Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What other Eidolons would you want?

(PSN)CommanderC2121

Im sure many people would agree with me when I say that the Eidolon boss fight is the best boss in the game currently. Its fun, mechanically challenging, and can be rewarding. Besides all the bugs present (my first Eidolon fight ended with the thing falling through the world at 1% hp) this fight is well implemented and enjoyable. 

Sadly, its the only one...currently. I know not whether DE plan to make more fights, but lets say they do. What are some of your ideas for Eidolons? 

My friend (whos been watching me play PoE lately) also brought up a good point. PoE was sold as a "anyone can play at day, new players want to run at night" but currently, this is not really the case. Sure, the vombulysts are a slight pain, but they can be shot still and regain their shells elsewhere without regaining aggro. Meanwhile, the Eidolon is much like a bee. If you dont bother it, it leaves you alone. PoE needs to be scarier. 

Imagine a new Eidolon type that is a bit smaller, but much more nimble. An assasin Eidolon you might say. A very quick boss, maybe half the size of the normal Eidolon that cloak maybe? Imagine running around or flying and seeing on the ground a line of dust as something fast is rushing across the ground towards a grineer encampment. Imagine how the fight would be if the boss, instead of using only AoE designed to push you away, attacked with more precise attacks. Imagine a fight where its you who gets surprised. 

Just curious on your ideas. 

Something that looks like a sentient rib cage with 2 little legs that drags itself across the plains, maybe have a small island on its back.

Shorter than the teralyst, but much wider and longer. I guess for an attack it could shoot some laser beam from the gaping hole in its front 

Edited by Rogue_Striker

talking of the fight, it would be cool to have an eidolon more similar to the jackal. I mean, he has some weakpoint in his body, covered by an operator removable shield to remove for each single weakpoint so that you can shoot that point, and with maybe some changes in the attack/moving pattern based on the order with which you destroy the points

3 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

talking of the fight, it would be cool to have an eidolon more similar to the jackal. I mean, he has some weakpoint in his body, covered by an operator removable shield to remove for each single weakpoint so that you can shoot that point, and with maybe some changes in the attack/moving pattern based on the order with which you destroy the points

I want to fight a bomber.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

Aqualyst

Aerolyst

Pyrolyst

Cryolyst

Toxilyst

this is more along the lines of what I was thinking as well. I doubt these fighters would have alt appearances, as I get the feeling that the "Teralyst" is a class of sentient. But there could be different classes that they sent to fight which can still fall under the "eidolon" umbrella. a good start for me would be something with eight legs.

eight legs or bust.

I think they should be modular (This is what I initially though when I saw the first Eidolon with different arms and some sort of link between body and limbs).

Maybe the differents parts be :

• Body : Affect the weakness/resistances, main loots and if we go a bit far, we can imagine it also change drones that help him and give various debuff auras.
  • Legs (both are always same) : affect how it move and may add some attacks (such as shockwave jump).
  • Left arm : Define most attacks of the Eidolon.
  • Right arm : Same than left arm.

Additionnaly to this, destroying a link could add some debuff to the limb attached to it, forcing some strategy to destroy them in a certain ordrer.

Edited by lukinu_u

A lobster looking one!

• Has many many legs
  • One claw deal Slash/Puncture damage, the bigger claw deals Impact damage
  • Weakpoints are Tip of the Tail, a Spot on the Back, and a joint on each Claw
  • Thumps its tail to send shockwaves (much like the current one does)
  • "Spits" the homing energy balls from its mouth (making bubbles!)

Nekrolyst.

A mid sized Eidolon that forms itself a new body from scavening Grineer cybernetics.

Base form would be a 6 legged spiderlike creature who's main body is the open circular structure with the energy orb, we see on the different Sentients. Around those would be floating little legs and an abdomen.

When Vay Hek send his Tusks onto the plains and willingly had them fight Eidolons, this Sentient got attracted by the resulting carnage and scavenged the dead Tusks for their anorganic bodies. Forming itself a shell and stronger limbs from them.

It now walks on two legs and has 4 arms, all made from mixed Grineer cybernetics. It's body is covered armor shells and masks. To attack it uses various Grineer weapons, some supercharged with Sentient energy.

To fight it you would be faced with a reversed Teralyst. It has an armor health bar first and a tiny shield healthbar second. To get to the spider Sentient inside you need to strip the armor and then destroy the shield with the Operator attack.

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

I think they should be modular (This is what I initially though when I saw the first Eidolon with different arms and some sort of link between body and limbs).

Maybe the differents parts be :

• Body : Affect the weakness/resistances, main loots and if we go a bit far, we can imagine it also change drones that help him and give various debuff auras.
  • Legs (both are always same) : affect how it move and may add some attacks (such as shockwave jump).
  • Left arm : Define most attacks of the Eidolon.
  • Right arm : Same than left arm.

Additionnaly to this, destroying a link could add some debuff to the limb attached to it, forcing some strategy to destroy them in a certain ordrer.

This would be really cool actually. Imagine having multiple spawn in a night and having to be wary of one because its getting to close to the current fight or something

44 minutes ago, Othergrunty said:

Nekrolyst.

A mid sized Eidolon that forms itself a new body from scavening Grineer cybernetics.

Base form would be a 6 legged spiderlike creature who's main body is the open circular structure with the energy orb, we see on the different Sentients. Around those would be floating little legs and an abdomen.

When Vay Hek send his Tusks onto the plains and willingly had them fight Eidolons, this Sentient got attracted by the resulting carnage and scavenged the dead Tusks for their anorganic bodies. Forming itself a shell and stronger limbs from them.

It now walks on two legs and has 4 arms, all made from mixed Grineer cybernetics. It's body is covered armor shells and masks. To attack it uses various Grineer weapons, some supercharged with Sentient energy.

To fight it you would be faced with a reversed Teralyst. It has an armor health bar first and a tiny shield healthbar second. To get to the spider Sentient inside you need to strip the armor and then destroy the shield with the Operator attack.

This would be cool to see

For me at least, it would be awesome a flying Sentient, a huge one, with Eagle like behaviour patterns,a flying predator able to dive down from the dark of the night over a unsuspecting Tenno, trying to tear it apart with sharp talons, while the Tenno itself wonders why everything got suddenly dark, without realizing the dangerous shadow that is blocking the light right over it.

Being atracted to lights in the night, a somewhat big number of spirit Vomvalyst or charged lures might drive this night hunter to certain locations.

Also, a marine eidolon, resembling a huge mechanic fish, similar to the big fish related by onkko on that myth, would be another interesting fight, but maybe when DE adds Sharkwing to be able to dive after it  (they could also make it able to jump and move around solid ground, similar to submarine monsters on Monster Hunter, or even traversing the plains by floating)

The way to bait this monster for it to appear would be using dyes on water and killing an average number of fishes, what might drive it to appear close to the oceanic shores, attracted by the blood in the water and the flashing fishes. It wouldn't be fair to make a huge monster interrupt fishers though, so the way to provoke it should be using the harpoon on it, so it gets mads and jump in to try to squish you under its enormous weight

Edited by Xolot