Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mods

(PSN)Deathscythex01

Why are they only in sorties where you're not even guaranteed to get one? Some can become OP if it rolls right yea but I feel they're not worth the trouble if it's a sortie only reward. 

Make rivens accessible to everyone not just to those that can do the sortie. I'm kinda glad that warframe is the only game on my ps4 that can't update because its gives me time to sit and look at the direction its going and quiet frankly its going the direction of elitism which isnt a good direction to go if you want new/returning players to play your game.  

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Deathscythex01 said:

Why are they only in sorties where you're not even guaranteed to get one? Some can become OP if it rolls right yea but I feel they're not worth the trouble if it's a sortie only reward. 

Make rivens accessible to everyone not just to those that can do the sortie. I'm kinda glad that warframe is the only game on my ps4 that can't update because its gives me time to sit and look at the direction its going and quiet frankly its going the direction of elitism which isnt a good direction to go if you want new/returning players to play your game.  

Given how realistically good Riven are only available if you trade for them with plat I'd call it another direction than elitism. Not quite there yet, but walking a really really fine line imho.

As to Sorties: they aren't fun. Adding Rivens to them didn't fix them: they're still not fun as they weren't fun mechanically (assuming nothing changed with the last patch, that is, haven't played them for quite a while). The main issue is that they are "dailies" in the same way they are implemented in MMOs like WoW: unfun activities you have to do every day just do "keep up" and they reward you with a whole lot of RNG.

The game has been pushing people to play it's way more and more rather than giving people the freedom to play the way they want, when they want, like in the earlier days.

Edited by marelooke

You have options, rivens mean improvement and they are just one in a wide spectrum.

I have no riven for my favorite weapons.

Spoiler

Yesterday i did a sortie, my casual 3 player team started the last corpus spy mission when the time remaining was 3 minutes.

In the last data extraction i had a problem with my controller and his new Silicone Thumb Grips.

I triggered the allarm.

I was killed in my second attempt.

I hacked the consolle when the timer still could betray me exiting the hacking session.

It was funny and we had also a pistol riven!

Imho rivens are a fun thing to chase after when you have nothing to do in the game, and I appreciate the fact that sorties as well as rivens are entirely optionnal, not doing them, or having access to them doesn't prevent the player from accessing or doing anything else in the game.  Also I appreciate the disposition mechanic, it's a nice incentive to try out new weapons. As for riven availability, I can't say because Ive got 3 rivens (Hek, Ignis, Nikana) and never did any sortie. Got two from quests and bought one one the trade channel, because truth is, the best way to get the rivens you actually want is to buy them for plat, which is not a bad thing, because as I said, it's optionnal, not to mention it drives the economy.

6 hours ago, nickelshark said:

So rivens can be powerful, but they should be available to everyone? Nah fam. Rivens were meant to be high tier rewards and should stay that way.

If you can't complete a sortie then get some gear together and a squad to do em. They really aren't that hard.

It's this type of elitist thinking that's going to kill warframe, but hey keep thinking this way is the best/right way to get players to play again because I can assure you it's not. It's going to do the opposite and drive players away.

Finally get an infinite loot system. Limit it to a once a day 25% chance.

Rivens should drop all over the place. What're we gonna do? Find em all and quit?

Remove the mostly lame and annoying unveiling condition and poof - the potential for instantly useful loot from any mission.

It's the loot system the Star Map and Void are BEGGING for.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

4 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Finally get an infinite loot system. Limit it to a once a day 25% chance.

Rivens should drop all over the place. What're we gonna do? Find em all and quit?

Remove the mostly lame and annoying unveiling condition and poof - the potential for instantly useful loot from any mission.

It's the loot system the Star Map and Void are BEGGING for.

If they were available so freely then there would be no reason to trade for them, ergo less plat would be bought. They have basically introduced the market Blizzard removed from Diablo 3...

4 hours ago, marelooke said:

If they were available so freely then there would be no reason to trade for them, ergo less plat would be bought. They have basically introduced the market Blizzard removed from Diablo 3...

This is true.

Note WHY Blizzard removed it. It was...not popular. 

DE is moving in a bad direction here. As more and more gamers grow wise to what RNG loot tables really are - its called "gambling" and the world slowly wakes up to the sorts of underlying mechanics gaming utilize, even companies like Activision are moving away from RNG loot. They know gamers hate it. They know players would much rather work toward concrete goals over  time than gamble on pure luck. Heck, even Blizzard's CCG offers ways to get guaranteed cards, and CCG's never did when they were paper games. In the long run, RNG loot drives away more players than it retains, because players come to loathe having their time wasted, and what you're left with a small cadre of bitter addicts who play your game religiously but wouldnt give it a positive review or friendly word of mouth endorsement if you literally paid them to do so. 

Missions in Warframe should feel rewarding. Should BE rewarding. I just put up another thread because PoE, as an open world, was an utter waste of dev time. All that open space...and exploring it is utterly pointless. The only way to get rewards out of it: To wait for another mission to spawn and force you to stay in an area roughly the size of a small mission tile. Its like we never left the corridors. There is literally neither point nor purpuse to 99% of the game play in Warframe, except to play for its own sake, as past a certain point in the game, you stop receiving any useful reward.

Spreading rivens around the Star Map fixes that. If enemies and containers dropped differerent rarities and power levels of Rivens, every mission would offer something potentially useful. If the nonsense unveiling conditions were removed (at least for low and mid tier Rivens, so that if you got a Veiled one, you KNEW it was a rare, powerful mod) then every mission offers something potentially IMMEDIATELY useful. 

But instead, DE chooses to waste the players time. 

And once that realization sets in - that the open world is a sham with zero reason for open exploration and all four of the missions that actually take place in it gate ALL OF the rewards while taking place in a combined area smaller than a Galleon...it wont be long before player numbers plummet again and DE is left wondering, once again, what they have to do to retain players.

Here is a hint: Stop wasting their time. Give them things to work toward, and useful, fun loot to tinker with, as opposed to gating everything in your game behind multiple grind walls and RNG.