Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New game type and a little talk about PvP

Ha2x

Hi ,

Im here to satisfy my ego :p . I feel like my idea could give players that feel of shock and excitement and acceptance of why they lost instead of fustration of how and why and omg OP .But I want people who have done stuff like this for a long time to help me understand If and where I am going wrong. So thanks In advance.

Lets get down to it. So I'll try to see if we can come up with reasons or experiences for each point I make.

So PvP is supposed to be either about being the best in the mechanics given to you or a way to compete with your friends to feel bonded or to have a real fun fight and brag if we talk about rng games like cards its about those rng moments changing the game but not heavily punishing the player on either side and not knowing if u'll lose because of this rng. 

But. Warframe's tag should attract the more "Im the best" type cause " Ninja's play free" does really attract a LUDO player.

So. What I have in mind is a dodgeball+handball type of game. Where this comes from is A) The need to put player on the same base. B) Idk really people said lunaro and I went lunaro->Ball->dodgeball was fun - > Lunaro is like handball . Boom.

Anyway. So. The rules are. 

A) Same type of meele or balanced meele weapon of every kind only to keep the game not a 1 shot hell also once u read it all U'll see that guns will make this game irritating.( whip  , pole , dagger , sword , (glaive would break the game. U'll see why in a min )

B) A ball spawns in the middle of the map . The player's team needs to get to the ball from the middle into the enemy "Goal" which is a circle.. And it keeps revolving around the map. it has places where it gets blocked by bars..The whole map actually is rotating. ( I'll get to the map in a sec )

C) The whole map is inside a nullifier bubble. ( the reason is putting people on equal platform and I dont know how powers will blend with this gameplay , can experiment later) 

D)If the carrier ( player with ball ) gets hit by meele they drop the ball . To counter this. If the player uses the ball ( left click ) they throw it . If it hits a teamate its a pass. If it hits an enemy 2 things can happen . 1) if it hits the enemy because the player aimed at them they get thrown backwards but does not fall and loose shields. If hit without shields they die ball goes back into the hand of the carrier like the glaive. 2) if the enemy intercepts the ball they "catch" the pass.  ( See im trying to bring this feeling of shock and a bit of anger and Adrenalin if they get knocked back and a feeling of awesome when they do catch it. to implement it u need to see if the player is in a +45 to -45 degree angle of the ball's vector && player is enemy. If true send them flying if not they have the ball ) 

So . All of this is meant to give players a feeling of teamwork and provide them with a way to train . Implement and sharpen their movement and aiming skill.. Arnt these the core skills of warframe. The better u know how to do these things the more fun warframe is. Like warframe is a totally different game for a person who takes rhino and presses 2 and kills stuff with his soma prime and very different for a player who flies literally never stopping and kills everything in his path. 

SO lets get to the map. yea. 

See warframe maps are well linear and have weak synergy with the warframe movement style. Example. normal warframe maps have tight corridors and a straight land. no variant. Even the map I kinda like the shiny one with pillars like we are in a MR test room has the issue of u use bullet jump only and only to gain speed and catch up with ur target if u wall stick or wall run ur target gives u no room to hit them its too tight if anything bullet jumps and mauvers should give us unexpected positioning and advantages that are fun . Sure people can get faster but that level of fast hands isnt really broad . I know that just seems like simplifying the game but... it isnt. it'll add way more variety to the game cause if ur hands are really that fast wont u just snipe people to death ( if it works ) 

So. warframe maps for pvp need more space between turns and covers and it needs more connectivity. Like If u wall run from 1 wall there should be 3 other walls where u can connect that manuver and the 4th one is the way u came from . And bullet jump needs to be taken into account. These walls should not crowd the space and give no room for aiming. and the map should constantly keep changing.

Hence the rotating map ( now i think a moving map itself takes a lot of processor power and constant rendering so potatos are dead but this theoretical anyway ) see this brings stuff like if u fall from say a ball hitting u in the face u get knocked back into the wall which is now ur floor bullet jump to use that straight wall which is now a slope to run towards ur target and bullet jump to meet them in the air.. . Look at ur surrounding think fast.. that experience . And more importantly. When ur trying to throw the ball into the goal u dont just run on a straight path stop aim and throw into the air U are into the air and U aim to throw the ball below u or above u towards the goal . 

But rotating maps is really is not important. Whts important is to keep the player in a constant motion cause motion which is not in ur direct control is scary but awesome. ( sister just brought a cat but she is so scared so she took her back aww ) so like PoE make most land sloped like a pinball map. Cause then people will always be slip sliding. 

So onto revolving goals. So dont just think of revolution in 2d Like it'll start at point a and move from x=-map width/2 to x= +map width/2 and y=-map height to +map height . Also add in little per sec it moves in z direction = 3. So the goal will always be in a very diffferent place. and It'll be fun to track

So thats all here . to wrap it up . To enjoy pvp the mechanics should be very clear and offer a lot of diversity and the most effective thing offering a clear basics but a lot of diversity is ... Movement 2.0.

So yea. thats my dream build. Just have fun thinking about it or using logic to see why it wouldnt be fun

Would be nice to have new mode, but too many modes dilutes player base.  Right now I'm struggling to find matches for team mode and cephalon capture.

Before we could add new mode, we need to make Conclave more attractive

Edited by Hueminator

5 hours ago, Hueminator said:

Would be nice to have new mode, but too many modes dilutes player base.  Right now I'm struggling to find matches for team mode and cephalon capture.

Cephalon Capture is ripe for replacement.

The game mode was never a good fit for Conclave, and the band-aids applied to it just create perverse incentives.

I have very little confidence in this OP, but let's just remember that Conclave has a "free slot" for a new game mode.

On 17.10.2017 at 5:06 AM, SevenLetterKWord said:

Cephalon Capture is ripe for replacement.

The game mode was never a good fit for Conclave, and the band-aids applied to it just create perverse incentives.

I have very little confidence in this OP, but let's just remember that Conclave has a "free slot" for a new game mode.

they could change the concept of ccpt to the blitzball gamemode Lawbreakers has. It is more fitting for fast movement.

1 Ball (with a little spawn timer) and both teams have to deliver the ball through the enemy goal. If they take to long the countdown runs out, the ball is exploding and respawning. (no point for any team -> try again with the new ball)

On 10/20/2017 at 1:28 AM, Loxyen said:

they could change the concept of ccpt to the blitzball gamemode Lawbreakers has. It is more fitting for fast movement.

1 Ball (with a little spawn timer) and both teams have to deliver the ball through the enemy goal. If they take to long the countdown runs out, the ball is exploding and respawning. (no point for any team -> try again with the new ball)

that seems fun