Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara the Frame that was not meant to be...

LordLokai

So i dont know what the actual drop rate is on her parts, but as someone that has been grinding hard for her parts since PoE dropped i ca tell you it is below 5% and no i don't care what the official post says because i don't trust drop rates from DE themselves... is to much incentive to " lie " about them. So i've done countless bounties, spammed them every time they were up, solid days lost just farming those bounties everytime they popped, and those parts just don't exist. But i won't buy her either... so i guess i will never have this frame i don't get why her parts are so god damn rare... she's worse then ivara to farm... worse then nidus...amount of time it takes to do a bounty, investing so much to get " credits " is just--- i'm at a loss here DE... I think her parts need to be taken off the bounty list and put into one of the ostron venders even if i need 20-25k rep or moire... as it stands only people i know that have managed to get her have purchased her off the market... which i guess is the intent make her rare force us to get frustrated and buy her BUT news flash if i cant farm her well i just wont play her... she's not on my must have list but she does seem neat... it's to bad i won't ever get to try her out because i'm done farming for her... i can't be bothered to deal with those 1% drop rates anymore... there is an acceptable level of RNG but bounties are not acceptable... they are filled with junk NOBODY not even new players want! 4k credits? REALLY try 40-50k and maybe it'd be worth it... but 4k? that's insulting!

Fix the !$@$% bounty drops already... its ridiculous!

I'm assuming that henceforth, DE will experiment more with time delays on farming warframes. They tried it with Ne Zha, but 24 hours per try was a bit too long, so now they're running it on Gara with 2.5 hours. The harder the warframe is to acquire, the better it is for DE, so expect them to make things worse for players as time goes on.

I've been farming for one part for over four days now. And if my luck holds up, I'll be farming for her for a couple weeks more. And all it does is make me not want to play Warframe, so I just log in, hit the bounty, and altF4 when the 5K credits, 100 Endo, or worse, the common mod drops. Can't even be bothered to head back to Cetus.

I am also not going to buy her specifically because I don't want to support this.

Edited by Colyeses

17 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

So i dont know what the actual drop rate is on her parts, but as someone that has been grinding hard for her parts since PoE dropped i ca tell you it is below 5% and no i don't care what the official post says because i don't trust drop rates from DE themselves... is to much incentive to " lie " about them.

Okay, once again the depressing math behind a 7.37% drop chance.

This means you have to do 30 (thirty) bounty 1 bounties to have a 90% chance of at least one drop of Gara's chassi. And it also means you have to run another 30 (thirty) bounty 2 bounties to have a 90% chance of at least one drop of Gara's systems. And you might have guessed it, another 30 (thirty) bounty 3 bounties to have a 90% chance of at least one drop. 

Thirty each is 90 bounties altogether ... to have a 90% chance for a drop. If you want to min-max your time investment I would suggest farming other stuff and buy the frame directly. 

Here is the math behind it: http://wfsoc.larshaendler.com/?percent=7.37

Edited by k05h
added calculator

1 minute ago, Colyeses said:

I'm assuming that henceforth, DE will experiment more with time delays on farming warframes. They tried it with Ne Zha, but 24 hours per try was a bit too long, so now they're running it on Gara with 2.5 hours. The harder the warframe is to acquire, the better it is for DE, so expect them to make things worse for players as time goes on.

But the thing with Nezha was that we could actually trade his parts. 

I don't know what DE wanted for Gara, but if this was the way to push me to buy her - LOL.

PS: Disclaimer - I have bought frames with platinum before - Wu Kong, Ne zha (2 times), Ivara, Harrow, Excalibro. But in this case I am not motivated in any shape or form to purchase Gara.

On 10/19/2017 at 10:23 AM, k05h said:

Okay, once again the depressing math behind a 7.37% drop chance.

This means you have to 30 (thirty) bounty 1 bounties to have a 90% of at least one drop of Gara's chassi. And it also means you have to run another 30 (thirty) bounty 2 bounties to have a 90% chance of at least one drop of Gara's systems. And you might have guessed it, another 30 (thirty) bounty 3 bounties to have a 90% chance of at least one drop. 

Thirty each is 90 bounties altogether ... to have a 90% chance for a drop. If you want to min-max your time investment I would suggest farming other stuff and buy the frame directly. 

Here is the math behind it: http://wfsoc.larshaendler.com/?percent=7.37

Per day, assuming you have literally nothing else going on and need only 7 hours of sleep, you are going to be able to do 6.8 bounties of each tier. Having to do about 30 of them means that it's going to take over four days, literally, to have a 90% chance for those parts. And that's assuming you don't have work, or class, or anything else. Just Warframe.

Don't buy Gara directly or the next frame is going to be even harder to get.

And do not forget, after the hard work of getting the blueprints parts, of how many (and what...) materials we will need to craft it...
Again fishing and mining? I dont want to repeat myself here.
And I do not want to count, I leave to others the pleasure of drawing the real sums, on how many hours we had to devote to this frame.
If God RnG blesses us.

I do not know De's intentions but I know my own: all this story has to change substantially before I even start thinking about getting Gara.

Spend 3 hours grinding Fissures, made enough plat to buy Gara straight up.

As much as I don't like the practice of buying Warframes straight up, i'm not going to waste hours of my time than I have to when there's a far more efficient way to get what I want.

I have been frustrated just like you and I'd really, really like DE to go back to put all the Warframe part blueprints as rewards throughout the quests, but I'm afraid it won't happen.

Since nobody mentioned it in this topic, I want to make sure you all know that you can repeat bounties as often as you want: you won't get Ostron standing after the first time, but you'll always get a reward from the pool. Much better than having to wait 3 hours each time.

2 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

But the thing with Nezha was that we could actually trade his parts. 

I don't know what DE wanted for Gara, but if this was the way to push me to buy her - LOL.

PS: Disclaimer - I have bought frames with platinum before - Wu Kong, Ne zha (2 times), Ivara, Harrow, Excalibro. But in this case I am not motivated in any shape or form to purchase Gara.

Funny thing: I bought Titania. Because I wanted to fly immediately.

But I only bought her, because I KNEW others were guaranteed to get her via the quest anyway. I could rest easy knowing I was not supporting vile practices like the Nezha/Gara grind.

If DE want to time gate, fine. Do it in a way where we earn things over time, but KNOW that we WILL get them. Then, let us pay to speed along/skip the wait.

But this RNG gambling? Nope. This needs to go. 

Two Words: Token System.

Tokens for Sorties. Tokens for Bounties. Maybe rare Token drops on high level missions, Void containers, etc in small numbers.

Then, those tokens can be used to buy frames, lenses, weapons, etc. Still time gates, but eliminate the uncertainty/gambling aspect and let us work toward goals instead.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

2 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

It could be worse. You could get the rarest and most awesome reward in the pool: two morphics.

That "reward" is a slap in the face insult.

Wait till the hype wears off and the reality of the grind sets in. With only 4 repetitive be ubties to run, it won't be long before player numbers crash back to earth.

I feel it already. My Clan has very little positive to say about PoE already. Archwing and the grind really upset folks badly.

36 minutes ago, Forcereborn said:

I have been frustrated just like you and I'd really, really like DE to go back to put all the Warframe part blueprints as rewards throughout the quests, but I'm afraid it won't happen.

Since nobody mentioned it in this topic, I want to make sure you all know that you can repeat bounties as often as you want: you won't get Ostron standing after the first time, but you'll always get a reward from the pool. Much better than having to wait 3 hours each time.

Wait, what? I tried that before and it did not give me anything from the reward pool! Did they change it?

3 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

That "reward" is a slap in the face insult.

Wait till the hype wears off and the reality of the grind sets in. With only 4 repetitive be ubties to run, it won't be long before player numbers crash back to earth.

I feel it already. My Clan has very little positive to say about PoE already. Archwing and the grind really upset folks badly.

I hadn't set foot on the plains for 2 days. Then, yesterday I decided to give it another try and went to Cetus. I went to Konzu, selected bounties, looked at the revised reward pool......."Oh, F¨$&k it, I will go back to the orbiter".
Even if Gara seemed to be most awesome and fun Warframe ever, that stupid grind would make it worth all the trouble. But she doesn't even look that good to begin with. Those bounties are beyong insulting. The rare drop being a morphic, regardless of the level of the bounty, is a kick in the nuts. 

Every update Warframe dips harder and faster into pay to win. They actively shot down suggestions on any payment method to "catch up" with daily login, but then they pull stunts like this. Increasingly, they're just dropping all pretense that this isn't a pay to play/pay to win game.

6 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

I hadn't set foot on the plains for 2 days. Then, yesterday I decided to give it another try and went to Cetus. I went to Konzu, selected bounties, looked at the revised reward pool......."Oh, F¨$&k it, I will go back to the orbiter".
Even if Gara seemed to be most awesome and fun Warframe ever, that stupid grind would make it worth all the trouble. But she doesn't even look that good to begin with. Those bounties are beyong insulting. The rare drop being a morphic, regardless of the level of the bounty, is a kick in the nuts. 

Agreed.

Morphics, Void Traces and credit caches should come off the reward tables.

Credits: PAY US that amount to begin with.

Morphics: insulting

Traces: useless. I no longer care ONE WHIT for the poor end game substitute that is the artificially enforced Prime Part gambling. I'm beyond over the Prime crap.

We should get:

melee weapon part BP

PoE resource caches

New mods

Gara parts

Lenses

Sentient Cores

5 minutes ago, Cortanis said:

Every update Warframe dips harder and faster into pay to win. They actively shot down suggestions on any payment method to "catch up" with daily login, but then they pull stunts like this. Increasingly, they're just dropping all pretense that this isn't a pay to play/pay to win game.

Vicious circle:

Grind drives players away.

Need more money.

Inflate the grind to sell currency.

drive players away.

Need even MORE money.

Rinse and repeat until the servers go dark.

It's the same thing every dead-but-doesnt-know-it-yet free to play travesty is going through.

Gamers hate this business model. With good reason. I'd rather pay a sub for a good quality game without grind gambling than...this.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

1 minute ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Vicious circle:

Grind drives players away.

Need more money.

Inflate the grind to sell currency.

drive players away.

Need even MORE money.

Rinse and repeat until the servers go dark.

It's the same thing every dead-but-doesnt-know-it-yet free to play travesty is going through.

Gamers hate this business model. With good reason. I'd rather pay a sub for a good quality game without grind gambling than...this.

This honestly didn't used to be that way though. I think this travesty of rng gate hostage frames started with Mesa if I remember correctly. The nav coordinates were scare with limited locations to acquire them and even then they were mostly rng. The addition to invasions in a more stable manner helped a lot to fix it, but then DE started getting worse from there. Ivara is actually kind of a breeze to bang out if you know what you're doing, but you're still subject to rng to do it. 

This travesty on the other hand... this is a whole new level of bad.

The topic kinda devolves into something that is... technically not true.
Let me clarify things : when I buy frames with platinum, it is because either I want to keep my sanity, desire to get the frame naow, or to support DE.

In the case of Gara : The means to acquiring her is not nearly as bad as we blow it out of proportion. Out of the "classical" frames - Limbo, Chroma, Mesa, Vauban were a lot worse  - they have worse gating and RNG modifier. 

The reason why I really CBA to deal with Gara is due to... Kinda being boring frame, that does not fit PoE no matter how much Glass puns they can do? Bounties that are exercise in boring/buggy?

Like, let's not devulge into "DE wants us to pay for Gara, hence why she is so annoying to farm"

17 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

The topic kinda devolves into something that is... technically not true.
Let me clarify things : when I buy frames with platinum, it is because either I want to keep my sanity, desire to get the frame naow, or to support DE.

In the case of Gara : The means to acquiring her is not nearly as bad as we blow it out of proportion. Out of the "classical" frames - Limbo, Chroma, Mesa, Vauban were a lot worse  - they have worse gating and RNG modifier. 

The reason why I really CBA to deal with Gara is due to... Kinda being boring frame, that does not fit PoE no matter how much Glass puns they can do? Bounties that are exercise in boring/buggy?

Like, let's not devulge into "DE wants us to pay for Gara, hence why she is so annoying to farm"

But DE wants us to pay for Gara, which IS EXACTLY WHY SHE IS SO ANNOYING TO FARM.

Truth doesn't have to care whether you like it or not. It has that luxury.

Edit: you even admit to buying frames to stay sane. That's literally contradictory of your defense if the Garage grind and it's reasons.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

1 minute ago, BlackCoMerc said:

But DE wants us to pay for Gara, which IS EXACTLY WHY SHE IS SO ANNOYING TO FARM.

Truth doesn't have to care whether you like it or not. It has that luxury.

Edit: you even admit to buying frames to stay sane. That's literally contradictory of your defense if the Garage grind and it's reasons.

You see the issue with Farming Gara (for me) is the bounties. 

They at the current time suck more than a kubrow that has been taken out of the Incubator too early.  

I'll be honest and say, you are not missing too much when it comes to Gara.

Her 1 ability has a very tiny amount of usefulness, basically against infested since they run into melee range.

Her 2 ability is one of the most useful parts of her kit... and only needs intensify to hit its maximum damage resistance threshold. Beyond that you just build for duration. Besides that its a low damage aura effect, but the damage taken increase effect when cast on enemies is also useful.

Her 3 ability has terrible scaling, it will either keep enemies occupied for its entire duration if they are grineer or corpus without any nullifiers, or it gets shattered instantly for low damage.

Her 4 ability tries to compete with snowglobe, in fact its basically IS the old frost snowglobe only enemies cannot enter it and its about a warframe tall so its actually useless on most maps. The recent hotfix that enabled it to stretch down has turned it into something more interesting... in that you use it from the highest point you can to create this distorted impenetrable for enemies wall that is hard to see through. It also tries to be Frost's Avalanche in CCing enemies and making them take more damage once "frozen". However it takes a long time for it to solidify enemies into glass sculptures to shatter. The most neat thing about it is that the user can define just how big they want the circle to be so there is no need to build for reduced range at all. Just duration.

My personal opinion is that her kit needs a rework excluding her second ability. She basically functions like frost only nowhere near as good as him in most cases. She needs a new entire first ability, one that would be good for most any situation, she needs her third ability altered to have better scaling (perhaps make it reflect enemy attacks and is just a invulnerable object for mobs to shoot at), and her fourth ability should be changed to climb UP terrain and solidfy enemies into glass faster. As it's kinda pointless to put this wall up when it phases through stairs and thus the enemy can just walk down them into your ring.

17 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

You see the issue with Farming Gara (for me) is the bounties. 

They at the current time suck more than a kubrow that has been taken out of the Incubator too early.  

Bounties are a huge time sink. With only four mission types, I cannot believe the emphasis placed on them. You can see every mission PiE offers in 30 minutes.

So yeah...can't blame you there. Bounties are extremely repetitive.

DE should have focused on dynamic encounters and scaling free roam. They took closed room missions and shoved them Ubi style into an open world instead, complete with area restriction. 

So yeah...avoid them.

3 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Bounties are a huge time sink. With only four mission types, I cannot believe the emphasis placed on them. You can see every mission PiE offers in 30 minutes.

So yeah...can't blame you there. Bounties are extremely repetitive.

DE should have focused on dynamic encounters and scaling free roam. They took closed room missions and shoved them Ubi style into an open world instead, complete with area restriction. 

So yeah...avoid them.

In closure of this flow :

Gara farm on its own would not be nearly as bad, if bounties were not in the current state of "sad". I don't agree that they (DE) force me to spend plat for Gara, but due to Gara being hostage to a system that needs work (and in all fairness they are working on it), it does look like it.