Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PvP Exclusives Sadden Me

DeltaPangaea

So I went on a wiki walk today.

Discovered that the Rumbled mod exists. And is PvP exclusive. And that Mesa's Waltz exists. And is PvP exclusive. Interesting mods which can actually change how an ability is used, and it's confined to the least enticing part of the entire game. For what purpose am I denied?

You make me sad, DE. You make me sad. I wanted to be the mountain.

IF they drop from PvE I don't mind having them be usable PvE too, but making them usable PvE and forcing me to play that PvP thing we have so I can get that mod to use on PvE is a huge NO.

We already had 2 events of forced PvP, hopefully we won't be forced into PvP ever again

9 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

IF they drop from PvE I don't mind having them be usable PvE too, but making them usable PvE and forcing me to play that PvP thing we have so I can get that mod to use on PvE is a huge NO.

We already had 2 events of forced PvP, hopefully we won't be forced into PvP ever again

I agree that it would suck, but it'd still be better than the current state of affairs, which is just a waste.

Just now, DeltaPangaea said:

I agree that it would suck, but it'd still be better than the current state of affairs, which is just a waste.

No it wouldn't. No more forced PvP if you want that thing on your normal gameplay.

Either keep it exclusive or make it obtainable outside PvP.

28 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

No it wouldn't. No more forced PvP if you want that thing on your normal gameplay.

Either keep it exclusive or make it obtainable outside PvP.

PvP is normal gameplay for me. I play one to three matches everyday to keep my skills sharpened. Having content exclusive to specific parts of the game (sorties, syndicates [including Simaris and Conclave], Trials, PoE, etc) is a good thing as it encourages players to go get 'em and experiment all the content.

On the topic. It's been requested many times to make them usable in PvE too. Tear Gas Ash augment could be really good in PvE as blind usually translates into "Finisher opening".

The Stances are very good too and likewise it's been requested.

Last time I asked Rebb why the Conclave augments and stances aren't usable in PvE she went on some bs about them not being balanced for PvE, despite the fact PvE is a broken unbalanced mess anyway and Conclave stuff would be subpar at best.

41 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

PvP is normal gameplay for me. I play one to three matches everyday to keep my skills sharpened. Having content exclusive to specific parts of the game (sorties, syndicates [including Simaris and Conclave], Trials, PoE, etc) is a good thing as it encourages players to go get 'em and experiment all the content.

On the topic. It's been requested many times to make them usable in PvE too. Tear Gas Ash augment could be really good in PvE as blind usually translates into "Finisher opening".

The Stances are very good too and likewise it's been requested.

Last time I asked Rebb why the Conclave augments and stances aren't usable in PvE she went on some bs about them not being balanced for PvE, despite the fact PvE is a broken unbalanced mess anyway and Conclave stuff would be subpar at best.

Sure, good for you, most of the playbase doesn't even want to get close to PvP, so why force them to play it to get a mod? If the mod is only useful in PvP, then we don't care for it.

But, if we are missing something from our gameplay because we don't want to play a different game mode,now that is not cool.

So again, either keep them obtainable only in PvP and useful only in PvP, or make them also obtainable in PvE and useful in PvE.

I would love Mesa's augment for PvE, but not if I'm forced to play PvP to get it.

NO MORE FORCED PvP

Play it if you want and if you like it, enjoy, but don't force ME to play it in order to get the mod I want for PvE.

I mean at the end of the day, I'd rather it be gotten in PvP and be usable anywhere than be locked to PvP where it'll never see the light of day. There's little functional difference between "I'm not getting this mod because I can't use it anywhere else" and "I'm not getting this mod because I don't like what I have to do to get it"

For some people it means the same thing, but others (Like possibly myself) would deal with the PvP to get it. Y'know. Like how one deals with an oozing pustule.

Seriously though just decouple this stuff from PvP entirely. There's no reason for it other than an attempt to try and get people to actually play the mess that is PvP.

Edited by DeltaPangaea

1 hour ago, DeltaPangaea said:

I mean at the end of the day, I'd rather it be gotten in PvP and be usable anywhere than be locked to PvP where it'll never see the light of day. There's little functional difference between "I'm not getting this mod because I can't use it anywhere else" and "I'm not getting this mod because I don't like what I have to do to get it"

For some people it means the same thing, but others (Like possibly myself) would deal with the PvP to get it. Y'know. Like how one deals with an oozing pustule.

Seriously though just decouple this stuff from PvP entirely. There's no reason for it other than an attempt to try and get people to actually play the mess that is PvP.

Well, you wouldn't actually be forced to deal with PvP if you don't like it. The thing most people of the "if it can be used in PvE it should be obtainable in PvE" crowd often forget or dismiss is that the mods are completely tradable and some of them dirt-cheap to get anyway. I mean, if I like a weapon a Syndicate I don't like has in it's table, I can swallow my pride and work for them or I can just trade for them. Same principle goes for Arcanes, what if I don't like Trials? I can just trade for them. What if I don't like Sorties? I can trade for Rivens. etc etc etc.