Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to progress focus when you canT technically play Plains?

Monolake

So people with technical issues are barred off from the focus progress entirely now (well besides 2 nodes) 

EDIT:  it requires Quills  that are accessible only from the Plains. This is serious downer.

Could we have some other options since Plains ramped up system requirements too much and are unplayable for some poor people. 

EDIT: I'd be fine if I could just buy Quills things from the market or players like I could buy lenses (which also only drop from the Plains now)

Edited by Monolake

11 hours ago, Monolake said:

So people with technical issues are barred off from the focus progress entirely now (well besides 2 nodes) This is serious downer.

Could we have some other options since Plains ramped up system requirements too much and are unplayable for some poor people

Only way-bound skills (2 per school) make it necessary to play in the plains, and of theses skills only the very last skill point (which takes a Brilliant Eidolon Shard and 1,000,000 affinity points to unlock) does so.

There's tons of days to fix this - unless you really hoarded enough affinity before PoE to fully unlock way-bound skills.

Sorry, as little I am a fan of the Operator, this is no reason for drama. Forgot about the Glass Frame Quest and the Quills.

Edited by Toran

12 minutes ago, Toran said:

Only way-bound skills (2 per school) make it necessary to play in the plains, and of theses skills only the very last skill point (which takes a Brilliant Eidolon Shard and 1,000,000 affinity points to unlock) does so.

There's tons of days to fix this - unless you really hoarded enough affinity before PoE to fully unlock way-bound skills.

Sorry, as little I am a fan of the Operator, this is no reason for drama.

That's not what he's saying.  What he's saying is that if you can't play on the Plains (i.e. hardware/technical issues) then you can't do the Saya's Vigil quest, which means you can't access the Quills, which means you can't get any more than the two initial nodes in your focus tree, effectively cutting a big part of the patch out of the running for those people.

I don't really know why DE locked focus progression behind doing the Gara quest.  It's not a bad quest by any means, but part of the entrancing nature of the focus system is looking at all those possibilities and then working towards them.  Having that goal from the get-go was great, and it didn't need to be gated behind further progression, especially one is that still buggy and technically demanding.  It's a classic case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" where they went and "fixed it" but along the way they broke it for some people.

5 minutes ago, ShakeyMac said:

That's not what he's saying.  What he's saying is that if you can't play on the Plains (i.e. hardware/technical issues) then you can't do the Saya's Vigil quest, which means you can't access the Quills, which means you can't get any more than the two initial nodes in your focus tree, effectively cutting a big part of the patch out of the running for those people.

I don't really know why DE locked focus progression behind doing the Gara quest.  It's not a bad quest by any means, but part of the entrancing nature of the focus system is looking at all those possibilities and then working towards them.  Having that goal from the get-go was great, and it didn't need to be gated behind further progression, especially one is that still buggy and technically demanding.  It's a classic case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" where they went and "fixed it" but along the way they broke it for some people.

Ohh... I forgot about that one already, as it took like 25 mins. Yeah, that's a bad thing, gonna add it to my list of wrong things with Focus 2.0.

With all the respect and empathy to my fellow Tenno, may I ask the potato riders... did you explore to exhaustion all the new graphical options, and reduced them to the very minimum? 

There's lots of stuff to turn off, and most important of all, you can reduce the game environment resolution without making the UI all blocky. My machine is not really a potato, but I reduced that option to ~70% to get a FPS increase. 

But it your machine is really creaky, I fear there might be no option but to save lunch money until you get an upgrade... :(

Although it's still early days for PoE, I believe it will stabilize in the next days/weeks, and many of you will be able to access it in time (techincal problems), while the lowest specs will really have to upgrade eventually.

My sympathies.

Edited by BrazilianJoe

20 hours ago, ShakeyMac said:

Yeah thanks for explaining, I thought it was obvious.

I have millions of focus refunded that I cant invest back because I need Quills, so I cant access Zen energy regen for example. 

Could I just buy that from market or other players maybe?  DE please.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:40 PM, BrazilianJoe said:

There's lots of stuff to turn off, and most important of all, you can reduce the game environment resolution without making the UI all blocky. My machine is not really a potato, but I reduced that option to ~70% to get a FPS increase.

Although it's still early days for PoE, I believe it will stabilize in the next days/weeks, and many of you will be able to access it in time (techincal problems), while the lowest specs will really have to upgrade eventually.

This. The newly-added render resolution scaling is very helpful. Used to need it to be 800x600 to run comfortably and suffer the mushy UI, now I can have 1280x720 and scale down rendering to 60-70%.

And yeah, new areas at launch can CHUG on potato toasters, but the DEvs are pretty good at optimising it.