great foundation. This is, after all, their first pass at this in warframe. 

Ranting aside this is an issue and how DE decides to tackle it is going to affect the other maps they plan on making. Looking at the bigger picture if they decide to let people leave when they want in a group then they would be disbanding the group every single time which would get annoying quickly to reform your party after being out on the plains. If we could just have the timer back like in all the other missions then this really wouldn't be an issue. Now that I think about it the best solution would be to have a terminal at the exit that allows people to complete their missions and go back to Cetus on their own and having the usual countdown timer when 50% of the squad goes back. Anyone who is dead or AFK won't be holding up the others and those that need to leave don't lose progress.