Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

D20 Concept : Rubah. Kitsune Themed warframe (PRIME TIME FEATURED).

LascarCapable

FEATURED ON PRIME TIME #188 :

Révélation

OFFICIAL ARTWORK BY LUKINU_U :

rubah__the_kitsune_warframe_by_lukinu_u-

Almost a year ago, I created a Warframe concept under the Kitsune theme (you can consult the old thread here by the way). Today, I found back my concept while searching one of my old posts in the forums. The only thing that came through my mind was "wow, this needs some refining". So here it comes, Kitsune Frame 2.0, and now with a name : Rubah. It means "Fox" in Indonesian.

The idea behind this concept is to make a Warframe that rewards skillful interactions and reflexes. Your powers go hand in hand with your weaponry, no matter what type your weapon is. All of your powers are extremely cheap, considered as one handed casts and does not interrupt your movements, reload, shooting or whatever. This is made so you can do everything on the go and take advantage of your Warframe's mobility.

Stats : A bit more tanky than Loki, but a bit less fast too.

Shield : 100
Health : 75
Armor : 65 
Speed : 1.2
Energy : 150

PASSIVE : Curse
- Enemies touched by the warframe or hits by their abilities will be cursed (taking the shape of a Kitsune tail circling the enemy). When a cursed enemy gets damaged, they'll transmit 100% of that damage to other cursed enemies. Bullet jump explosions counts as cursing moves. Your passive is the core of all your mechanics, and your goal is to effectively curse as much ennemies as possible before finishing them all at once with a single blow of the weapon of your choice.

1 : Fox fire. 15 energy + 5 energy for each additional projectiles.

• Throws an arcing, fast projectile, that explodes on contact with any surface. 
  • Deals fire damage with guaranteed fire proc chance in a low radius. 
  • Skill button can be held for additional projectiles. Up to 9 projectiles can be thrown at once, in a horizontal pattern.
  • Skill cost is increased for each projectiles thrown.
  • Damage is affected by power strenght. Explosion radius is affected by power range.
  • (Applies curse on all affected enemies)

2 : Mischief. 25 energy.

• Stuns a single enemy at range and turns his appearance into yours while turning yourself invisible. This will make other enemies target that enemy instead of yourself. 
  • The ability breaks if the targeted enemy dies or if you deal damage to any enemy. Bullet jumps and air kicks doesn't count. 
  • Abilities won't pull yourself out of invisibility as long as they don't deal damage to enemies. 
  • As long as you are invisible, your next attack will get a huge bonus damage multiplier.
  • Casting range is affected by power range. Duration is affected by power duration. Both bamage multipliers are affected by power strenght.
  • (Applies curse on the targetted enemy)

3 : Escape. 50 energy.

• - Teleports the warframe in the direction she's running. If you aren't running, the default direction is backwards.
  • - Cleanse status procs and negative effects. Instantly reload the current weapon. Give a 1s invincibility frame after cast.
  • - Enemies in the warframe's path will be cursed (considered as being touched by the warframe).
  • - The power can be used while knocked down or staggered, which will make the warframe instantly recover with a backwards teleport.
  • - The power is free to use when under a knockdown, stagger or any other kind of movement impairing effects (except cold procs).
  • - Affected by power range. NOT AFFECTED BY POWER DURATION.

4 : Vixen's dance. 50 energy/toggleable 5 energy per second.

• Increase parkour speed, roll/dodge lenght and slide speed by a rather large amount.
  • Reduce friction by the same amount.
  • Cursed enemies will stop attacking and become charmed by the user (follows them). If mischief is used, ennemies will gather around the enemy targeted by mischief instead.
  • Toggle cost affected by power duration. Parkour/dodge/slide speed increase affected by power strenght. Friction reduction affected by power strenght.

That's about it for now.

I desperately need some artworks for that new Warframe as well, as I am pretty terrible at drawing anything Warframe related. If you like the concept, feel free to attempt to draw a fitting concept art for them. You are free to do it in any way you want, just make sure to remain in the main theme.

I hope you liked the concept !

D20, out !

OLDER CONCEPT ARTS :

EternalDrk Mako :

Spoiler
Le 22/10/2017 à 06:27, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako a dit :

hDMtxE5OVAAERKQI.jpg:large 

concept art 

Sziklamester

Spoiler
Le 22/10/2017 à 11:15, Sziklamester a dit :

2j2x4lx.jpg24dud.jpg

13 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

If this frame is female then I can imagine somethig like this. Of course it needs to be translated into warfame universe but the idea could be this.

lady_fox_png_by_alexanniko-d8ilgwv.png

You are free to imagine them in the way you want. There is no "official" artwork. Could be male or female. :p

42 minutes ago, D20 said:

You are free to imagine them in the way you want. There is no "official" artwork. Could be male or female. :p

Yeah but the fourth ability sounds like a femalish that's why I asked it. Also I am not the best artist around there but I do a try. If you feel you need a proper art ask @EternalDrk Mako because he have affinity to make art.

At least it is a nice job to me to try to do something valueable.

5xv2vl.jpg

Also this is a part of my original art of one of my frame called : Xenis. With Mako we remade her and now I am trying to make a model of it.

On 16/10/2017 at 1:06 PM, Sziklamester said:

Yeah but the fourth ability sounds like a femalish that's why I asked it. Also I am not the best artist around there but I do a try. If you feel you need a proper art ask @EternalDrk Mako because he have affinity to make art.

At least it is a nice job to me to try to do something valueable.

Also this is a part of my original art of one of my frame called : Xenis. With Mako we remade her and now I am trying to make a model of it.

Mako is currently busy to my knowledge. He's actually working on personal stuff and a few other concepts (including my own). I guess I'll link it when finished.

I can maybe work on some art if you need some. Mine isn't the best though.

12 hours ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Mako is currently busy to my knowledge. He's actually working on personal stuff and a few other concepts (including my own). I guess I'll link it when finished.

Yep. Also he finished some work for me too so I will try to do my best on this.

On 2017. 10. 17. at 4:16 PM, D20 said:

Anyone can work on it. No need to ask. So please do if you want to. :p

atuqkz.jpg

This is just a prototype of the rubah as you see still no colored and still need to work on the parts but honestly the coloring and texturing is not my strongest part. Hope you enjoy this phase.

14 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

atuqkz.jpg

This is just a prototype of the rubah as you see still no colored and still need to work on the parts but honestly the coloring and texturing is not my strongest part. Hope you enjoy this phase.

Looks like a rather small one. Looks like she's even smaller than Nova. Fits the theme pretty well. Maybe the build is too petite but hey, body diversity is an important thing.

Mind if I add this to the main post ? @Sziklamester

7 hours ago, D20 said:

Looks like a rather small one. Looks like she's even smaller than Nova. Fits the theme pretty well. Maybe the build is too petite but hey, body diversity is an important thing.

Mind if I add this to the main post ? @Sziklamester

I don't mind it, but I still work on this nice one and when Mako ready he / she could also take a look on it and improve this idea. More detail and of course coloring will follow this.

2j2x4lx.jpg24dud.jpg

This is the current state of the drawing. The problem I have no photoshop and not so good with the coloring so it is still need some color altering and shading to be much better.

The second is just a fun color manipulating but I guess it looks also good for this frame. The first is more like the original fox colors but as I said it needs some color correction and shadowing.

Also summoning @Unus here to take a look at this.

Edited by Sziklamester

4 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

2j2x4lx.jpg24dud.jpg

This is the current state of the drawing. The problem I have no photoshop and not so good with the coloring so it is still need some color altering and shading to be much better.

The second is just a fun color manipulating but I guess it looks also good for this frame. The first is more like the original fox colors but as I said it needs some color correction and shadowing.

Should I add those two to the concept art list or do you still want to wait a bit ?

5 hours ago, D20 said:

Too much like a prime frame indeed. About the arms, they just have clothing over them, hence the "wierd" shape.

I'm going to add it to the main thread.

7 hours ago, kgabor said:

Looks like a Prime concept to me, really nice but the arms look weird, lol.

well i reflected on harrow and titanias design. more recent frames have metallics added while not being a prime. and the gold ornate seemed to fit the theme 

On 10/22/2017 at 5:15 AM, Sziklamester said:

2j2x4lx.jpg24dud.jpg

Agh, dem it, digging for time to look over your critter-frame.

Hm, for some odd reason, I feel like if the "red-tail" one had a black backdrop to it, it would have even more pop then it currently has with the white backdrop. So far though, well done with the appeal, seems to go quite well with the "humanoid but NOT human" focus they've been shooting for since square one, replicates the Hydroid style facewise with "sure, it SEEMS to have two eyes, but it has some definitively non-human traits as well."

On 10/22/2017 at 12:27 AM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

hDMtxE5OVAAERKQI.jpg:large 

concept art 

The sultry empress to Mr. Mester's impish trickster I see. Imagine if they were the same frame, but the trickster changes INTO the empress during Ability casting. The terrifying ultimate trick.

Edited by Unus

I had to see this.  I made a kitsune themed warframe concept in the past and wondered how you created her kit.  I like it, it sounds fun to use.

Mine is in this list....and to be honest....mine took a more complicated route than yours...by a lot.  Mine has a focus on the two sides of kitsune that affect her first and second as well as her celestial form and the whole star or thing in the mythos.  

I like yours as well though...

22 hours ago, blazeshadow44 said:

I had to see this.  I made a kitsune themed warframe concept in the past and wondered how you created her kit.  I like it, it sounds fun to use.

Mine is in this list....and to be honest....mine took a more complicated route than yours...by a lot.  Mine has a focus on the two sides of kitsune that affect her first and second as well as her celestial form and the whole star or thing in the mythos.  

I like yours as well though...

I think a concept has to remain rather simple. Sure more complicated warframes can be made like Chroma or Nidus, but the overall idea has to remain simple. Overloading a spell with effects like I did in my old version of Rubah with the 4th power usually isn't something you want to do.