Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exit Plains without waiting for squad

(PSN)mmcareen

Hello, so I have been playing the plains and one of my biggest issues(besides the bugs) is I have to wait for my entire squad to come to the door.  Most have been pretty good, type in chat, Hey, can we head back to town, please.  Most come.  Others, 3 people standing at the door while the 4th is off doing who knows what.  So I got 2 very simple ways to fix this:

1.  if I'm not the host, going to the door to go back to town, should be treated the same as defense.  I can leave a defense every 5 waves without messing up the game for everyone else(other then leaving them short handed).  Why can't I do it with the plains.

2.  if I'm the host, it works a little different, it works like survival.  The host needs 1 other person to come to the door where, lets say a 30 second timer starts.  Once the timer hits 0, the entire team gets pulled to town.  I just don't trust host migrations in the plains yet.  Some has worked, while others have kicked me back to my ship and I lost everything

1 hour ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

1.  if I'm not the host, going to the door to go back to town, should be treated the same as defense.  I can leave a defense every 5 waves without messing up the game for everyone else(other then leaving them short handed).  Why can't I do it with the plains.

I think it should allow anyone (even the host) to exit anytime they want and the others stay if they want. Give a 30/60 seconds timer after someone goes to the door and if anyone also goes there in that time, they extract together and stay in the same squad. Maybe 30s for members and 60s for host, and like defense, if everyone goes to the door they extract instantly and stay in squad.

1 hour ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

2.  if I'm the host, it works a little different, it works like survival.  The host needs 1 other person to come to the door where, lets say a 30 second timer starts.  Once the timer hits 0, the entire team gets pulled to town.  I just don't trust host migrations in the plains yet.  Some has worked, while others have kicked me back to my ship and I lost everything

Now this I disagree because "I want to LEAVE and no one should be able to lock me in" is as equal as "I want to STAY and no one should be able to force me out". If 4 people do a bounty and the host+friend decide to leave but the other 2 want to to an extra mission to get that remaining rep needed, they should be able to do so. If host migration might kick them, it's something that they should decide if risk staying for one more or go back and reenter, but not being forced to reenter.

I wholeheartedly agree on this issue. 

I feel that whenever a bounty is not active players should be able to extract without the whole squad being present.

After matchmaking for a bounty (where 1 player just decided to fish....) I was stuck for 30 mins because the rest of the group decided to attack a Teralyst. 

Despite my protests and explanations that even a coordinated group takes 20+ mins to take one down completely, I was stuck. 

I think that those who wish to stay should be able to, but where host switching is concerned I don't know how stable such a thing would be. 

Regardless, being at the complete mercy of up to 3 other players when you want to extract after a bounty (or just roaming) is unacceptable when the only other option is to lose your rewards.