Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mass Vitrify Possible Bug

Kutsus

if I see correctly, you are in the Hydron tileset on Sedna, which has the pod on an elevator.

If that's the case, I think the enemies are simply jumping inside as the glass is not in their way

To put it simply, it's like if you put a box on a ground level vs if you dig a hole and put the box inside. In the first, the walls of the box are an obtacole, in the second, they are not because you are already over them

I hope it's clear what I mean

3 minutes ago, TheGoodDarius said:

if I see correctly, you are in the Hydron tileset on Sedna, which has the pod on an elevator.

If that's the case, I think the enemies are simply jumping inside as the glass is not in their way

To put it simply, it's like if you put a box on a ground level vs if you dig a hole and put the box inside. In the first, the walls of the box are an obtacole, in the second, they are not because you are already over them

I hope it's clear what I mean

The wall is clearly in their way as i casted it high up... Watch the video again.

You are right, then I guess it has something to do with the "jump" animation

In order to allow the NPCs to move around the map, the game basically "teleports" them, and in some way that makes them surpass the glass wall

You should test it with a larger Mass vitrify to see if they still do that or are blocked as they should

Yeah looks like the wall stops the ai but doesn't physically exist as a wall. Probably for the same reason we can walk through it. When an enemy is engaged in a movement animation when the wall is positioned in the right spot they will still try to jump down but land forward far enough to go through the wall. 

In this case it wouldn't matter if the wall is 1000 ft tall because the ai is not trying to pass the wall but trying to get down to the lower level. Bypassing the wall is just a strange example of non defined end results being applied to a situation.

Ancients also bypass the wall because their reach animation extends through it. Wall stops the pathing but the ai is still programmed to perform certain actions that don't give a hoot about pathing.

Edited by Leqesai

17 minutes ago, zornyan said:

Enemies can be pulled through wall, had a nidus earlier and his 2 pulled every enemy through the wall into its spawn.

So it seems the wall isn't an actual wall after all. 

Good to know.

I believe this is how atlas's  rock thing works too. It disrupts the pathing of enemies but isn't an actual structure with collision (outside of bullet collision). 

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

So it seems the wall isn't an actual wall after all. 

Good to know.

I believe this is how atlas's  rock thing works too. It disrupts the pathing of enemies but isn't an actual structure with collision (outside of bullet collision). 

Few other notes

it blocks kuva clouds (place around the machine and it can’t pass through wall) 

some enemies do big through the wall, albeit rarely, I did an interception earlier and had some 40+ enemies stuck outside the wall for the whole duration with no one passing through.

15 minutes ago, zornyan said:

Few other notes

it blocks kuva clouds (place around the machine and it can’t pass through wall) 

some enemies do big through the wall, albeit rarely, I did an interception earlier and had some 40+ enemies stuck outside the wall for the whole duration with no one passing through.

Makes sense. Kuva clouds use enemy pathing AI to get around.

It would be worth noting whether or not atlas's rock walls mess with kuva pathing too.

4 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Makes sense. Kuva clouds use enemy pathing AI to get around.

It would be worth noting whether or not atlas's rock walls mess with kuva pathing too.

Doubtful, kuva seems able to make small adjustments to pathing from what I’ve seen, the wall probably isn’t big enough to block it completely.

4 hours ago, zornyan said:

Doubtful, kuva seems able to make small adjustments to pathing from what I’ve seen, the wall probably isn’t big enough to block it completely.

but if you had a group of atlas that walled up the area around the kuva siphon (maybe the main paths or an area directly next to the siphon) would it work? I wonder...

Kuva floats so maybe it floats over the wall... not sure.