Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[DE]: How About Weighted RNG?

Tizodd

I understand RNG is an excepted business practice to keep players coming back (you don't want us to get everything we want too fast), but can we at least have some form of weighted RNG to make the grind more bearable?

I've run 20+ bounties and still haven't received one Gara part.  I've received a bunch of 2k credit caches, but the problem is...I'm MR24 and have more credits than I know what to do with.  Credit caches, regardless of the amount, are all but useless to me and a lot of other players.  I recently got Steel Fiber as a reward...that honestly feels like a slap in the face, and most definitely a waste of time.

So what I'm asking is this: can we be given three random rewards to choose from, from the bounty reward pool?  That way, we're still dealing with RNG, but there's more of a chance we'll get what we need instead of spending 10-15 minutes to get a useless reward.

Also kind of off-topic, but it would be nice if the dynamic missions that spawn after completing a Bounty, pulled from the Bounty reward pool.  That way, we could just stay outside and keep farming for what we're looking for instead of having to return to Cetus each time to get a new Bounty.

They missed a great opportunity to put the token exchange system that people asked for sorties. Each bounty tier rewarded different ammounts and you could change the rewards you wanted. No, just more RNG. I got a Gara part in my very first bounty and that's all.

12 minutes ago, Daiwulf said:

They missed a great opportunity to put the token exchange system that people asked for sorties. Each bounty tier rewarded different ammounts and you could change the rewards you wanted. No, just more RNG. I got a Gara part in my very first bounty and that's all.

Or... just put all the rewards in the "offering" tab and give us more standing from the bounties.

No need to add tokens

Well no, you can't have any of that. What you're asking is basically the ability to earn Gara faster because you find the current system frustrating. But that's the whole point. The reason why it's random and why it takes so long is to frustrate you into just buying her with real money. That's free-to-play for you, such is the nature of the beast.

Edited by SordidDreams

I'd say trash rewards should be completely removed. 5k cache for 10-15 mins bounty? Really? Even new players don't need that. I can tolerate decent amount of kuva/traces as rewards for 3+ level bounties, but not credits, mutagen mass, common mods, ayatan stars and so on.

DE completely loosing the point of "rewarding grind", they just make "grindy grind" which is annoying.

16 minutes ago, DonHotkey said:

I'd say trash rewards should be completely removed. 5k cache for 10-15 mins bounty? Really? Even new players don't need that. I can tolerate decent amount of kuva/traces as rewards for 3+ level bounties, but not credits, mutagen mass, common mods, ayatan stars and so on.

DE completely loosing the point of "rewarding grind", they just make "grindy grind" which is annoying.

You'd think that after years of complaints about the size of credit cache rewards, they'd stop adding fuel to that fire.

1 minute ago, Sennera said:

You'd think that after years of complaints about the size of credit cache rewards, they'd stop adding fuel to that fire.

Don't you think that there's big difference between receiving credits for 1 round of survival (5 mins) and for 15-20 minutes bounty?

I have said it in other topics, and I will say it again.

This system does not benefit anyone, but when it comes down to time vs investment, the new players - that are the supposed reason for many details of PoE grind - benefit even less than older players.

PoE does not allow for good credit, resource, affinity, mod or gear farm. I get annoyed by a credit cache or a Vitality mod. New players feel like they have wasted time, they could have allocated to a better purpose within Warframe.

2 hours ago, Daiwulf said:

Bounty rewards should be 3 things:

Credit payout (your mission pay)

Rep

Tokens

Tokens accumulated over time let you buy Rivens, Gara parts, lenses, etc. And PoE and Worries could use the same tokens.

No reason NOT to do this. It still requires grind and time spent. But it lets players work toward goals, too.

9 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Bounty rewards should be 3 things:

Credit payout (your mission pay)

Rep

Tokens

Tokens accumulated over time let you buy Rivens, Gara parts, lenses, etc. And PoE and Worries could use the same tokens.

No reason NOT to do this. It still requires grind and time spent. But it lets players work toward goals, too.

Keep fighting the good fight BlackCoMerc lol.  Unfortunately, I don't think [DE] will ever introduce a straight-forward system like that.  Aside from syndicate rep, RNG seems to be the only tool in [DE]'s toolbox.  I'll keep crossing my fingers that they introduce a token system at some point (for sorties too)...but I won't be holding my breath.