Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator damage, from a lore standpoint.

-CM-NineFingers

If we follow the lore, we can see that warframes were created to harness the incontrolable energy of the tenno. They were designed to sustain massive damage and contain incredible amounts of energy.

Now we get to the plains. We get Amps, to focus that unrelenting force into a well focused beam. and what does that mean in terms of raw power output? The operators, those VOID DEMONS THAT SCARED THE S#&$ OUTTA THE MIGHTY OROKIN EMPIRE, PRODUCE ENOUGH ENERGY TO LIGHTLY TOAST A SLICE OF BREAD, OR MAYBE KILL A SMALL RODENT. Seriously. Limit the time we can stand in operator mode, and make them powerful as the lore implies them to be. Give void damage the ability to bypass shields and armor, deal finisher damage, or at least deal massive damage to sentients. What do I mean? I mean tenno should be able to mop the floor with anything they face, easily, but should not be able to withstand using it for a long time. 

I'm talking x50-x100 damage against sentients, or remove their ability to develop immunities/heal on all fronts. Also, buff the overall damage against all factions.

I like the operators. I like how fluid they are and how useful they can become in certain situations. But they are not the legendary demons everyone speaks about in the lore.

When I look at an operator, I don't see a legendary warrior. I see a small, frail child, unable to fight back without his warframe, the REAL, POWERFUL DEMONS.

What I want to see, what lore demands we see, is a small, frail child... unable to fully harness the raw force coming out of them without channeling it through a Warframe. Extremely powerful offensive capability, covered by their understanding (if not raw ability) of stealth... next to no physical defence. I can see what DE was trying to do, but in terms of offensive output, they are indeed disappointing. Remember the damage numbers for the old Madurai transferrence blast? The void beam should be something like that when focused... absolutely ridiculous output, no staying power.

13 minutes ago, WolvenEdge said:

What I want to see, what lore demands we see, is a small, frail child... unable to fully harness the raw force coming out of them without channeling it through a Warframe. Extremely powerful offensive capability, covered by their understanding (if not raw ability) of stealth... next to no physical defence. I can see what DE was trying to do, but in terms of offensive output, they are indeed disappointing. Remember the damage numbers for the old Madurai transferrence blast? The void beam should be something like that when focused... absolutely ridiculous output, no staying power.

That's the deal. No staying in operator for indefinite amounts of time, just burst of &#!-clenching power that destroy anything on its path.

There is just a little bit of lore that would allow the Operators the ability to maintain themselves a bit... the Schools. They developed and studied techniques that aid them in harnessing their own power.

It should still be a lot more powerful, but a bit of self-damage might actually be called for in this case, so you have a bit more of a hard and fast limit. This would make study of the Vazarin and/or Unairu schools almost essential if you wanted to have any long-term fun on the field yourself.

Personally, I've been working on ways to incorporate Operator abilities into my fighting style. As a Naramon spec, this will eventually allow me, using an Ash, to disarm and disorient my enemies when I normally wouldn't be able to, and have even more ability to open enemies up to finishers. Would like to have some straight-up blasting power too, round the kit out further.

Edited by WolvenEdge