The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best frame for soloing bounties award goes to....

45neo

5 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

In my opinion it's Ash, but Frost, Nyx and Volt can do well too.

Ash has been my "go to' for most things for the last month or two and he has held it down for me in the plains so far too.

I'm trying to solo/duo the teralysts and use Rhino then though.

I don't think any frame had trouble with the plains, but Mesa is just in her element there. The wide open area means that she pretty much aim-bots everything before they can barely react. SS protects her from most fire and there is rarely a danger of melee or enemies spawning behind her. 

I foresee new enemies eventually that can counter our frames

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I don't think any frame had trouble with the plains, but Mesa is just in her element there. The wide open area means that she pretty much aim-bots everything before they can barely react. SS protects her from most fire and there is rarely a danger of melee or enemies spawning behind her. 

I foresee new enemies eventually that can counter our frames

Mesa is almost comically overpowered on the Plains. Park her on top of the objective, pop into Peacemaker for a few seconds a couple of times a minute. Done.

1 hour ago, Nazrethim said:

You pretty much require a mass AoE weapon like a well modded  Lenz or Tonkor for that, as he completely lacks AoE clearing himself.

Since when Bladestorm is not AoE? Yes, I use Lenz because its cheesy, but Ash is way to go mostly for his Fatal Teleport and Shuriken. High level Nox or Tusk mortar guy are really pain in the as.

Just now, RobWasHere said:

Since when Bladestorm is not AoE?

It's a target-by-target assassination ability since the revisit. And it has to be setup by spinning your camera like a maniac previous to activating it. And it costs energy per target as opposed to a fixed cost regardless of targets. By the time you clear a wave the next wave is spawning or has spawned and it's swarming the objective.

Just now, RobWasHere said:

Yes, I use Lenz because its cheesy, but Ash is way to go mostly for his Fatal Teleport and Shuriken. High level Nox or Tusk mortar guy are really pain in the as.

You said it yourself. Fatal Teleport and Seeking Shuriken. Also Smoke Shadow to protect those idiotic prisoners and drones. But for AoE clearing you need an AoE gun because BS simply doesn't cut it.

2 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

It's a target-by-target assassination ability since the revisit. And it has to be setup by spinning your camera like a maniac previous to activating it. And it costs energy per target as opposed to a fixed cost regardless of targets. By the time you clear a wave the next wave is spawning or has spawned and it's swarming the objective.

You said it yourself. Fatal Teleport and Seeking Shuriken. Also Smoke Shadow to protect those idiotic prisoners and drones. But for AoE clearing you need an AoE gun because BS simply doesn't cut it.

If you're spinning the camera like a maniac to do BS, you don't know how to play Ash. 

Ash is even more effective in the plains IMO. I can actually stalk as him, jump in, wreak havoc and activate BS to clean up

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

If you're spinning the camera like a maniac to do BS, you don't know how to play Ash. 

Ash is even more effective in the plains IMO. I can actually stalk as him, jump in, wreak havoc and activate BS to clean up

I do use it ocassionally when I go to the plains hunting with my Dread and Fusilai to kill those pesky Dargyns. I don't doubt Ash is effective in plains. I'm saying BS isn't really worth it in the plains either. You're better off with equiping Fatal Teleport, Seeking Shuriken and Smoke Shadow than modding to make BS less of a waste. I can clean up just fine with most of my weapons. I don't need a blinding sepia energy sink to do so. And depending on the situation, you either need to clean up enemies marked on your map and screen which makes them easy to track and hunt with weapons or you don't really have to kill them all and you can just move on to the next target.

8 hours ago, Horaciozhao said:

Octavia. Sit in your world loudest stealth and watch your murder ball rolling around cutting down enemies like grass and snipe down one or two very durable ones with your vectis prime. 

Seconded on Octavia.  It's one of the few places where Resonator doesn't nerf Mallet; the wide open spaces means enemies can actually shoot it before getting within range of its CC.

Breaking out the cutting tool and going invisible mining in the middle of a pitched battle is the best.

Zephyr - flys around using 1 and shoot while flying

Rhino - i can just go iron skin mode while enemies tries to kill me

Nyx - control all enemies and let enemies kill each other while you kill em

Coming back to this, about the only frame I can think of that'd have trouble with anything PoE related is Ember. Even with World on Fire she's mostly built for CQC combat, so unless you built to abuse WoF range to absurd levels, her Accelerant ain't going to grab everything if it's a widespread battle over several kilometers.

No matter the frame used, though, I'm glad that this is a place where a sniper rifle can really get it's party rocking. They've been criminally underused specifically because none of the tilesets were quite big enough for them.

32 minutes ago, GratuitousLurking said:

Coming back to this, about the only frame I can think of that'd have trouble with anything PoE related is Ember. Even with World on Fire she's mostly built for CQC combat, so unless you built to abuse WoF range to absurd levels, her Accelerant ain't going to grab everything if it's a widespread battle over several kilometers.

No matter the frame used, though, I'm glad that this is a place where a sniper rifle can really get it's party rocking. They've been criminally underused specifically because none of the tilesets were quite big enough for them.

i find that Ember takes a hit in effectiveness in plains too. Im not saying she isnt good (all of its easy honestly) but she isnt as effective as she is in corridors. 

54 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i find that Ember takes a hit in effectiveness in plains too. Im not saying she isnt good (all of its easy honestly) but she isnt as effective as she is in corridors. 

Would be nice if Fire Blast incinerated everything inside the ring instead of just on the ring. Would make setting the world on fire much more lively on the plains. Pero ese es un muñeco de otro aparador.