Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Grineer vs. Corpus variation mode

(PSN)N7PaladinN7

Conclave to me has always been meh. Just a game mode for some pretty neat skins and armors but nothing ever made me want to jump in to enjoy some games. Matches are usually a third person sonic game with players twirling and jumping around as fast as possible then channel slamming whatever the meta has available. So I thought, should they slow down players? Bring back stamina bars? Or how about something much more creative! Not a new game mode but rather using the available game modes and maps with the catch of replacing our warframes with player controlled faction units with their own abilities and weapons. Both factions can exclusively use their own weapons, a Grineer with karak / a Corpus with dera, and use similar abilities such as droppable shields, grenades, and consumables.

Starting with balance: both factions will have a different style for health. Grineer players would have 500 points of armor while Corpus layers will have a 300 points of shielding and 200 flesh health. Both factions have weapons designed center around their weaknesses, Corpus have puncture weapons, good against armor, and Grineer have impact weapons, good against shields. Both factions should be balanced around their weapons and counter defenses for a balanced competitive environment rather than one side being far more powerful in advantage than the other. Grineer can be quick to drop shields but need a few more shots/hits to finish off a player but, in about the same time to kill area another corpus player would.

Now how about different classes? Now just like normal conclave, every unit should be able to equip an available weapon and just like normal conclave, a different "warframe". In this instance, the faction units will have different classes just like warframes with 4 abilities. So lets think up what a basic soldier would have. Ability 1 can throw a grenade to deal a considerable amount of damage, ability 2 can deploy a shield like the Grineer blunts (we'll need to create a corpus variation too), ability 3 can give a speed buff by 50% for 5 seconds, and finally, ability 4 can apply an additional 100 points of armor /shield depending on faction. And that's just 1 of many more, we can see engineers with turrets and medics with healing sentinels.

Outside of the Grinner/Corpus player controlled units, the three game modes ( Team/annihilation and cephalon capture) will play out the same way they do now with the maps we already own. So far the maps seem like they would work without parkour 2.0 but I guess both factions do have jump packs too eyy? It's more of a "would rather play as a warframe or ingame faction".

We already have so many weapons and models for both the Grineer and Corpus to work with to help make this a fun addition for conclave. To finally be able to take part in their war outside of invasions would be so much fun (so long as it works) and can potentially see a lot more of the community participate in than abandon. Yeah I know that might be a big statement but, I have a good feeling something added in similar to this concept would draw a lot of attention.

3 hours ago, (PS4)N7PaladinN7 said:

Bring back stamina bars?

Many people keep suggesting that without realising old Conclave was faster than what the current one is.

3 hours ago, (PS4)N7PaladinN7 said:

a Grineer with karak / a Corpus with dera

You're right that Conclave isn't the most played mode but it's not completely dead either, the regular players of conclave are dedicated players. They love the game mode due to its fast paced game mode and most are PvP players from other games as well.

The general PvE community of Warframe isn't into PvP much anyway since it doesn't give a huge incentive in terms of rewards. 

This is just speculation on my part based on what i've seen in all my time in warframe, but i assume this new game mode will lack the speed which won't attract the regulars much(the dedicated players) and the number of normal PvE players playing will simply die down as it does with any new PvP game mode after release unless some new decoration is locked behind it. So the new game will basically end up being as dead as CTF.

So far the most popular variant among all players in Warframe has been the Opticor variant, that hints that the problem isn't the mobility/fast paced gameplay. Quick Steel/Christmas/Valentine event were also loved by many and there have been threads made by people who never played PvP before that praising how good they were, Again hinting that mobility isn't the problem.

Edited by .Zel