Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Even PC Gamer is salty. [PC Gamer Criticism of PoE for new players]

METAHUMVN

They're not wrong though. The self contained economy and progression offers nothing to new players and adds little to the overall game, since it's disconnected, and the grind is obscene compared to everything else, while also not giving new players anything they need.

Don't be sorry. They covered almost everything that's wrong (and right) with Update 22 so I'd say it's fair, objective and reasonably accurate...

Hopefully the fact that a magazine that normally offers glowing reports on Warframe is now telling new players to stay away from PoE should get DE to seriously rethink their design decisions, long term goals, and really listen to their more non-biased and intelligent players.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, I've actively supported it in the past and I want it to do well. That said, my love isn't so blind that I can't see the mistakes being made as of late.

Edited by MirageKnight

Yeah, Can't argue with anything said in that article.

The isolation of the economy works both ways too. I feel trapped in the plains in order to progress in these new systems. It sucks. It hasn't even been out a full week and I'm sick of the place.

Clickbaity titles. "Salt" being used as a catch-all for any grievance, no matter how well worded or constructive, is counter-productive. It's become the equivalent of saying, "u mad?" when the individual isn't mad, they just disagree.

Anyway, that's not salty; that's a critical review of the update's shortcomings alongside well-deserved praise for the scope and beauty of the content. 

Edited by Rhekemi

21 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

not giving new players anything they need

they can get pressure point and vitality mods! bah, even the bounties aren't worth it, 2000 credits reward, or 50 endo are a joke at any level for the time you have to spend even on the lowest bounty.

2 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

Maybe they(and everyone else) should have considered that DE made this to last till the next Landscape and not to be played for the next few weeks. They gave you enough to do so you don't skip out of warframe after completing everything and waiting for the next update.

actually they give little to no incentive to play on the plains. this is another conclave, bunch of wasted effort, I'm afraid.

As radical as it sounds, I wonder if there's a way that DE could rework the entire economy.

Have everything interchangeable with Credits, that way you can trade your alloy plate in for credits, and use those credits to purchase say... fish oil.

Obviously in order to work this would require far higher purchasing prices than selling prices, and for resources to perhaps become more limited overall... but who knows. I know I'm dreaming of course, but it's a nice dream.

2k credits for 3 missions
5k credits for 5 missions...

Seriously DE, when will you understand that these aren't rewards at all? You want people to respect and offer respectful criticism and feedback yet you keep insulting and disrespecting people's time with those "rewards". Maybe DE needs some bad press to start rethinking this massive grind they've introduced with PoE.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

As radical as it sounds, I wonder if there's a way that DE could rework the entire economy.

Have everything interchangeable with Credits, that way you can trade your alloy plate in for credits, and use those credits to purchase say... fish oil.

Obviously in order to work this would require far higher purchasing prices than selling prices, and for resources to perhaps become more limited overall... but who knows. I know I'm dreaming of course, but it's a nice dream.

I actually made a suggestion in another thread that suggested this as well, with Standing unlocking what you can buy from merchants.

Dropping the Fishing requirement from Skywing, Gara, and Amps at least and replacing with more common and universal resources needs to be a thing. This massive focus on mining and fishing, the massive grind introduced, the lackluster "overhaul" and forced requirement of Operators, and the shoddy treatment of Archwings have served to cast a rather unattractive shadow on all the good things that Update 22 did give us...

"Oh no, I have to grind in a F2P game and this massive new update has bugs hurr durr"

Lmao that looks like an article that bungie paid them to write because they want people to play destiny 2 instead of warframe. 

Don't trust everything you read in these commercial sources.

The author intentionally points out every possible flaw and inconsistency that he can find in this new update., while not keeping an open mind about it at all. He clearly has an agenda.

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

1 minute ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Lmao that looks like an article that bungie paid them to write because they don't want people to play destiny 2 instead of warframe. 

Don't trust everything you read in these commercial sorces.

What's there to wonder about? It's not speculating on anything. What he's saying is true and verifiable. We've played it.

Care to offer any sort of rebuttal to the points the article makes instead of "hurr durr fake news"?

4 minutes ago, Xriah said:

What's there to wonder about? It's not speculating on anything. What he's saying is true and verifiable. We've played it.

Care to offer any sort of rebuttal to the points the article makes instead of "hurr durr fake news"?

He's clearly not open minded and is not giving DE the benefit of the doubt, so that's suspicious at the very least.

This is the biggest update they ever made and it just came out, it was clearly rushed, but this guy is crapping all over it and surprise surprise, Destiny 2 is right around the corner. Just connect the dots.

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

2 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Lmao that looks like an article that bungie paid them to write because they don't want people to play destiny 2 instead of warframe. 

Except the article reflects the feelings, frustrations, and criticisms of actual, longtime and veteran WF members, as well as new people.

The article isn't telling us anything we haven't already said in several threads now, and people aren't agreeing with it because it's PC Gamer, or a mainstream venue. We agree with it because it's an honest, critical review that articulates what we feel DE missed the mark on with the update, and because it's feedback DE needs as a developer.

Bounties need to be focused on to be functional like any other Mission, resources on the Plains are too compartmentalized, and the necessity of using a certain form to defeat the titular enemy of the Plains, is another aspect I hope gets adjusted, with a slew of other odds and ends in matchmaking.

Going in, I assumed some of the existing plant life on Earth would be on the plains, and although many of the new resources feel at place as raw materials, albeit in incredibly small deposits, the needed blueprints and quantities needed to craft various items do feel rather steep.

Moving forward, I hope that with the Grineer present, that more of the Earth resources, available on the standard Earth tilesets, can make there way into the plains, that refining BPs in the Plains is tweaked further, and that there is more cross over in plant life in future Hotfixes. It's understandable that the natives wouldn't know how to use more refined items, so at least enemies on the plains could still drop things that fit into the economy at large, available in the rest of the game.

The fact that we need to again utilize a particular mode out of necessity, has demotivated me from seeking out the titular enemy for now. It already felt like a stretch with the Kuva Guardians and now we have another situation where there again is a necessity, instead of simply providing an alternative that is available, like using Mesa over Chroma or Atlas over Frost and so on.

TL;DR, the devs really need to prioritize getting the issues with Bounties in order, get more of the economies integrated between Warframe's existing economy and PoE resources, and allow players to be able to choose between alternatives, instead of being stuck with necessary modes for certain situations.

13 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

I will be the first to support the "Bungie is paying news sites to ignore or bash Warframe" theory, but in this case everything mentioned in the article is right. Plus the last paragraph gives a pretty fair comparison with the rest of the game.

Edited by Antiphoton

Complaining about grind in a F2P game while saying you've barely even played the game just makes you look like a #$&(%, that's exactly what the author is doing.

What did the author expect from PoE? What did you expect? A promised land where platinum rains from the skies?

He needs to go farm, like we farmed for dozens and hundreds of hours, or he can spend a little money to support the devs and get whatever he wants faster.l, like many of us also did.

PoE has plenty of issues, but criticising it like it's a full price game or even a DLC that you paid for is just stupid. 

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

They're not wrong though. The self contained economy and progression offers nothing to new players and adds little to the overall game, since it's disconnected, and the grind is obscene compared to everything else, while also not giving new players anything they need.

What is funny is also how bad PoE is for veterans. Unless DE crams more operators down our throats, we have no real benefit of farming reputation after getting all zaw types and 1 amp.

EDIT: I also find it hilarious the article mentions a “massive” open world area (It is large, but not that massive after 2 days), as well as quests. We only got 1 quest that made no sense and took all of 15 minutes.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

article speaker has spoken truth... *time to pack it up then uninstall this warframe* i agree its buggy as hell! see ya later in next years *proofed* 

well said article... i really wanna enjoy this POE update for past days since came out its been bugging out ( my friend cant see me through instance with 4 squad) and i cant even play with people who's in different relay 76 while im in 78 but i clicked 76 then says full... like tf! 

After playing it on pc (i have 2 accounts) it feels like a messy mesh of multiple ideas that dont meld well in practice. 

Arch wing which was supposed to be the true freedom fly high movement is objectively WORSE than running and bullet jumping while posing no realistic advantage while having a very high cost to even deploy. 

The economy and rewards are completely closed off from the rest of the game and THIS is imo a design mistake

What made wf different from other "mmos"? Its resources , while many, were spread across the whole star map meaning if you needed polymer or etc you went to the best planet nodes for them.  Warframe did what Vindictus did and its why Vindictus has lasted so long and never felt dead.

PoE is pulling an ff14 on us and that's not good because it is separating the cohesion of rewards and progression from the rest of its body. 

PoE for its allowing of new players to enter yet doesnt allow cross progression between modes.

Only thing i really agree with is how separated the resource economy is from the rest of the game. i would've liked it if it was more integrated somehow. Right now it feels like im playing WF1 and then WF2 in the same game. It was kind of the same thing with archwing. I enjoyed it, but it felt like i was leveling AW just to play AW. it didnt feel relevant to rest of game.

Ah well....im still enjoying it. Im enjoying more than other options at the moment.