Genoscythe

The grineer gunships are too strong, remove the hitscan

3 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

Well I am not OP and to be honest Tusk Bolkor is not my biggest issue in PoE enemy design (Tusk Ogma on the other side is BS).

The issues start when it is not alone (which is usually the case), there is a finite directions and resources I can spend in order to kill an enemy cluster, and when Bolkor shows up with back up from 3 more sides... Well hope you like running.

then theres the situations where running causes u to fail a bounty/incursion

my personal pet Peeve with these is when they show up on capture the outpost/defend the armored container parts of bounties, where you have ships coming in all the time so you don't even realize it's there until your health bar vanishes, it needs some sort of distinct indicator, like a different engine sound, that one has arrived

This problem still exist. It won't be so big deal for people who are not playing squishy frames and are not playing solo too much but the truth is that for many people it's hard to evade even just 1 aggressive gunship (you can't just jump and slide - you need to do this like crazy in random directions and roll to reduce damage) and sometimes you have more than 1 ship that shoot at you at the same time for a long time even if you play solo, and it may happen when you need to protect spot without any cover (and it's hard to find good cover when they shoot at you from multiple directions anyway)! So... Sometimes, but only sometimes (not on every run) it's not just hard - it's really hard for solo players... When this is happening for squad you just see reviving more often.

Ship turrets are super small, they really have a lot of health and you can't aim properly because you gonna be dead in 1 sec if you won't focus on evasion like insane (if you try to use aim mode when jumping you are dead almost instantly because it slows you down). If multiple turrets shoot at you then you gonna loose health fast even if you gonna be crazy as possible with evading (it won't be instant but fast - you will survive 3-6 sec in standard situation).

So what you can try to do to improve survivability?

Well... QuickThinking may help but then you need good energy pool (mod Flow), and mod Rage or Hunter Adrenaline or it won't be efficient at all in this situation. It doesn't make much sense to spend 3 slots for some hardcore situation that happens from time to time and this will drain your energy. You can also use Aviator mod but it's just another wasted slot because there is better solution...

Unfortunately the only logical solution I know makes gameplay more boring. If you have CC warframe then use CC and then go to operator mode and simply try to stay in void mode as much as possible, if you have Magus Elevate or Magus Nourish arcane then it will help additionally but in bad situation instead of arcanes you can also use some health restore from equipment or for example Furis with Winds of Purity mod. Zenurik Void Flow will give you more energy and Void Siphon energy regeneration for operator and it doesn't have to be maxed out or something (it just helps). It depends on your build and chosen warframe but sometimes you might be forced to use void dash to safely push out enemies from the spot you are protecting (the better CC warframe the less work operator gonna have).

What can be done? (from best solution to worst)

1. Slower projectile speed (so it force you more to jump, slide etc. - not to go in to void mode)
  2. OR/AND turrets easier to destroy (less health, bigger hitbox)
  3. OR/AND no more than 1 firing gunship for solo players
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DEATHLORE said:

. It won't be so big deal for people who are not playing squishy frames

I play only squishy frames on the plains solo and have no issue with the ships.  

• Keep your eyes peeled for them and keep listening for ships when they spawn
  • They are high priority targets - address them quickly
  • Bring weapons that work well against them - limited range shotguns like the plasmor, slow projectile weapons like Euphona etc, are just going to annoy you.  I'm partial to the BFG, but sniper rifles etc work well on the turrets
  • On low level bounties, they are squishy. On higher level bounties there should be a challenge.

The only thing I really want to see changed with the ships is to make them more rewarding to shoot down - Count toward eliminating enemies for exterm/draw out assasination/increasing control level of liberate camp etc.

They are supposed to be challenging... lets leave what little challenge this game has alone.

• Upvote 1

It's not the problem to survive if you know the method I already explained - the problem is that it makes gameply less fun because it focuses on constant hiding... Thanks to void mode you can have any build and any gun and you won't lose in worst situation...

I already explained that you can create specific build (I haven't mentioned more obvious stuff like weapons and popular mods but message should be clear), and I explained why It doesn't make sense from my perspective... Why? Because there is other method and It's a rare situation - it can happen only 1 time per 3 whole high lvl bounties when I'm forced to use method I explained so why my build should focus on this rare situation? For someone who have constant problems with gunships or for someone who just loves such builds anyway it probably make more sense but not for anyone else... I'm also talking about situation without auto-aiming.

It's truth that addressing gunships quickly helps a lot, but I'm talking about situation when it's too late... It always can happen and many people talk when they playing or they listening something in the background so for a lot of people slower response is a standard situation.

And this is why it's not so much about challenge - it's more about less boring gameplay and diversity. How a little bit slower projectiles provide less challenge? It would be more fun to avoid bullets by jumping and sliding instead of using void mode. And even if... Why DE should ignore more casual solo players and care only about casual multi-players? Why this "challenge" should be only for solo players? Is it good if someone feels forced to use Limbo on Plains constantly because of one small thing? In theory the best situation is when game is balanced same way for solo players but I like when it's harder but doable for solo players... The thing is that even with this view I will never agree that "harder" should be in the cost of fun for a lot of players.