Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Damage Is Calculated. Aka Help With Maths.

Altissimus

So, to those that know...

If I have a shotgun that does, for ease, 100 damage:

With Point Blank @ +90% it now does 190 damage.

With Blaze @ 60% & 60% what happens?  Does it do 100 + 90% + 60% + 60% = 100 * 1.9 * 1.9 * 1.6 * 1.6 = 486.4

or does it do 100 + (90%+60%, as both are base damage) + 60% = 100 * 2.5 * 1.6 = 400?

you are adding in a bunch of numbers you shouldnt be in the first line, but anyways it works like this

(100 * 1.9) + [(100 * 1.9) * 0.6]

point strike just adds to your base, and thats the first part. then every element after that (armor piercing is an element) is calculated as a percentage of that base damage.

you also have to take into account where youre hitting the enemy, and what the enemies weaknesses are.

you are adding in a bunch of numbers you shouldnt be in the first line, but anyways it works like this

(100 * 1.9) + [(100 * 1.9) * 0.6]

point strike just adds to your base, and thats the first part. then every element after that (armor piercing is an element) is calculated as a percentage of that base damage.

you also have to take into account where youre hitting the enemy, and what the enemies weaknesses are.

But Blaze also affects base damage, so why wouldn't (the half that affects base damage) be assigned in the same way as point blank? 

Should be additive with point blank.

If that is the case then the base damage of a shotgun has just gone up from 90% to 150% with the advent of Blaze, and that influences (and is the base multiple of) all subsequent element damage mods and multishot mods.  Making the addition of Blaze mahooooosive.

IF it works the way it should.

Base  * (1 + total damage modifier %) = Modified Base DamageModified Base Damage * (total element modifier %) = Additional elemental damage, for each type of elemental damage

With a base damage of 100 and 150% total base damage (blaze for 60% and point blank for 90% = 150%), you would deal 250 base damage. Blaze also has 60% fire damage, which adds another 150, bringing you to 400 total (100 damage per pellet, yikes).

For example, my Sobek looks like this:

250 modified base damage375 AP damage150 Fire damage225 Ice damage-------------------------1000 total damage/shot

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! I've also got max Hells Chamber, so I do double that, with a 20% chance to do triple. 2000 damage/shot if everything hits, and 4 shots in my magazine (on average) will deal 3000 damage. Of course, this is before enemy resistance is taken into account, but 1/3 of it is AP which deals extra to the Grineer, and about 1/4 is Ice which deals extra vs shields. My math could also be totally off, but I one-shot just about everything so I can't tell.

3qZRNF3.gif

(Also, 60% fire rate, 30% reload speed, and 13 12 extra points for whatever else I want to add)

Edit: I maxed out Chilling Grasp. 90% ice now.

Edit: I also messed up the calculation on the AP damage lol

Edited by PublikDomain