Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo needs another rework

lulialmir

yeah, even after the rework, limbo still pretty useless and the first place troll warframe,  his one is kinda nice, but to kill enemies and not be killed its basically impossible, if you don't have pretty close enemies to use rift surge, if there are no enemies around around the one you are killing inside the rift, limbo will need to quit rift, have a chance fairly high chance of getting insta killed by strong enemies, bring one enemie in the rift, and have another chance of enemies leaving the are he needs to trigger the rift surge, and this is horrible, because in the end, you'll need like 5-10 minutes to kill like high level enemies without getting killed, at the past i was a real fan of limbo, i loved his idea of dimensional traveling, but now, he is litteraly unplaybale, i needed like 20 minutes to more to kill 100+ enemies in oxomoco in void, using its abilities... so another rework on limbo, would be a good one, and try to make him usefull next time... (or atleast playable with his abilities)

I'm sorry, but that is just untrue. You just obviously do not know how to play Limbo. Limbo has the best Crowd Control in the entire game. He can negate damage, become invincible, stop all time, and recover a good amount of energy. His passive is pretty much free unlimited energy regeneration. What build were you using? And what weapons?

Now just because you do not know how to use a Warframe (and a fairly basic one at that), please do not say they "need another rework".

Just now, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

I'm sorry, but that is just untrue. You just obviously do not know how to play Limbo. Limbo has the best Crowd Control in the entire game. He can negate damage, become invincible, stop all time, and recover a good amount of energy. His passive is pretty much free unlimited energy regeneration. What build were you using? And what weapons?

Now just because you do not know how to use a Warframe (and a fairly basic one at that), please do not say they "need another rework".

yes i know, his cc is amazing and can become invincible,stop the time, and etc (even because that is his passive, dash to the rift) but im talking especially to his capability of killing enemies, (not considering cataclysm, because that is just ridiculous) that he had in the previous update.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

It's not very ''basic'', that's why so many players hate him in the first place. The game doesn't explain his Rift mechanics leaving players clueless as to what's happening when they are playing with a Limbo in their squad. And in general out of all the Warframes he has the most complex mechanics and, let's say skill ceiling to be used the most effectively.

I mean after seeing someone like LifeOfRio not knowing how to use him correctly and saying he isn't much better than before tells you something.

And it is frustrating to see because all of the ''problems'' when playing with a Limbo could easily be avoided if people just knew how his mechanics work.

11 minutes ago, lulialmir said:

yes i know, his cc is amazing and can become invincible,stop the time, and etc (even because that is his passive, dash to the rift) but im talking especially to his capability of killing enemies, (not considering cataclysm, because that is just ridiculous) that he had in the previous update.

He is perfectly capable of killing enemies, just not with his abilities. That is not what he's meant for now.

7 minutes ago, ChameleonBro said:

It's not very ''basic'', that's why so many players hate him in the first place. The game doesn't explain his Rift mechanics leaving players clueless as to what's happening when they are playing with a Limbo in their squad. And in general out of all the Warframes he has the most complex mechanics and, let's say skill ceiling to be used the most effectively.

I mean after seeing someone like LifeOfRio not knowing how to use him correctly and saying he isn't much better than before tells you something.

And it is frustrating to see because all of the ''problems'' when playing with a Limbo could easily be avoided if people just knew how his mechanics work.

What are these mechanics that are unexplained?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

He is perfectly capable of killing enemies, just not with his abilities. That is not what he's meant for now.

i know, his ABILITIES weren't supposed to kill, yeah i know this, but they were supposed to cc enemies and paralizes them, but just cataclsym with stasis do this well, his banish and rift surge, that are abilities that weren't supposed to be stationary like cataclysm, they were supposed for you to use while walking,and killing enemies with your gun/melee weapon, but they don't help us as they were supposed to, like, we were supposed to use them to kill enemies (use them to "cc" them and kill with our guns/melee), with the least chance possible of being killed, but they just don't do that well, as they are complex to understand and use correctly, and even if you understand how to use them, they don't help much as they are supposed to.

Edited by lulialmir

Just now, lulialmir said:

i know, his ABILITIES weren't supposed to kill, yeah i know this, but they were supposed to cc enemies and paralizes them, but just cataclsym with stasis do this well, his banish and rift surge, that are abilities that weren't supposed to be stationary like cataclysm, they were supposed for you to use while walking,and killing enemies with your gun/melee weapon, but they don't help us as they were supposed to, like, we were supposed to use them to kill enemies, with the least chance possible of being killed, but they just don't do that well, as they are complex to understand and use correctly, and even if you understand how to use them, they don't help much as they are supposed to.

Wot M8, lol? Limbo's abilities function fine.

Just now, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Wot M8, lol? Limbo's abilities function fine.

yeah, they do, but are not as usefull as cataclysm with stasis,and as far as i know, abilities were made to use,all abilities, were made to use frequently, not to be in a level of "situational" that makes them basically useless

Didn't fit with my play style and i've run out of slots at the moment, so i binned him. don't care was a pain to level 

glad to see the back of him. oh yeh and the quest to get him was a ball ache too..... good riddance.

Edited by SilverRook

I think the descriptions for his abilities are pretty straightforward. He does take a small amount of time to figure out because he is different, but pretty basic none the less. As for killing enemies, I haven't had any issue what so ever, and it definitely doesn't take me long at all. It's really all about understanding and utilizing his abilities correctly.

This should help.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Limbo/Abilities

P.S. Please do not think I am disregarding your thoughts and opinions because I'm not. I am just trying to give my thoughts and also help you out. I hope you find how to play Limbo to your style, because he is really fun/great.

Edited by YouPsycho

2 minutes ago, YouPsycho said:

I think the descriptions for his abilities are pretty straightforward. He does take a small amount of time to figure out because he is different, but pretty basic none the less. As for killing enemies, I haven't had any issue what so ever, and it definitely doesn't take me long at all. It's really all about understanding and utilizing his abilities correctly.

This should help.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Limbo/Abilities

i haven't said you can't kill enemies, you can, but, its so slow, that i don't even wan't to start the mission, because i know that i'll take forever to do that

and i don't think im the only one thinking like that...

Edited by lulialmir

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

It doesn't take that long. As I said, what weapons are you using? And what is your build?

first of all, i use stasis, so... no firing weapons, i use a mios with a crit build (still need some mods to finish my status one) AND i use a limbo with avareage strenght, high efficiency, 160% range and 118% duration, this is a build more focused on trying to use banish with rift surge and stasis , for being at rift, getting enemies at the rift without needing to quit it and stasis'ing them,as limbo doesn't have damage focused abilities,basically a build around built around rift surge with banish, but the only synergy i can see that really works in limbo is cataclysm and stasis, and DE nowadays is trying to make warframes that have its abilities to synergise,and limbo, doesn't do this very well

2 hours ago, lulialmir said:

yeah, even after the rework, limbo still pretty useless and the first place troll warframe,  his one is kinda nice, but to kill enemies and not be killed its basically impossible, if you don't have pretty close enemies to use rift surge, if there are no enemies around around the one you are killing inside the rift, limbo will need to quit rift, have a chance fairly high chance of getting insta killed by strong enemies, bring one enemie in the rift, and have another chance of enemies leaving the are he needs to trigger the rift surge, and this is horrible, because in the end, you'll need like 5-10 minutes to kill like high level enemies without getting killed, at the past i was a real fan of limbo, i loved his idea of dimensional traveling, but now, he is litteraly unplaybale, i needed like 20 minutes to more to kill 100+ enemies in oxomoco in void, using its abilities... so another rework on limbo, would be a good one, and try to make him usefull next time... (or atleast playable with his abilities)

He is with ash my favourite survical grinner warframe,i eould reqork the way negators afect his 4th skill,they should not remove it,just be inmune to it

limbo does NOT need a rework at all

he could use minor tweaks mostly to prevent grieving other players and some changes to make stasis+the rift more consistent(enemies hitting limbo while they are in different planes)... maybe add some more utility to his abilities beyond stasis to paralyze enemies in the rift(like armor removal or some other debuff since we are shredding people across dimensions(

11 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

limbo does NOT need a rework at all

he could use minor tweaks mostly to prevent grieving other players and some changes to make stasis+the rift more consistent(enemies hitting limbo while they are in different planes)... maybe add some more utility to his abilities beyond stasis to paralyze enemies in the rift(like armor removal or some other debuff since we are shredding people across dimensions(

yeah, maybe this would work too

Honestly I understand that limbo isn't bad, is very strong cc wise. But I absolutely hate having limbo in my squads.

They make everything so much harder and annoying IMO. Whether that's because players don't know how to play him, or his cc is good but annoying I don't know. Something does need to be done with limbo though, not so much as another rework but tweaks or even a better description on his abilitys. I do think the fact that he can freeze his teammates bullets is pretty stupid though. CC Or not thats just annoying. Period. You're only going to need that CC when you cant kill enemy fast enough ie level 100 gunners. Which is almost never for MR14+

I didn't like *playing* limbo before but didn't mind him in squad. Since rework I despise him.

12 hours ago, lulialmir said:

haven't said you can't kill enemies, you can, but, its so slow, that i don't even wan't to start the mission, because i know that i'll take forever to do that

and i don't think im the only one thinking like that.

Use rift torrent? Limbo is one of the hardest hitting frames in the game with that augment and its power is tied to his 3.

20 minutes to kill an oxomoco mob? No way even at 168% modifier on a negative strength limbo o can kill level 140 c . h bombards with ease.

Only thing i want from limbo is for them to remove stasis and instead apply a mass slow like equinox but also a huge damage reduction at the cost of it being a channeled power.

Time stop that has draw backs  is not and will never BE a good idea because it assumes everyone will play along which they've proven long before limbo rework that this isnt possible.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

17 hours ago, lulialmir said:

first of all, i use stasis, so... no firing weapons, i use a mios with a crit build (still need some mods to finish my status one) AND i use a limbo with avareage strenght, high efficiency, 160% range and 118% duration, this is a build more focused on trying to use banish with rift surge and stasis , for being at rift, getting enemies at the rift without needing to quit it and stasis'ing them,as limbo doesn't have damage focused abilities,basically a build around built around rift surge with banish, but the only synergy i can see that really works in limbo is cataclysm and stasis, and DE nowadays is trying to make warframes that have its abilities to synergise,and limbo, doesn't do this very well

That's your problem, you seem fairly new and slow and killing enemies. You rely too much on your abilities and not the movement or weapons of the Frame. Banish is not a move to optimally Banish to the other side of the Rift, it's more of a panic button for when individual enemies almost kill you. Cataclysm is how you Banish. Kill enemies with the augment (Cataclysmic Continuum) while using Rift Surge and Limbo is unstoppable. Limbo synergizes so well, but you have no understanding of him. You must not be the type of player and are more for damage.

To say that Limbo is useless just suggests that you don't know how to play him. He's extremely powerful. 

If you were say he's not team friendly, and can be detrimental to the team if not careful then I would agree. Rift interactions in general and Statis should be adjusted to improve that.

When I describe Frames to my friends I do it as either "Power Frames" or "Weapon Frames" often times to explain what their kit supports, not just their playstyle. In Limbo's case, I would describe him as a "Weapon Frame" because his powers set up the battlefield flawlessly with this control but depends on his weapon capabilities (ranged and melee in his case) to kill in a lot of cases. Yes, you can still Cata-bomb in the right circumstances but that is not an effective method anymore typically and he should not be modded to fit that goal.