Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon is its own Ecosystem

Krion112

1 hour ago, Krion112 said:

I had this realization as well, after I was about to be extremely angry about having to surrender quite a number of Sentient cores; nothing obtained in Cetus and the Plains applies at all to the rest of the game.

• Using Ostron Rep on fishing and mining only contributes more to fishing and mining.
  • Using Ostron Rep to make Zaws only services to make obtaining Ostron Rep easier.
  • Using Quill Rep only makes your Operator's Amp more powerful, which only really matters in the Plains.
  • The new resources don't seem to apply to anything outside of the Plains
  • Just about everything else is Decoration or Cosmetic

If you play Warframe for Warframe, there's no reason to go to the plains.

This is the conclusion I came to.

I have to ask, have we learned nothing? Did we, somehow, magically forget that Archwing was built as its own ecosystem, and failed? Did we forget that Conclave was built as its own ecosystem, and it, too, failed. Lunaro? Trials? Operators?

This is my feedback: I don't like this segregation philosophy, DE. You've just given me a whole lot of stuff not to do, because it doesn't apply outside of its own ecosystem. Why would I invest in that which does not affect the core game?

If I wanted to play a 360-degrees of freedom space shooter, I'd play Descent, Freespace, or any other plethora of games dedicated to that genre. If I wanted to play a player-versus-player shooter, I'd go play something like TF2, Quake, Halo, CoD, or Titanfall. Likewise, if I wanted to play an open-world game, I'd play The Witcher, Skyrim, Fallout, GTA, Saints Row, etc.

Point is, I'd rather play a game entirely dedicated to its genre, than play a mini-game tacked onto a preexisting game. Until Plains of Eidolon has anything to do with the core game, you can expect that I will not be playing it any longer, just as I chose not to involve myself in Archwing, Lunaro, and all the other 'mini-games' that have preceded it.

while I kind of agree with you... the point is, ppl get bored too fast and always need new content and mechanics. Leave the core game at this point how is it will mean, ppl leaving. Because its again the same. Run the same missions to farm the new stuff. I liked the other ecosystems that you talked about but maybe the problem is DE didnt nothing to implement all that content on the rest of the core game. And when they do, ppl just complain. Im tired of hear friends say... I need archwing to do this mission I dont want to... so they dont play that mission. Sometimes the problem is the ppl. They want new things but when DE gives to us new content with new mechanics... wow... No one is interested.

1 minute ago, DarkDemonXR69 said:

while I kind of agree with you... the point is, ppl get bored too fast and always need new content and mechanics. Leave the core game at this point how is it will mean, ppl leaving. Because its again the same. Run the same missions to farm the new stuff. I liked the other ecosystems that you talked about but maybe the problem is DE didnt nothing to implement all that content on the rest of the core game. And when they do, ppl just complain. Im tired of hear friends say... I need archwing to do this mission I dont want to... so they dont play that mission. Sometimes the problem is the ppl. They want new things but when DE gives to us new content with new mechanics... wow... No one is interested.

I haven't abandoned the original Quake yet, because there's still incredible variety in what can be done, especially considering mods and maps. Same for Half-Life, same for older Halo games.

Just because DE apparently didn't know how to expand on or fix the core game, doesn't mean there wasn't ways to do it that didn't involve shoehorning in entire games.

We complain about those systems, because they have so little to do with the core game. I'm not going to be interested in any addition to Warframe that doesn't, you know, add to Warframe. We don't just want new things; we want new things that have to do with the game we're playing.

1 minute ago, Krion112 said:

I haven't abandoned the original Quake yet, because there's still incredible variety in what can be done, especially considering mods and maps. Same for Half-Life, same for older Halo games.

Just because DE apparently didn't know how to expand on or fix the core game, doesn't mean there wasn't ways to do it that didn't involve shoehorning in entire games.

We complain about those systems, because they have so little to do with the core game. I'm not going to be interested in any addition to Warframe that doesn't, you know, add to Warframe. We don't just want new things; we want new things that have to do with the game we're playing.

Yep and I still play old doom with mods, and other retro old school games sometimes. But that are us. today players always demand new things or... they just leave and go play another game. Mantain the game fresh and entertaining its difficult. As an example I like archwing but friends always complain about the gameplay it self not if we have something to do with the archwings.

This topic is very subjective to anyone. I only see players on warframe getting bored because is the same again and again, and at the same time they demand new things to do, but as I said, when DE add new stuff... they dont play or they dont like the new mode. And if DE forces players to go modes they dont like it... ex: Puting now materials from archwing like telurium to build new stuff, then most of the time again, they will leave the game.

Btw Im not interested in pvp so I dont count lunaro and conclave in this conversation XD I feel WF as a Pve game.

The ecosystem problem OP talks about is not so much that things, ie Archwing, are not integrated into the rest of the game mechanically, the problem is that they cannot be progressed by the core game at all. Biggest issue for a lot of people in regards to Archwing was and is that they have to start from zero and they cannot advance in any other manner than winging it in super-low-level Archwing. This has improved a good bit, what with Syndicates and the Dojo providing more Archwing equipment and whatnot, but the big problem for people is that all their core mods and so on are worthless for Archwing.

In case of the Operator and Quills, this is far more pronounced because you cannot even gain the benefit of fused mods, formas, 'taters, etc because unlike Archwing (for the record, I'm one of those people who likes Archwing) the segregation from rest of the game is nearly total and absolute, only Focus has a tiny tiny influence which is left essentially nonexistent because a % bonus to nothing is still nothing as the Operator is an unimaginably pathetic scrub. And unlike Archwing there is nothing fun or interesting about fighting the Teralyst, and also unlike Archwing, the grind needed is vastly bigger. And unlike Archwing, by the look of things you are never going to feel like you reached a goal or became more powerful as the Operator.

Edited by vaarnaaarne

The plains still will provide a lot of new players with opportunities to farm mods and xp for their regular equipment. Tusk Grineers still drop Vitality etc, everyone can enter the plains with the same equipment they would in any other Warframe mission.
And once people get to crafting their "Zaws", I'm sure those weapons are usable outside the plains.
So the completely segregated closed ecosystem model doesn't quite fit here.
Don't understand why we don't encounter Rubedo or Neurodes or Kubrow on the plains though, would seem like they should be around as well on Earth.
(Also like Archwing and still hope for that Star Wars Battlefront 2 classic spacebattle gamemode implemented, and want to be able to level up archwings on the plains.)

4 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

And once people get to crafting their "Zaws", I'm sure those weapons are usable outside the plains.

Yes, and Operator Amps are still usable outside the Plains as well, however, I guarantee these weapons are really only going to be useful within the Plains, Zaws for obtaining Ostron reputation, Amps for dealing with the Teralyst, which in turn only serves to provide Quill reputation. It's still a system that only really rewards itself, hence why I would argue that it is entirely its own segregated system.

Actually there IS a reason to go to plains if you play Warframe for Warframe.

New stances.

Oooor you can buy them then never have to go to the plains. The new polearm stance is weak, but the sword/dagger/dual sword stances are good. 

Edited by HyokaChan

7 minutes ago, HyokaChan said:

Actually there IS a reason to go to plains if you play Warframe for Warframe.

New stances.

Oooor you can buy them then never have to go to the plains. The new polearm stance is weak, but the sword/dagger/dual sword stances are good. 

Well, I supposed my argument would be that stances don't hardly affect the way I play either, as I don't ever focus on melee, but I suppose for the players that do focus on melee, that could be something worthwhile to them.

On the other hand, though, that would also suggest that the design is incompatible, because you have to play through this entire section of the game that does not rely upon core game-play to obtain something that does apply to core game-play.