Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Cetus Wisp farming guide

CeePee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a fantastic map.  I found 14 cetus wisps on one run through the entire map.  I needed them badly and now that I know if I add a booster to resources I get double the wisps, I was able to get all the wisps I needed, and then some, to make my new amp in only 2 runs.  Thanks so much for giving us a wonderful resource map.  Happy farming 😊

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I have seen wisps spawn by the lakes to the far north on that map. I've also seen them spawn by the ocean before, as well

The point is to have an efficient route and skip those ponds and lakes with only 1 spawn location, or if they're simply too far away off the route

Here's what worked for me...

When I first entered the Plains, it was overwhelming. When I got to know my way around a bit, I started to actively seek out these elusive wisps. The hardest part was to spot them, but, once I knew what I was looking for, I was able to spot the little critters quite well. Anyhoo, after many unsuccessful attempts, I restricted myself to a simple 5-minute route, at the suggestion of a YouTuber (DADEFUYE - 'How to farm 40 Wisps in 20 mins'); and it worked for my style of play, i.e., running about, harvesting as I go.

Using my normal Loki Prime build, and, continuing with this method, I soon got my eye in re the little wisps, and, eventually, by sticking to just these routes - barring the odd distraction here and there, I was able to slowly build a collection; now, I get 2 or more per each 5-min run (+/-); I have found them during day / night, not much of a difference; also, I have found 2x wisps on the same pond on more than one occasion, and, even some wisps at slightly elevated positions, i.e., above shoulder/head height, which I just caught out of the corner of my eye as I was sailing by at harvesting speed down below - a quick leap and swipe of my zaw, and job done!

Now, I just do these runs all the time, and, throw in a bit of fishing/mining to round it off. I farm the fish to get the rep to upgrade the standing to buy the better mining gear to get the rarer gems, and, to get the better bait for more rare fish. Now, I've got all the bait BPs required. I've got Quills to level 2...not sure If am going to bother with level 3 - there does not seem to be much point for such a[n unnecessary - imho) grind; that said, now all I need are some Eidolon Shards to advance to Adherent level, which, is a real drag...if I want to guild the amps...to build a better amp...etc...etc...  Well, you know how that one goes...on with the grind...

Solo runs on PoE are more fun than I thought, once I got over the complexity and confusion of the super-grind mechanics; when I get the urge, I join a team and do some bounties - that's fun too, and is the only way to get bounties done...one needs to be part of a team. As a solo Tenno, it's not really my cup of tea; but, I do enjoy it now and then. That's it, end of report. Just my 2 cents...YMMV. Cheers!

On 2017-10-17 at 11:39 AM, CeePee said:

Hello! First of all, getting max loot radar is the most important thing since Wisps show up on the minimap. You'll need maxed out Loot Radar aura, Thief's Wit and Animal Instinct for your sentinel/companion.

Next up, pick a fast frame of your choosing to run the route quickly. I suggest using a Nova with maxed Power Efficiency and Range so you can skip over lakes and portal directly into Wisp spawn locations.

Time of day also directly impacts the spawn rate of Cetus Wisps. From my testing in this route you get 1-3 Wisps per day and 3-7 Wisps per night and double that with boosters.

To loot the Wisps, simply walk over them. They will run from you in about 5 seconds if you don't loot them immediately, so don't wait around for too long. Try to memorize the Wisp spawn locations so you can use the minimap to spot them and skip looking if there's nothing around.

Here is the full route with all 30 Wisp spawn locations along it. There are more Wisp spawn locations around the ponds and lakes in plains but this is my preferred route:

sxbRaiK.jpg

If you prefer the farming route as video instead, here's the route I'm using with Nova, the run takes 2-3 minutes to complete:

Hide contents

What the actual S#&$ is this can you make it slower? we dont give a #*!% h as to how fast you  do it. helps alot but please dont make it fast its just un needed 

Edited by LiferViewYT

7 hours ago, LiferViewYT said:

What the actual S#&$ is this can you make it slower? we dont give a #*!% h as to how fast you  do it. helps alot but please dont make it fast its just un needed 

It's a showcase for people saying farming Wisps takes too long - the answer is that it doesn't. With practice you can zoom around the plains and get your needed Wisps very quickly.

• Like 1

Even if I’m still not getting loads of wisps, the Nova gameplay alone was worth the try. I maxed the range and was crossing 140m, on some instances getting to the next lake just by facing it in the minimap. 

It doesn’t look as graceful as the demo bc I’m clunky with the frame, & mine has only thief’s wit + animal instinct, but it’s a nice setup nonetheless. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this! It's a useful guide and I feel like I've made a dumb move attempting to go for the 3-2-3 amp which requires 55 Wisps XD (I have 6 so far) 

Also, can I have some tips on how to exactly catch a Wisp? Do you just approach them and touch them or is there some complicated process?

18 hours ago, (XB1)YumieTM said:

Thanks for this! It's a useful guide and I feel like I've made a dumb move attempting to go for the 3-2-3 amp which requires 55 Wisps XD (I have 6 so far) 

Also, can I have some tips on how to exactly catch a Wisp? Do you just approach them and touch them or is there some complicated process?

See my post above. All you need to do is once you've spotted one, wallop it with your melee weapon. I use Orthos Prime or a Zaw with long reach. I have done it with daggers / swords, but, it's a bit of a pain, and they are easily missed. Once you've spotted one, go at it. If it rises (vertically), just jump up and wallop it. Job done. Keep runs short. Stick to a smaller, more manageable route (see my post). Rinse and repeat. You'll soon build-up a healthy supply of wisps. 

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this guide. Excellent map makes it very easy to understand. Much faster than using operation standing for wisps. I shall now be able to swim in a Scrooge McDuck style pile of forma instead :).

On 2018-09-09 at 12:26 PM, (PS4)PandaPapa146 said:

See my post above. All you need to do is once you've spotted one, wallop it with your melee weapon. I use Orthos Prime or a Zaw with long reach. I have done it with daggers / swords, but, it's a bit of a pain, and they are easily missed. Once you've spotted one, go at it. If it rises (vertically), just jump up and wallop it. Job done. Keep runs short. Stick to a smaller, more manageable route (see my post). Rinse and repeat. You'll soon build-up a healthy supply of wisps. 

Cheers!

I did not know this hopefully this will stop me accidentally running into the water and losing my energy!

On 2018-08-14 at 1:41 AM, (PS4)PandaPapa146 said:

I've got Quills to level 2...not sure If am going to bother with level 3 - there does not seem to be much point for such a[n unnecessary - imho) grind; that said, now all I need are some Eidolon Shards to advance to Adherent level, which, is a real drag...if I want to guild the amps...to build a better amp...etc...etc...  Well, you know how that one goes...on with the grind...

If you farm eidolons you'll quickly have more Quill's standing than you will ever bother to bank.

Edited by fallinimbus

• 4 weeks later...

This is the route I follow and I always use archwing and always at night.... rarely ever need to disengage, and now that AW is infinite, even better. I typically stay about 30 feet in the air and watch my minimap.... I also use a sniper rifle like Rubico so I can zoom in on the area the loot shows up to verify exactly where the lil' guy is. Then I get into position and drop right down on top of him... and even if he starts to float upward you can catch him. As soon as you run the route go back to Cetus and go right back out to have them respawn.

• 1 month later...
On 2017-10-17 at 3:39 AM, CeePee said:

Here is the full route with all 30 Wisp spawn locations along it. There are more Wisp spawn locations around the ponds and lakes in plains but this is my preferred route:

sxbRaiK.jpg

The image doesn't show up as a complete link, just a "randotext.jpg" name.  So whatever map you're trying to share isn't visible, at least for me.

On 2018-12-01 at 12:27 AM, EmberStar said:

The image doesn't show up as a complete link, just a "randotext.jpg" name.  So whatever map you're trying to share isn't visible, at least for me.

Yeah imgur is being weird and breaking their direct image links, you need to open it in a tab and press enter on the url, even F5 didn't work. Added the album link in case it breaks again.