Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Constractive feedback+suggestion on PoE

Zarlockk

Hey, first of all, Amazing job DE. Cetus is great, makes game more interesting and is a move in right direction. A lot of new features and things to do. Hopefully we will see more cities like this.

However I feel like there are a few things that should get attention. I am not including bugs here, just feedback and opinions

1) It would be great if HUD would display day/night time while out in the plains. This would help keep track of when Eidolons about to spawn/despawn

2) Mining is a bit of a mess. What I mean is that number of spots is very limited, outcome is for the most part unpredictable, description of tools doesn't specify what exactly is the difference between them. I would like to suggest adding more mining spots or making caves richer

3) Speaking of caves, closed doors right at the entrance isnt what most of us call a cave. more like a storage room underneath which is still locked so it is sort of a pointless "cave". Only couple fo worth looking at caves if one needs to mine.

4) Also another mining related issue, so i was trying to build one of the amps from Onkko and it required 30 of processed gems. Not cool staring at a foundry and refining gems for 30 minutes starting new one every minute. Feature to set 30 at a time or at least set a chain of upgrades would be very welcome.

5) Grineer are extremely annoying by noticing and shooting at player from over 100 meters while player is fishing mining or whatever. They dont even bother to get closer. Also very often they land on top of consoles or player which is very frustrating.

6) Fishing is nice but fills very empty with very little guidance. Further you go from cetus, the richer it gets does not really apply here. This is especially true for sea fish. They are close to none.

7) Sentient cores+Quills standing. Very slow.....Way too slow even. Defeating Eidolon does not feel very rewarding. You get 3-4 exceptional and very rarely a flawless per Eidolon which gives between 1200-1600 standing. Rarely with a flawless extra 1200. If we calculate number of Eidolons we need to defeat to get to max standing with Quills, it gets quite insane especially since you need a squad to reliably defeat one. Simple intact cores from small sentient are especially worthless. Only 25 standing. If they would give at least a hundred that would be something but unreliable 25 standing from each of them is just mean.

I would like to suggest to increase standing from intact cores to 100 at least. Make core a guaranteed drop from simple sentients and increase number of cores dropped by Eidolons to minimum 8. 

8) Cetus standing gain is a bit slow. Increase slightly bounty rewards and it will be ok imo.

9) Lack of information in general. Like how fishing works mechanically, how different spears affect it, how exactly baits work, what is difference between cutters.

Have not tried Archwing yet so cant judge that, but all points above should get some attention in my opinion.

Overall great update, but points above should get addressed.

3) I believe they are no storage rooms, but rather entrances to a tunnel system, which hasn't been added yet. 

7) I think your solution would be an overkill. Guaranteed intact cores OR more standing per core would be nice,but people should still have to work for standing.

9) That could actually be intentional. DE wants us to experiment around to find out what works and what not.

1. Yes

2. I understood the mining tool differences: first one is just basic. Next one doesn't have the beam wobble so you can follow the lines easier, last one can get the last 2 gem types.

4 yes a foundry queue would be wonderful with crafting experiences like this.

5 yeah the indoor alertness setting doesn't really work as well as it should for the plains. Groups should not alert the entire plains on sighting a tenno and should "lose" sight after a certain distance.

7 yeah quills grind is rediculous at the moment.

8. cetus gain is currently fine. Fishing allows for an incredibly fast pace of standing rush with some large fish giving 1k apiece