Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Cetus Wisp farming guide

CeePee

Hello! First of all, getting max loot radar is the most important thing since Wisps show up on the minimap. You'll need maxed out Loot Radar aura, Thief's Wit and Animal Instinct for your sentinel/companion.

Next up, pick a fast frame of your choosing to run the route quickly. I suggest using a Nova with maxed Power Efficiency and Range so you can skip over lakes and portal directly into Wisp spawn locations.

Time of day also directly impacts the spawn rate of Cetus Wisps. From my testing in this route you get 1-3 Wisps per day and 3-7 Wisps per night and double that with boosters.

To loot the Wisps, simply walk over them. They will run from you in about 5 seconds if you don't loot them immediately, so don't wait around for too long. Try to memorize the Wisp spawn locations so you can use the minimap to spot them and skip looking if there's nothing around.

Here is the full route with all 30 Wisp spawn locations along it. There are more Wisp spawn locations around the ponds and lakes in plains but this is my preferred route:

qu2G0pS.jpg

Direct album link in case imgur breaks direct image again: https://imgur.com/a/VyEluP2

If you prefer the farming route as video instead, here's the route I'm using with Nova, the run takes 2-3 minutes to complete:

Spoiler

Edited by CeePee
Fixed broken image link
  • Like 52

Just now, CeePee said:

Cue sad violin, here's how the Wisps escape:

giphy.gif

This might be the most bullS#&$ thing about the wisps. Not only are they hard as F*** to see, and rare, but they also piss off pretty quickly for no @(*()$ reason.

• Like 2

Just now, ShikiRen said:

This might be the most bullS#&$ thing about the wisps. Not only are they hard as F*** to see, and rare, but they also piss off pretty quickly for no @(*()$ reason.

It seems to be about 5 seconds before they escape, timer starts when you spot them and are reasonably close to them

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ShikiRen said:

Daily reminder that you need 30 to make the first possible AMP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CeePee said:

Only takes 3-5 runs during the night with a booster, so that's max 15-20 mins. Wouldn't say it's too much farming :)

Do they respawn though when you leave and return to the plains? EDIT : From what I can see, no, they didn'T even respawn for me after waiting for the next day cycle. got a whole total of 2 wisps, gg.

Edited by ShikiRen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ShikiRen said:

Do they respawn though when you leave and return to the plains? EDIT : From what I can see, no, they didn'T even respawn for me after waiting for the next day cycle. got a whole total of 2 wisps, gg.

They respawn every time you enter Cetus and exit back to the Plains, you can't wait in the plains - you do have to extract

27 minutes ago, RAZORMAX said:

Hey tenno! Thanks a ton the guide was perfect got an average of 2-5 wisps when i go out on the plains. Does the night spawn more wisps than the day ?

Yep, night spawns clearly more wisps

Edited by CeePee

19 hours ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

tenor.gif

XSMdrM7.png

7 hours ago, ninjakivi0 said:

It isn't. Go to settings and disable map rotation; this is how it will look like.

Unless the earth started rotating the other way in this universe, I wouldn't be too sure