The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does my frame have this?

Damnation-Cleric

Question

this little gray and pink ball appears on the left side of my Loki frame's neck every time I use it. It doesn't appear on any of my other frames, and I don't know if it's an intentional thing or just a glitch. What I do know is that it bothers me a bit. Anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it?

link to image: https://imgur.com/hyL5Is9

14 answers to this question

this little gray and pink ball appears on the left side of my Loki frame's neck every time I use it. It doesn't appear on any of my other frames, and I don't know if it's an intentional thing or just a glitch. What I do know is that it bothers me a bit. Anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it?

link to image: https://imgur.com/hyL5Is9

It's cyst that was created by Nidus when he entered the infected room and sat in the chair. After 24 hours the cyst appears on the neck and you can infect other players during missions. Wait a week and you can remove it permenatly by entering infested room and sitting in the chair. You can also infect a kubrow egg with it but it will grow back.

You have been infected with the Helminth Virus by a Nidus or another infected player.  The cyst you see reaches its full growth after seven days.  At that time, a couple options become available.  First, you can use the contents of the cyst to mutate a Kubrow egg into a Helminth Kubrow.  This will get you mastery like any other breed of Kubrow so I suggest you do this.  Using the cyst this way sets it back to its initial state and it will grow back in the same 7 days.

Second, you can enter the infected room at the back left of your orbiter.  Inside is a medical chair that will permanently cure your warframe.  Each Warframe you own can be infected once and cured once on an individual basis.  If you immunize all your frames, you will no longer be able to make Helminth Kubrows.

3 hours ago, (PS4)NinjaBerd said:

You have been infected by playing in a squad with a Nidus.

It could have been any frame, Nidus is not the only frame that can be infected. All frames can receive the cyst, it's only Nidus that can do so willingly by sitting in the chair.

Edited by LazerSkink

59 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

It could have been any frame, Nidus is not the only frame that can be infected. All frames can receive the cyst, it's only Nidus that can do so willingly by sitting in the chair.

They were infected while playing as Loki, but with a Nidus in their squad.. Its my understanding that playing with a Nidus in your squad is the only way to receive the infection. Is my understanding incorrect?

3 hours ago, (PS4)NinjaBerd said:

They were infected while playing as Loki, but with a Nidus in their squad.. Its my understanding that playing with a Nidus in your squad is the only way to receive the infection. Is my understanding incorrect?

That's not how it works. The cyst spreads across all warframes, Nidus being the only one that can willingly acquire it by sitting in the chair. It could have been any frame that infected OP.

Edited by LazerSkink

3 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

That's not how it works. The cyst spreads across all warframes, Nidus being the only one that can willingly acquire it by sitting in the chair. It could have been any frame that infected OP.

I see, you are correct. I didn't know it could be any infected frame that transfers it. Thankfully, all mine are cured and I wont have to see that monstrosity any longer. Thanks!