Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.0.6 + 22.0.6.1

[DE]Megan

I find I'm unable to link to any of the Augur set mods in chat.

In the general feedback department, I would say that PoE works pretty well for how new it is. Occasionally fish swim into the beach or bait falls through the ground, but by & large it's a job well done.

Everytime i do something in game, it gets  fixed the day after...

>made 80 bait, "oh its reusable now"
>made 60 stones "oh they craft in 10 sets now"
>made 80 dye "oh its now a 5 min craft"
>made my operator gun "oh it now awards standing"

Still no fix for trying to complete the same level range bounty after completing one in previous timer rotation causes the progress to stop: after completing the first stage of bounty you dont even get the standing and bounty info just keeps hanging under the map infinitely. This happens only if you keep staying in Cetus. Returning to Orbiter resolves it.

Upd: also happens even on first take. Just checked bounties and found it refreshing (no bounties atm), run in planes for a while, then returned back to Cetus and accepted a bounty. Then it happened. Mostly the second bounty (with Gara's systems).

Edited by FollowTheFaceless

2 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Which would have been ten ***ing millions times better.

Because right now, you can't een BUY your way out of the absolutely atrocious, broken and insane grind - doesn't matter if it's grind for parts, resources like fish or focus. 

They not just "not care about money" they don't care about some money and want us to suffer for no reason. Like if they *just* wanted to make more money it would suck to some people but at least would be understandable, there would've been a reason behind godawful drops and broken loot mechanics like fishing and creating amps that require you to farm eidolons to make farming eidolons easier and fisrt catching some fish to creating a ***tons of bps like fishbaits that attract other kind of fish because you need THEM to catch a third kind of fish that you need to build your "okey-ish" second amp. To even begin to get close to your focus daily cap without boosters you have to squat on Bere for an hour or in a similar place with a greater lenses equiped that should be freaking better by a ton compared to normal, you still waste at least an hour a day and if you don't do those kind of things you will get nowhere with your focus. Holy hell. I'm not sure what they're "makimg" but sure as hell they have some twisted priorities that doesn't involve actual gameplay mechanics in them.

Seriosuly. Like the level of absurd that is this update is just over 9000. In the time I get half the things that requies to build just one new  thing in this update I can finish playing a regular game.

And you can't even buy 90% of resources what is this insanity.

But-why-meme-generator-but-why-84103d.jp

they want to keep away from anything that can push away from the rep of "Best F2P." (or more how they want to avoid anything that gets near to Paywall'ing/Rich to Win.) i doubt the resources will reliably be on a stead means of plat buying outside the vendors "Today's Specials" untill the economy hits a good balance as right now w/ the obnoxious grind as right now having a plat option that has the majority if not all  can create 2 Scenarios:

1: people would spend plat to get the resources and Not have any reason to go fishing or exploring the plains for the plant/ore resources.

2:with the long and hard grind for them right now while DE evaluates everyones reactions ,acceptance on the matter, Suggestions, Content-ness with how things are to find a good balance on Resource drops/how easy it is/time consuming, that it could show the one thing DE is trying Hard to avoid to have an image of and that being a Paywall/Rich to win[Pay 2 Win]

Give it time to balance out we've seen time and Time again Massive updates take awhile for an Economy to balance out and bugs to settle and smooth out (or minimize as much as possible, while some bugs are somewhat frequent not all are Repeatable on demand enough to track down the cause) as Plains of Eidolon is their biggest yet, more than TSD And TWW combined, and with a good chunk of the game's Core or Engine having been changed, alot of things they didnt expect to break has , due to unforeseen interactions or of such features relying on certain Functions in Code that have been changed ((think of something like how Windows XP was rather a huge mess untill SP2 in terms of Program backwards compatibility.)) or insignificant things breaking.. leading to a cascading mess (like that Stupid Experience Bug they were stuck on during the stretch of Steve's mini stream on release day.), and there was likely no way for them to test every-single interaction option, function feature and game mechanic before the release w/o significantly DElaying PoE any longer than they have. (( ok go ahead and shoot me for that lame joke :P )) if they had there wouldn't of been any hope till well into next year and we likely would Still see quite a few bugs.  Keep in mind player game-play is a big chunk of bug hunting than most realize as a development team especially DE's Size, wouldn't have the manpower to run the game thru its paces in myriad ways, builds, configurations and styles as the millions of players registered for the game can.

i apologize if this has been ranty or seemingly like anti-plat options or that im just "White Knighting" DE's initial decisions,  just trying to make a tl;dr facts that they're trying to balance resource economy first before touching anything like a big listing of plat-able resources/adding to Marketplace. ((you can trade Gems and fish dunn know about refined things like the ores into their ingots/tears etc.) just alot decredit DE's Decisions after a big update w/o actually done research why something like this could break the game so much :/ or dont really see why DE is staying far away from any Reputation of any potential trend of plat-to win/skip resource grind as they have a massive online gaming community view of setting the standards for how freemium should be.  (tbh when they first said Gara would be only plat purchasable w/ PoE due to the Voice actor for the Quest lines, wasnt going to have things done in time. there was a massive S#&$storm and people Jumping immediately crying "Rich to win/Paywalling." worrying that it'd set a trend.)

if you want to have a large debate on any of it i'd happy to take it to PMs. but this is just one Tenno's view *shrugs*

50 minutes ago, toafarmer said:

I think I found a leecher...

maybe they are maybe they arent, lets throw this to think.. you have a squad that say.. Hates Limbo or that any player that doesnt speed rush to the objective super-asap, and here comes someone in via Public Matchmaking that doesnt have titania or the Archwing launcher segment/drops built yet. "Great slow guy" *vote to kick happens*  or you get a Group for farming shards that has some real #$&(%-baggery aholes that "Its doing it's death animation thanks for teh help! *VK's people out to screw em out of Brilliant/Ediolon shard* theres quite a bit of actual abusive ways to take advantage of a Votekick Despite people would be knowing full well that DE would likely harshly punish any misuse of it. (alot of the stuckup elitist vets would use this to get rid of a new player that joins in or that cant take care of themselves.) give these awful player types an inch and they will take a mile if given the chance.

Edited by CaelThunderwing

Fix octavia pls.
When am invisible and use operator mode then go back to my frame, she is no longer invisible. The timer on my 3 keep going and have to wait for it to expire for me to be able to go invisible again. Quite annoying specially when am using zenurik and want energy from void dash.

8 minutes ago, CaelThunderwing said:

maybe they are maybe they arent, lets throw this to think.. you have a squad that say.. Hates Limbo or that any player that doesnt speed rush to the objective super-asap, and here comes someone in via Public Matchmaking that doesnt have titania or the Archwing launcher segment/drops built yet. "Great slow guy" *vote to kick happens*  or you get a Group for farming shards that has some real #$&(%-baggery aholes that "Its doing it's death animation thanks for teh help! *VK's people out to screw em out of Brilliant/Ediolon shard* theres quite a bit of actual abusive ways to take advantage of a Votekick Despite people would be knowing full well that DE would likely harshly punish any misuse of it. (alot of the stuckup elitist vets would use this to get rid of a new player that joins in or that cant take care of themselves.) give these awful player types an inch and they will take a mile if given the chance.

Idiots abusing vote to kick are less harmful than idiots that let all the rest of the group waiting on lagportal until they finish their fishing/mining/leeching (you need 3 of the 1st and only 1 of the 2nd to cause harm). 

I'd be happy enough with the extraction timer, though. I think the whole point of not having an extraction timer is that they want the entire group to waste 2-4min bullet jumping back to entrance to show bigger numbers to the investitors (PWE), but that's just my opinion.

Just now, toafarmer said:

Idiots abusing vote to kick are less harmful than idiots that let all the rest of the group waiting on lagportal until they finish their fishing/mining/leeching (you need 3 of the 1st and only 1 of the 2nd to cause harm). 

I'd be happy enough with the extraction timer, though. I think the whole point of not having an extraction timer is that they want the entire group to waste 2-4min bullet jumping back to entrance to show bigger numbers to the investitors (PWE), but that's just my opinion.

thats actually what i (think?) either Rebecca or Steve tweeted. the other day. they're working on a way to either individually extract or set so someone at teh door would start a timer like normal missions. if they add a vote kick option it should more than hopefuly come with a Severe penalty for abusing it. and leave a Cool Down per XXX ammount of time to use it. if they make it verry unattractive to abuse it making you Show proof for Why you felt it was necessary to Kick that player out  if they get called out by that player on it.  then a VK option wouldn't be that awful.

I still don't understand what do you mean by "open world"!! all it seems to me a giant static tileset full of glitches at least have an individual extraction method so people can leave whenever they like without losing progress when aborting mission for example just heading to the gate of cetus or instead of "Abort Mission" option change it to "Return to Orbitor" and save progress during this process without affecting the rest of the squad because entering the plains is infact not an actual mission so it makes no sense to abort a mission that doesn't even exist and why not using cetus gate as an extraction point and just highlight it as a normal extraction point after completing bounties at least for a few minutes and if people don't wish to leave they can just roam and the waypoint disapears after 2-3 minutes it makes life easier.

i dont get why ppl cry that much about this update its great in every way (besides fishing wich will be great aswell  with some more tweaks) the content is designed to be grindy thats the damn point of warframe ffs and what do you mean by to hard if you go public thats normal that you cant do content that is designed for pre made groups or clans for example me and my clan members are nearly maxed out on both reps because we have efficient routs and strats to kill the teralyst we make 4-5 kills each night we also already have the t2 quill operator weapon wich explains our killtimer guys really if you put some effort and thought into it this whole update isnt that hard or grindy at all....also i disagree on votekicks if DE implementet something like that the community will turn 180 and i can assure that

@[DE]Megan it is true, I cannot turn in exceptional cores but I am able to turn in intact cores.

As for the gate issue entering Plains from Cetus, sadly it still doesn't work every time for me.

50%chances when I newly go to Cetus and try entering the Plains there. If I get through complete a bounty and return, then pick another bounty without leaving Cetus, 100% cannot go out again.

32bit WinXP SP3, 550Ti 1024MB Memory Size

No problem entering Plains from starchart. 

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Brilliant Sentient Shards sometimes spawning at the Cetus gates. Thanks to our amazing community sending us repros and logs, we were able to nail down this bug and fix it for real. To those who were very frustrated by this issue, we apologize. As one of the most valuable items introduced in the Plains and the most mysterious to acquire, it was our top priority to fix and we will continue to monitor. 

I no longer have trust in you:angry: