Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Farming Guide

SagePlaysGames

Introduction

Hello, my name is sage and this guide should help explain how some people can fit 4-5 kills every night after Shield Disruption nerf. First up there are 2 ways to kill an Eidolon; the first way is to just use you operator to down the Eidolon's shields and kill it but this way you will receive 4 exceptional cores, Eidolon Shard, and a few intact cores. The Optimal way to kill an Eidolon is to use Eidolon Lures. They look like Grineer Drones and they spawn a few seconds after the Grineer alarm. These require charges and you can get these charges from killing Vomvalysts These are the small Eidolons that drop Intact cores, they require 3 Vomvalysts kills to fully charge them. You will need at least 2 lure in order to optimally kill an eidolon. So the way people get 4-5 kills every night cycle is squad composition; The optimal squad composition is Oberon, 2 Trinity, and Octavia. 

Oberon

The Oberon will be responsible with buffing the squad will Smite Infusion augment mod because the Eidolon is susceptible to radiation damage. So you want to build Oberon for power Max strength and Duration; the higher the power strength the faster you kill the eidolon. This is my Oberon Build, I think you can add a little bit more power strength but it can already kill an eidolon limb in a few seconds.

Warframe0074.jpg

Trinity

The two Trinity's job is to make sure the lures don't die and when the Eidolon does the meteor shower attack everyone will be blessed. The reasons for 2 bless instead of 1 ev and 1 bless is because EV works a little bit strange on the Vomvalysts. When you EV the Vomvalysts and it goes into the Ghost form you and your team will not get the energy so it is much reliable to spam energy restore pads. This is currently my Bless build :

Warframe0075.jpg

Octavia

Octavia is the second buffer her job is similar to Oberon and it is to buff the squad's damage. I don't play a lot of Octavia but I believe all you have to do is drop your Amp and Metronome. This is currently my Octavia buff build but you can add more power strength to improve your results:

Warframe0076.jpg

Stage 1 Eidolon

When the host leaves out of the Door he/she will immediately spawn an arching and fly to the eidolon's location while the rest of the team is loading in. A person from the group must go around and find the 2 closest Eidolon lures, then Bring the Eidolon Lures back to the Eidolon. On the way to the eidolon if you see any Vomvalysts make sure to kill it to charge. The rest of the team will start working on the Eidolon's shields. if you do it fast enough by the time the Eidolon lures reach the eidolon his shields should be down and all of his limbs should be relatively low health. Proceed to destroy one of the limbs and pick up the Exceptional core. (tips: make sure when the Eidolon Pulses his magnetic proc you are in your operator form and in void mode)

Stage 2 Eidolon

If you did stage 1 correctly the Eidolon should not teleport and continue to work on his shields. kill off a limb once his shields are down, make sure the 2 Trinity bless when Eidolon does his AoE attacks such as the ground slams and meteor shower. Repeat this stage until 3 limbs are down.

Stage 3 Eidolon

At this point, you must make sure the 2 lures are still alive and fully charged. Then destroy his shields and kill off a limb make sure the lures are close enough to the Eidolon. if you did everything correctly Onkko should tell you "sentient energy fully contained..." Proceed to destroy the incoming Vomvalysts using your operator. (tips: during this phase make sure to kill the Vomvalysts that are coming to the eidolon since the more that come to the eidolon the more it gets healed, also make sure to pick up the exceptional Eidolon cores.

Stage 4 Eidolon

This is the final stage and the easiest stage, your Oberon will give everyone radiation damage buff, Octavia will drop her amp and metronome and the two Trinity will bless to keep everyone alive and the lures alive as well. Aim for the head for extra damage (still not sure if you can get the headshot on Eidolons) and you should kill it in 1 second. (tips: Bring an Itzal Archwing as its 4th ability will suck all the Eidolon cores, Eidolon Shards, and Brilliant Eidolon Shards.) (tip2: if you want to get 4-5 kills make sure you get all the pickups fast and fly back to the gate asap stay in Cetus host will leave squad go back into the plains and reinvite everyone repeat stage 1 after this. 

Weapon recommendations

I recommend the use of Puncture crit weapons, currently, snipers work wonders against Eidolons; Vectis prime, Opticor, Lanka, Lex prime, ETC. Make sure everyone in the squad is building for crit and radiation damage and if you have an Adarza Kavat bring it too because of the crit chance buff.

If you follow all the steps above you should get a lot of Shards:

Warframe0077.jpg

Edit: im not saying this is an optimal squad build, its optimal for me cause I used it over 20 times now I just want to crunch the numbers to see how fast we can kill an eidolon. 

Edited by SagePlaysGames
typo

27 minutes ago, Volkeris said:

Or just go Limbo, Chroma, Oberon and Harrow. Much better combo.

I tried this combo with randoms it was horrible lol. Chroma needs to take damage and only him gets the damage buff while Oberon will give everyone other than himself a 300% extra radiation damage which means more DPS overall. Harrow is good but a bless Trinity is almost required by the third stage if you don't want the lures to die. Limbo I don't see a use for him since you can go in operator void mode and be immune to damage.

38 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Personally I find Harrow does a better job as a buff than oberon as his ult can give massive crit boosts for dps weapons like lanka.

Harrow gives a 50% crit chance increase but the thing is I found Adarza kavat does the same job; it gives everyone +60% crit chance increase

41 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Or use chroma instead of Oberon, cause a good chroma build can one-shot the limbs. 

Im a chroma main so I tried this first when I fought the eidolon my chroma is Optimal build with a set of arcane grace and arcane aegis (tactical potato's build) but I found that chroma buff while its good an Oberon is better 

2 minutes ago, -Trey- said:

Chroma + Trin to heal lures. Duo squad.

Eventually 2 other people with any frame and crafted amps to deal with shields faster.

It's all you need.

I already crafted the Grenade launcher amps its good but chroma is not as good as Oberon. Here the numbers chroma gives "himself" a 400% damage buff but an Oberon will give everyone except himself 300% damage increase. so you can see it deals a lot more damage overall 

Edited by SagePlaysGames

5 minutes ago, SagePlaysGames said:

I tried this combo with randoms it was horrible lol. Chroma needs to take damage and only him gets the damage buff while Oberon will give everyone other than himself a 300% extra radiation damage which means more DPS overall. Harrow is good but a bless Trinity is almost required by the third stage if you don't want the lures to die. Limbo I don't see a use for him since you can go in operator void mode and be immune to damage.

You got the whole combo wrong. Chroma deals with the synovias alone, Limbo rifts the lures, Oberon heals the squad and Harrow buffs and protects the squad. And it's your problem for going with randoms, I go with my friends and everything goes fine.

Just now, Volkeris said:

You got the whole combo wrong. Chroma deals with the synovias alone, Limbo rifts the lures, Oberon heals the squad and Harrow buffs and protects the squad. And it's your problem for going with randoms, I go with my friends and everything goes fine.

like I said in previous, Oberon's buff makes everyone in the squad a damage dealer it will kill the eidolon literally in a second i run this with a premade group (all running radiation vectis prime) we kill it so fast we got 5 kills in a night with 6 mins till dawn 

3 minutes ago, SagePlaysGames said:

I already crafted the Grenade launcher amps its good but chroma is not as good as Oberon. Here the numbers chroma gives "himself" a 400% damage buff but an Oberon will give everyone except himself 300% damage increase. so you can see it deals a lot more damage overall 

Yes, chroma only buffs himself and then 1 shots limbs. You don't need more dmg than that.

1 minute ago, -Trey- said:

Yes, chroma only buffs himself and then 1 shots limbs. You don't need more dmg than that.

how much damage multiplier does your chroma have ?

Warframe0078.jpg

Warframe0079.jpg

this is my chroma build with a set of arcane grace and arcane aegis 

Edited by SagePlaysGames

1 minute ago, SagePlaysGames said:

how much damage multiplier does your chroma have ?

400%+

Actually even maxed buffer rhino with good weapon and great riven is enough of a dps to pop limb almost instantly. With Chroma you can literally 1 shot it using opticor + good riven+radiation.

I am more interested about dealing with the shields. Before the aura nerf, I was able to consistently get 3 kills per night with 3 friends. Once we deal with shields there are many options to kill him quickly, I've never had problem with that, but the shields are a pain. We don't have the best amp but I have seen it in a video and honestly, I feel like there is no way of removing the shields in a reasonably short amount of time. Is there any tip for that?

7 hours ago, HawkingsESP said:

I am more interested about dealing with the shields. Before the aura nerf, I was able to consistently get 3 kills per night with 3 friends. Once we deal with shields there are many options to kill him quickly, I've never had problem with that, but the shields are a pain. We don't have the best amp but I have seen it in a video and honestly, I feel like there is no way of removing the shields in a reasonably short amount of time. Is there any tip for that?

I found that the basic amp deals way to little damage on the amount of energy i havent tried the semi auto or shotgun prisms i tried the granmu grenade launcher it was very energy efficient and it can kill the small eidolons very easily, as for my scafold i used the pencha and clarpka for my brace for more ammo since im running with zenurik passives. 

8 hours ago, HawkingsESP said:

1st amp you build has an alt attack that can score 3-5 hits on Eidolon if you aim for the crotch, thats how I strip his shield solo.