Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The grineer gunships are too strong, remove the hitscan

Genoscythe

I'm talking about the tusk bolkor, I think they are incredibly overpowered and make defense missions - or roaming the plains in general - too hard.

They have a hitscan autoturret that eats through your shields, armor and 800 energy even with quick thinking in less than a second (mostly before the stagger even ends). The problem is that they have a hitscan cannon you can't even really evade before you see it. Most of the time I ended up dead before even noticing it. I propose to change the projectiles to the non-hitscan grineer Dargyn variant to make it a fair fight.

18 minutes ago, SilverRook said:

hit the weak spots, they go down like a sack of potatoes when you do. engines i believe, still requires some testing but thats my hunch.also shoot the turrets off.

This is not the point, the issue is that the turret is overpowered, you can't hit it fast enough because you're instantly dead once it starts shooting and you haven't seen it when it spawned. They don't go down like a potato sack, I run a sicarus prime with a 300% multishot, 400% damage build with crit and corrosive, still need quite some time to shoot a level 50-60 down if I don't run chroma or buff rhino. They literally instagib every non-heavy armor frame like rhino, nidus or inaros.

Edited by Genoscythe

4 hours ago, Kaffeebohnson said:

Maybe off topic, but PoE is very unfriendly for controller users – hitting the flying enemies is really hard, and mining is borderline impossible.

Curious how and if they will tweak this for the console release...

Wasnt Rebecca using controller in all of her plains gameplay?

Edited by (PS4)RenovaKunumaru

4 hours ago, Kaffeebohnson said:

Maybe off topic, but PoE is very unfriendly for controller users – hitting the flying enemies is really hard, and mining is borderline impossible.

Curious how and if they will tweak this for the console release...

I use a controller just fine for most of the content, but using the operator is tricky for me. I need a toggle for void mode

5 hours ago, Genoscythe said:

They have a hitscan autoturret

If you stay mobile, it doesn't hit you. If you stand behind anything, it doesn't hit you.

What it needs is a visible weak spot that makes it retreat. Currently, I'm having to strip all it's armor with a status shotgun to force it to flee.

6 minutes ago, Archistopheles said:

If you stay mobile, it doesn't hit you. If you stand behind anything, it doesn't hit you.

What it needs is a visible weak spot that makes it retreat. Currently, I'm having to strip all it's armor with a status shotgun to force it to flee.

It hits while sliding, bullet jumping, going fast with volt, evading. I have a completely different experience from yours. Also again, if it get's the first strike you're done.

Edited by Genoscythe

I keep hearing people say that they have trouble with the Bolkor, but I somehow don't experience the same issue. Sometimes I even stand still to shoot off the turret. Than again, I haven't brought any of the more squishy frames into the plains yet.

In my experience, they are only really dangerous when they are close by, high level and you have a rather squishy fame, but past about a hundred meters the guns spread seam to make it miss a lot.

My biggest issue with them is if you disable the turret, for some reason when it starts going back, or starts dropping troops, the turret turns back on for a few seconds.

I don't want to say that people experiencing it are wrong, I just... don't seem to experience the same thing.

it needs to not scale like normal enemies, normal roaming ships blow up too easily, and final bounty ships are ridiculous, especially if u dont have hit-scan guns! plus getting rid of them can be a huge time waster during timed missions, and not killing them is not a good option considering the dmg they deal with their turret and carpet-bombing

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ContagionVirusX said:

Play Vex Armor Croma.

Your Welcome.

not a solution

6 hours ago, Viges said:

Something can actually kill you in this game? NO way, nerf ASAP.

Or how about we just dont make things that are near impossible to hit without hitscan weapons that do the same damage as a level 100 heavy gunner.

Think I've experienced the same thing. Just going kaboom, straight to the Revive Screen.

I was using Ice Chroma when I experienced this doing bounties. Assumed it was from Mortar fire, but on later runs on the Plains, I went against one, with no other enemies around, and it is still pretty brutal in the wide open, luckily Volt's shield helped.

With that said, it can still kick like a mule, if we could see the rounds coming or have some means to deal with it.

So having it as a projectile weapon could be an option, otherwise maybe look to increase its spread and reduce accuracy with a Tracer similar to Snipers could be another idea to consider, maybe even have it charge up its weapon with an audible charge phase to be able to react in time when it does begin to fire.

And last thing, this should be in PoE Feedback right?

Assuming it's the gunship I think you're referring to then yes, it needs a huge accuracy or travel time nerf for its shots.  I can be all out sliding, bullet jumping, dodging left/right/wherever and the dang thing still can nail me with near 100% accuracy.  I thought that the whole point of our fancy parkour stuff was that enemies were supposed to have a harder time hitting us while moving?  It's absolutely a nightmare on the higher lvl plains missions.  Only reason I survive as well as I do is Trinity's Link but once that is down it is absolutely absurd how quick my shields and hp can start dropping even on lower lvl missions.  Also, no, shooting it down is not viable on higher lvl missions for multiple reasons.

1.  They have a ton of hp or armor on higher lvl missions.

2.  When they are a problem I usually have other things to deal with like the ridiculous amount of enemies trying to destroy a console I'm protecting.

3.  Tying a bit into the above point sometimes there can be so many explosions of drop pods landing, mortar hits, and other random crap on screen that I can barely tell what way is up, let alone have time to actually look around and find an air target in the middle of all that chaos.  This also can make precision aiming at something like the turret itself near impossible as well.

4.  Not helping this at all is that a lot of the enemies on the plains can also cause knockdown in some form.

41 minutes ago, Ralsk said:

Assuming it's the gunship I think you're referring to then yes, it needs a huge accuracy or travel time nerf for its shots.  I can be all out sliding, bullet jumping, dodging left/right/wherever and the dang thing still can nail me with near 100% accuracy.  I thought that the whole point of our fancy parkour stuff was that enemies were supposed to have a harder time hitting us while moving?  It's absolutely a nightmare on the higher lvl plains missions.  Only reason I survive as well as I do is Trinity's Link but once that is down it is absolutely absurd how quick my shields and hp can start dropping even on lower lvl missions.  Also, no, shooting it down is not viable on higher lvl missions for multiple reasons.

2.  When they are a problem I usually have other things to deal with like the ridiculous amount of enemies trying to destroy a console I'm protecting.

3.  Tying a bit into the above point sometimes there can be so many explosions of drop pods landing, mortar hits, and other random crap on screen that I can barely tell what way is up, let alone have time to actually look around and find an air target in the middle of all that chaos.  This also can make precision aiming at something like the turret itself near impossible as well.

4.  Not helping this at all is that a lot of the enemies on the plains can also cause knockdown in some form.

6 hours ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Think I've experienced the same thing. Just going kaboom, straight to the Revive Screen.

I was using Ice Chroma when I experienced this doing bounties. Assumed it was from Mortar fire, but on later runs on the Plains, I went against one, with no other enemies around, and it is still pretty brutal in the wide open, luckily Volt's shield helped.

With that said, it can still kick like a mule, if we could see the rounds coming or have some means to deal with it.

So having it as a projectile weapon could be an option, otherwise maybe look to increase its spread and reduce accuracy with a Tracer similar to Snipers could be another idea to consider, maybe even have it charge up its weapon with an audible charge phase to be able to react in time when it does begin to fire.

And last thing, this should be in PoE Feedback right?

Yeah, giving them a laser marker like the ballistas, a wind-up that you can hear and/or travel time would make it a lot fairer. Right now they just punish you for not being invisible or heavily armored, it's a challenge but not a fair one. I find it cool too see that the grineer actually use heavy gear to take us down now, but I simply wish it would nto always end in hitscan bullet hoses. The rampart is kinda the same thing on higher levels, but far less dangerous cause many abilities can diable it or kill the gunner. The bolkor isn't even affected by 90% of all abilities.

5 hours ago, Ralsk said:

23 hours ago, TKDancer said:

it needs to not scale like normal enemies, normal roaming ships blow up too easily, and final bounty ships are ridiculous, especially if u dont have hit-scan guns! plus getting rid of them can be a huge time waster during timed missions, and not killing them is not a good option considering the dmg they deal with their turret and carpet-bombing

not a solution

Nova works too.

Why do people have such a hard time understanding something if its not their personal experience? If the gun is indeed a one shot hitscan with decent damage no one is denying...which i wouldnt know if it is or not, but i know what hitscan is....then wouldnt that make this gun on this supposed ship like a worse version of ballistas before the red dot laser was added? So...what is there to not understand?

Well I am not OP and to be honest Tusk Bolkor is not my biggest issue in PoE enemy design (Tusk Ogma on the other side is BS).

The issues start when it is not alone (which is usually the case), there is a finite directions and resources I can spend in order to kill an enemy cluster, and when Bolkor shows up with back up from 3 more sides... Well hope you like running.