Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro 2.0

SuperSharko

Hey all, 

I had some ideas about bringing relevance back to Lunaro, a gamemode I personally enjoy a lot and I would love to bring some relevance back to it. Here are my ideas to accomplish this:

1. Create a Cetus/PoE Lunaro field. A detailed Lunaro field with a visible, cheering Ostron audience would be amazing. Food vendors, cheering Ostrons, and the Plains in the background would give a vibe that promotes Lunaro and Plains of Eidolon. 
  2. New Arcata/Lunaro guard items. Creating a new Lunaro vendor could open up the opportunity to purchase Cetus/PoE themed Arcatas and Lunaro guard attachments. The new vendor could also be the announcer in the Cetus Lunaro playing field. 
  3. Move Lunaro out of the Conclave. Although a big move, Lunaro isn't as similar to the other Conclave gamemodes and moving it to only be accessible at Cetus would mean more promotion of PoE and the new features that it brings forward. Lore-wise, the Tenno will discover that Lunaro has been adopted by the Ostrons through the new vendor, who is a player of the ancient sport.
  4. Improved tutorial. Instead of a textbook-like tutorial, the player will watch the new vendor perform essential Lunaro moves. Subsequently, the Tenno will learn to pass, intercept, score, etc. against the new vendor and specters firsthand.

Rewards:

This would be the actual motivation to play Lunaro, besides the new guards and Arcatas. 

1. Standing. Make Lunaro reward Lunaro standing, redeemable at the new Lunaro vendor in Cetus. The Riv Elite-Guards and Riv Arcata skin would be purchasable through Lunaro standing.
  2. Arcata & Lunaro melee. A thrown melee weapon that can either check away for close ranged melee attacks, or throw an unstable Lunaro that deals damage on collision and shocks nearby enemies before stabilizing, rendering it useless until picked back up and thrown again. Falling off of a ledge will respawn the Lunaro close to the user. The Arcata & Lunaro blueprint would be purchasable via Lunaro standing. To further increase it's popularity, existing Arcata skins could be used with the weapon itself.
  3. Announcers. As mentioned earlier, new announcers could be implemented. For a couple of examples, Syndicate leader announcers could be earned through Syndicate standing, fan-favorite bosses can drop from their respective missions, and an easy way to obtain good-old Teshin if one wishes to equip him over the Cetus announcer.

Ranked:

If it gains enough traction, Lunaro could have a ranked gamemode. 

1. Standing Ranked System. For the ranking system, a tier is based on how much Ranked Lunaro standing one has. Initiation is free, and so is ranking up. If one chooses not to participate, the option is not available to them if they have not initiated.
  2. Rewarding Gameplay. If a Tenno plays well and honorably, they are rewarded with more standing. Passes, goals, and teamwork is rewarded. AFKing and reports of dishonorable conduct are punished. AFK players will be detected and removed from the game regardless of ranked or casual, and will receive a certain amount of strikes before receiving a low priority queue or being banned for that season. Negative standing cannot be earned by playing badly, unless there are valid reports of deliberately assisting the enemy team.
  3. Leaderboard. On a player's profile, their Lunaro tier can be viewed if applicable. All players in the top tier are visible publicly at the Lunaro vendor. After the final tier, standing goes on indefinitely. The player with the highest standing is the #1 player, and so forth.
  4. Season Rewards. Participating in the season earns you the sigil for that season. Being in the top tier earns you a special Arcata skin. Rewards scale in rarity and worth as the tiers progress.

Sidenote: Players are not permitted to leave during ranked matches. If Warframe is forced to quit, there is a standing penalty.

Thank you for reading. These are my ideas for Lunaro, and if I missed any details or if you have anything to add (or subtract), please respond and I will choose to add it to the initial post and credit you accordingly. 

Thanks again,

SuperSharko

Edited by BooFailScare

• 4 weeks later...

I like earning conclave standing through lunaro though, it's a gamemode I actually enjoy, unlike the normal conclave ones. If they brought back quick steel I'd be fine though, that was an amazing mode.

Arcata fashion configs need to be bound to conclave loadouts instead of being overarching (aka changes per loadout instead of for all of them, as is it's pointless that it even has 3 configs for colours). I'd like variations of the riv armour too, because fashion. Make the current one for either attacker, defender or support, and add the other 2.

Bug fixes: change check/pickup delay to 0.2-0.3 (0.5 is too long, interferes with skilled gameplay), fix own goal bug, fix hit detection from the ball (unstable hitbox is larger than ball visual), remove ball-guard (it just creates check immunity bugs and screws worse players over), fix checks passing through the ball on offence and defence, fix being able to deflect an unstable but still fall over (aka make checking give you atlas passive, no knockdowns), make point-blank dunks impossible (100% goalie ignore, just rub face in the goal before throwing, no distance means no catch, guaranteed unstoppable score, ball-guard means uncheckable too), fix passing not homing sometimes and make it home in a path that doesn't hit the floor (since this also ends its tracking) and more things I missed for now.

Improved tutorial is needed, and it needs to be mandatory before allowing actual play. I see new people with no idea how stuff works more often than I'd like.

Would this arcata skin given to top players be different each season, the same or on a rotation between a few? I like the idea, but exclusives are bad, so they have to come back.

We still need maps for cephalon suda, red veil and lew loka as well, and maybe one for simaris too.

Small nitpick on what gets rewarded: you forgot saves... everyone forgets saves... This goalie is sad now, I already get screwed over by minimal lag and bugs enough.

Rewards: bunch of endo and/or kuva please, maybe oxium and cryotic too. Currently you can get 400 endo and 600 cryotic after a match, though not guaranteed. Being able to get kuva from here would be awesome.

Edited by --Q--DragonSkllzz
Damn, they actually fixed instants right after I post this, but the delay is too long.

4 hours ago, --Q--DragonSkllzz said:

I like earning conclave standing through lunaro though, it's a gamemode I actually enjoy, unlike the normal conclave ones. If they brought back quick steel I'd be fine though, that was an amazing mode.

Arcata fashion configs need to be bound to conclave loadouts instead of being overarching (aka changes per loadout instead of for all of them, as is it's pointless that it even has 3 configs for colours). I'd like variations of the riv armour too, because fashion. Make the current one for either attacker, defender or support, and add the other 2.

Bug fixes: fix instants (lag and bug abuse ones), fix the new checking issues from PoE, fix own goal bug, fix hit detection from the ball (unstable hitbox is larger than ball visual), remove ball-guard (it just creates check immunity bugs and screws worse players over), fix checks passing through the ball on offence and defence, fix being able to deflect an unstable but still fall over (aka make checking give you atlas passive, no knockdowns), make point-blank dunks impossible (100% goalie ignore, just rub face in the goal before throwing, no distance means no catch, guaranteed unstoppable score, ball-guard means uncheckable too) and more things I missed for now.

Improved tutorial is needed, and it needs to be mandatory before allowing actual play. I see new people with no idea how stuff works more often than I'd like.

Would this arcata skin given to top players be different each season, the same or on a rotation between a few? I like the idea, but exclusives are bad, so they have to come back.

We still need maps for cephalon suda, red veil and lew loka as well, and maybe one for simaris too.

Small nitpick on what gets rewarded: you forgot saves... everyone forgets saves... This goalie is sad now, I already get screwed over by minimal lag and bugs enough.

Rewards: bunch of endo and/or kuva please, maybe oxium and cryotic too. Currently you can get 400 endo and 600 cryotic after a match, though not guaranteed. Being able to get kuva from here would be awesome.

Those are excellent changes and additions.
The check immunity caused by the ball-guard is causing more problems than it does good tho, I must agree.
The kuva might be a bit much, but if that could be possible, it would be great. Something like a small amount will suffice.

The forced tutorial before your first match should be a must. People go into Lunaro without even knowing what it is, how to play it, what buttons do and how you are supposed to even do anything.