Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host migration is back

S.Dust

For a long time while playing this game i had a host migration problem i could not play the game without being the host. During the summer this problem went away and from my knowledge nothing on my end changed at all, after a while it came back and that sucked so i played around with stuff and tried turning my firewall off and then for a while that made it easier for me to connect to people and i would get migrated alot less. After changing nothing i suddenly am having the host migration problem all over again and with plains out now that just makes the game a pain to play since i cant join groups for terralyst or cant join groups to farm relics or xp  so the game is kind of a pain to play. Does anyone else have this problem if so how did you fix it? I will acknowledge the whole turn Dx 10 and 11 off thing but when i do that the games resolution is changed and cant be changed back and when i originally stopped getting host migrated i never had to do that.

What do you mean by not being able to play? Too much latency? If so then it's not a bug as game detects a problem with your connection and finds a better host so that the other 3 players can have a playable experience instead of just you.

In any case it doesn't sound like a problem DE can fix but instead something you need to talk to your internet provider about. Maybe you could do a trace route to DE's servers to see if there's a bottleneck.

3 hours ago, Golmihr said:

What do you mean by not being able to play? Too much latency? If so then it's not a bug as game detects a problem with your connection and finds a better host so that the other 3 players can have a playable experience instead of just you.

In any case it doesn't sound like a problem DE can fix but instead something you need to talk to your internet provider about. Maybe you could do a trace route to DE's servers to see if there's a bottleneck.

by not being able to play i mean no matter what i would get host migrated there was a point where even when i was on the same network as someone i was disconnected and i know its not my internet because i play other games just fine and because this happens even when i play at other places on a different network (it could be my computer but ive heard of other people with the problem). as far as other people connecting to me that goes fine i can play the game if im the host and so can people connected to me but when they connect to me they get kicked once if they come back it works fine. I do think this is either a game problem or a pc problem but people run the game on worse and the problem isnt even the game running badly its just how it connects me to others.

47 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

by not being able to play i mean no matter what i would get host migrated there was a point where even when i was on the same network as someone i was disconnected and i know its not my internet because i play other games just fine and because this happens even when i play at other places on a different network (it could be my computer but ive heard of other people with the problem). as far as other people connecting to me that goes fine i can play the game if im the host and so can people connected to me but when they connect to me they get kicked once if they come back it works fine. I do think this is either a game problem or a pc problem but people run the game on worse and the problem isnt even the game running badly its just how it connects me to others.

Well that's tough. In case it may help:

To me it does sound like it is your computer (laptop?) then if you tested it on a different connection. Your problem may not necessarily be Warframe related. Maybe you should check your start-up menu and your job list (ctrl+alt+del on windows) to see what else run in the back-ground. You can google anything you see there if you find something that looks odd or uses an unexpected amount of resources.  There might be some program you grabbed from the net a while back that uses the same ports Warframe does or some other conflict problem. If nothing else then Windows 10 comes with a ton of apps that you probably never use and which run in the back ground so if your system is old or is a laptop then that might even be a cause.

Edited by Golmihr