Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make "Greedy Pull" an exilus mod

ExterminatorFrame

From what I have observed in the game, exilus mods are mods which give little to no combat advantage, with a few exceptions. Mag's augment appears to me to be such a mod: it looks like a quality of life mod with very little impact on actual combat. Please make it an exilus. There are stronger exilus mods out there, including Valkyr's "Hysterical Assault", which is also an augment mod and arguably provides more combat advantages that Mag's augment.

Please implement this change. It would make Mag players very happy and it would not bother anyone. After all, games are about making their players happy. Thank you for your time!

Logically, if it's something so worth using that you'd want it on the Exilus so you can use it full time, but something that's not powerful enough to warrant the sacrifice of regular modding space to use it, then it's exactly balanced as an Augment. So... no, it's unlikely to change.

If you count it as mandatory and/or a useful upgrade, then it costs a mod slot, but if you don't count it as either, then it's not worth converting to an Exilus either.

Exilus slot is for mobility mods, not for augments. Not even Natural Talent can go in there. Changing that is not in the crosshairs of the devs.

Greedy Pull is one of the least useful augments out there, after it was nerfed to the ground. It could get a rework, just as Pull needs a rework. 

Just now, BrazilianJoe said:

Exilus slot is for mobility mods, not for augments. Not even Natural Talent can go in there. Changing that is not in the crosshairs of the devs.

Greedy Pull is one of the least useful augments out there, after it was nerfed to the ground. It could get a rework, just as Pull needs a rework. 

According to Steve it's because all Augments are too "potent". Yeah... No.

Thaylien, I can't agree with any of that Your solution seems to be to not use the mod at all. Most other augments are much stronger than "Greedy Pull". Some of them can remove 100% enemy armor (that meaning reducing a damage resistance of over 95% on some enemies), offer very strong crowd control or instant kills. Mag's augument does not match that in any way.

BrazilianJoe, if that would be the case, then why are loot and enemy detection mods classified as Exilus? Also, the bullet jump mods give you damage and procs, affecting not just mobility. The drift mods offer substantial stats other than movement.

Yeah the devs are basically deaf ears to suggestions of changing the Exilus slot for anything else.

What could happen potentially would be to have yet another slot just for augments, but then we would run into a severe mod point constraint issue, which would then have people clamoring for "primed" mod slots which can reduce mod point cost for any polarity . Which would be nice. 

7 hours ago, ExterminatorFrame said:

Thaylien, I can't agree with any of that Your solution seems to be to not use the mod at all. Most other augments are much stronger than "Greedy Pull". Some of them can remove 100% enemy armor (that meaning reducing a damage resistance of over 95% on some enemies), offer very strong crowd control or instant kills. Mag's augument does not match that in any way.

The logic is very, very simple my friend. Either it's worth a slot or it isn't. To you. Is Greedy Pull worth using a mod slot on? Then use a mod slot. If it's not worth a mod slot, then it's not worth an Exilus slot either. My answer is, if you want to use it, pay the cost as the other augments have; the cost being a mod slot.

Another way of explaining it would be to pull on the other side of the balance, DE's side of things.

DE basically classifies like this: Is the augment a straight-up buff to the ability? If yes, then it's worth a mod slot. Does it provide basic mobility? If yes, then it's in the Exilus.

Greedy Pull, regardless of its relative strength to any other augment (and a few spring to mind, like Atlas' Ore Gaze, as being far weaker) is a straight up buff to the ability and provides no mobility, so it's a regular mod, not an Exilus.

@Thaylien I'm not your friend, your logic seems very flawed to me, and you seem to be here for no reason but to annoy people. You didn't even read what was said so far. Not all exilus mods offer mobility, so that's not a valid argument. And don't try to speak for DE. you clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

Check out the mods "Coaction Drift", "Agility Drift", "Retribution", "Shock Absorbers", "Aviator", "Warm Coat", "Thief's Wit", "Enemy Sense", "Intruder", "Heavy Impact", "Sure Footed", "Master Thief". They are all Exilus mods that provide zero mobility, and most of them offer direct combat advantages. As it can be seen from this list, there are lots of exilus mods providing no mobility and a lot stronger than "Greedy Pull".

Regarding Ore Gaze, I have nothing against making that an Exilus too. I'm sure there are more augment mods that can fit Exilus, but it's not my intention to compile a list with all of them.

Next time, you might want to check your facts before trying to look like you know what you're talking about. It was my pleasure to destroy your unfounded, uninformed argument.

P. S. Exilus most likely comes from the latin word "exilis", which means "meager, thin, poor" and other similar words - so an Exilus mod is a mod that is weak compared to others. I can't seem to find any synonyms of it related to mobility :)

Edited by ExterminatorFrame

3 hours ago, Thaylien said:

-snip-

Can't we have a middle point for certain augment mods? Some augment mods like Greedy Pull are as powerful as Exilus mods. If they don't get any buff, then perhaps they should go into Exilus slot. There are already two augment mods that is also an Exilus mod.

By the way, Exilus mods are not exclusive to mobility-related mods. We have Intruder, Retribution, Coaction Drift, etc.

6 hours ago, ExterminatorFrame said:

@Thaylien I'm not your friend, your logic seems very flawed to me, and you seem to be here for no reason but to annoy people.

Apologies, it's text, very difficult to actually convey emotions to people, I genuinely was being friendly and I'm not here to annoy. I don't want to make you think that I'm arguing just to irritate you with this. It's just a discussion that has come up so many times that there appears to be a pattern, so I'm pointing it out. (Also, friend was supposed to indicate that I want to be friendly.) Let me explain a little more.

If my logic is flawed then why are none of the other exilus mods you've mentioned Augments? Why are the only two Augments in the Exilus slot pure mobility mods? Yes there are other Exilus slot mods, but my logic is completely explanatory for Augments.

And it's not that I'm speaking for DE, I'm basing this off the things they've said in DevStreams in response to our questions about these mods, and the base pattern of what Augments are so far. It's the only explanation that actually makes sense for why so many of the augments don't make a cohesive 'whole' to a frame, why very few of them actually do more than make the specific ability better, and why they have no consideration for what makes the frame good overall.

A good set of Augments, for example, would be the ones for Nekros, where one augment makes his 3 use health instead of energy, to let him keep more energy around for his other abilities, and to sustain the ability on the health orbs it generates, while the other augments can be used in combo with it, such as damage reduction by using his Shadows for survivability or a slow on Terrify for crowd control, or even using Soul Punch to revive your team when in a pinch. Other frames just don't have that kind of consideration for what their abilities are doing in concert, but they do have this consistent theme; is it an upgrade to the ability? If yes, it's worth a mod slot. Is that upgrade just mobility? If yes, then it's in the Exilus.

Why is Pool of Life so bad? Because the ability it augments is outclassed by Trin's other abilities and the result of the augment is still sub-par to that. However, when taken in the context of only Well of Life, yes, the augment is a straight upgrade to the function of the ability. When you cut it that way, which is something we've come to after lots of arguments like this, that's the only thing that could explain DE's decision to make the augment this way in the first place, and to make it cost us a regular mod slot instead of putting it in the Exilus.

It's the answer to this:

6 hours ago, yles9056 said:

Can't we have a middle point for certain augment mods? Some augment mods like Greedy Pull are as powerful as Exilus mods. If they don't get any buff, then perhaps they should go into Exilus slot. There are already two augment mods that is also an Exilus mod.

That answer being, 'I honestly don't know, I'm just going by the logic of every augment mod and discussion about those mods that has come before'.

The pattern wasn't created by me, it's just the logic that explains why DE have done what they've done.

Apologies again if the actual spirit of my replies isn't coming across, I'm trying to have an actual discussion about it. We're just covering old ground on the topic, to me, so I guess I came off as just too flippant with it.

@ExterminatorFrame

10 hours ago, ExterminatorFrame said:

@Thaylien I'm not your friend, your logic seems very flawed to me, and you seem to be here for no reason but to annoy people.

Um... no? He literally just gave you the reason as to why DE is not allowing all augments in the Exilus.

You didn't even read what was said so far. Not all exilus mods offer mobility, so that's not a valid argument. And don't try to speak for DE. you clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

You're right. Not all Exilus mods offer Mobility. Exilus mods are dedicated to offering Mobility and/or a very low form of Utility. So by your logic, yes, Greedy Pull should be in the Exilus, however, it is not. So get over it. Same with 95% of the other Augmentation mods.

Next time, you might want to check your facts before trying to look like you know what you're talking about. It was my pleasure to destroy your unfounded, uninformed argument.

Was that honestly necessary? You literally just added that in to make yourself feel better.

P. S. Exilus most likely comes from the latin word "exilis", which means "meager, thin, poor" and other similar words - so an Exilus mod is a mod that is weak compared to others. I can't seem to find any synonyms of it related to mobility :)

Helios = God of Sun

Odonata = carnivorous insects

I'm sure I can find more.

Still don't know why all Augments can't go in the Exilus though.

@Thaylien Well, OK, then. I guess you wrote in a hurry and it didn't illustrate what you wanted. Sorry for the clash.

@(PS4)ArtPrince17

46 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

He literally just gave you the reason as to why DE is not allowing all augments in the Exilus.

Which I dismounted in the form that it was made. I see he now made some clarifications regarding what he said and I understand what he was thinking.

So by your logic, yes, Greedy Pull should be in the Exilus, however, it is not. So get over it.

This is the feedback section. Do you know what feedback is?

Was that honestly necessary? You literally just added that in to make yourself feel better.

By that logic, you should probably stop masturbating. Lots of thing we do are unnecessary. We do them because we choose to.

Helios = God of Sun

Odonata = carnivorous insects

I'm sure I can find more.

Do you actually have a point with this? Because I used mine to make a point, that Exilus mods are not mobility-exclusive. If you mean I googled it, of course I googled it. Shockingly, I don't speak Latin.

Still don't know why all Augments can't go in the Exilus though.

Because:

22 hours ago, ExterminatorFrame said:

Some of them can remove 100% enemy armor (that meaning reducing a damage resistance of over 95% on some enemies), offer very strong crowd control or instant kills.

And Exilus mods are, by definition, the opposite of strong.

Edited by ExterminatorFrame

16 minutes ago, ExterminatorFrame said:

@Thaylien Well, OK, then. I guess you wrote in a hurry and it didn't illustrate what you wanted. Sorry for the clash.

That's not a problem, and I take it you see where I'm coming from now?

Whether we really agree with the method of working or not, this seems to be how DE are labelling their mods and how their particular creation process is going. As much as we might want to kick up the variety with the 'weaker' augments, this has been proposed before and just... given the same answer; DE never says no, they just say that the Augments will be 'looked at again at some point'.

Also, forgive my acquaintance, he gets a little high strung when he sees arguments in progress.

43 minutes ago, ExterminatorFrame said:

This is the feedback section. Do you know what feedback is?

That was actually on me, you are right.

44 minutes ago, ExterminatorFrame said:

By that logic, you should probably stop masturbating. Lots of thing we do are unnecessary. We do them because we choose to.

What if I don't tho, lol.

mP9OUl3.jpg
So perhaps a separate thread should be made talking about why Augments should be a part of The Exilus Slot. Maybe more positive this time around?

Wow, that image is hilarious!

Eh, I'm too lazy to make another one if you say this has been said a lot of times before. Hopefully, DE will someday reevaluate augment mods and other quality of life things, such as making "Vacuum" something standard that each frame has, so we can finally use animal companions. Nobody wants to run around for every loot item, that's not where the fun is.