Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission reward choice

Fractalisomega

I know this is a radical thought to a totally RNG system.... but what if at the end of a mission you were give the power chose your reward?

Too strong? Ok how about if you were given just 2 or 3 random items from the pool to choose from..... lets say you got unlucky on the Sortie of the day and got the Silver reward pool: you'd have a choice of the Kuva, Endo, or the three day booster.

Why am I bringing this up.... well it certainly makes it more enjoyable for the players when they get something they can use..... If you have 100,000 Kuva then getting that reward is kinda pointless.... but you might have more use for a booster or Endo.

People have lives and getting a 3 day booster can end up a non-reward since they might have the next three days booked with classes, projects, work, family, etc etc etc... and because the reward automatically activates the moment you finish the mission you can't save it for days you aren't busy.

There are numerous reasons.... PoE made this far more glaring.... finishing up 5 mini-missions and getting a relic you already have 5 of is frustrating... it feels like you are getting cheated by the people you are trying to help...

You get to ask of me whatever you want and I have to comply but not the other way around.... "You pay me in red, I pay you in silver"  no no no... you pay me in garbage.... I'm not working for that pay.

I don't agree with this for the sorties because the reward pool is too small and there are clear choices. 

However, it might be good in bounties, but its more like the relic system where you can roll the same reward for the 3 choices. I would prefer a mod instead of another Gara part if I already have her. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Deathscythex01 said:

The player doesn't get to choose their reward hence the player doesn't have a choice its all RNG.

I mean, if this suggestion was placed in the sorties there would be clear choices. For example if you rolled an a riven, 6,000 kuva, and 4,000 endo. I'm sure most people would choose the "common" riven drop over the 2 "uncommon" rolls. Since the other 2 you can farm, but the riven you can't

Compare that to the drops in the bounties where if you roll an eidolon lens BP, 2x Cetus Wisp, and 5x breath of eidolon. The choice would be dependent on what the player needs at the moment. 

20 hours ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

I mean, if this suggestion was placed in the sorties there would be clear choices. For example if you rolled an a riven, 6,000 kuva, and 4,000 endo. I'm sure most people would choose the "common" riven drop over the 2 "uncommon" rolls. Since the other 2 you can farm, but the riven you can't

Compare that to the drops in the bounties where if you roll an eidolon lens BP, 2x Cetus Wisp, and 5x breath of eidolon. The choice would be dependent on what the player needs at the moment. 

I said that you'd get the choice of any item in the reward pool... which for Sorties is currently divided into: Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Legenday

Suppose they get the GOLD / RARE reward pool.... a built Forma or Exilus might be extremely valuable to some players while a Catalyst or Reactor would be more useful to others....

For Sorties I suppose that it could be shrunk down a bit to only two choices.... suppose you get the COMMON reward pool... it could end up any riven type (shotgun, pistol, rifle, or melee) or the Ayatan as the pair of possible rewards.

But that isn't my only complaint....

3-day boosters..... the reason I despise these is because they automatically activate. You can't say that you are going to save it for the weekend when you have more time to yourself... I have a life; the boost is nice but unlike the rest of the rewards this won't be fully used if you're busy the next 3 days.

On 10/21/2017 at 10:12 AM, Fractalisomega said:

I said that you'd get the choice of any item in the reward pool... which for Sorties is currently divided into: Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Legenday

Suppose they get the GOLD / RARE reward pool.... a built Forma or Exilus might be extremely valuable to some players while a Catalyst or Reactor would be more useful to others....

For Sorties I suppose that it could be shrunk down a bit to only two choices.... suppose you get the COMMON reward pool... it could end up any riven type (shotgun, pistol, rifle, or melee) or the Ayatan as the pair of possible rewards.

So.. when you get common you have a choice between the common rewards. I have changed my mind. I don't like this at all. Yes, it is very convenient. But RNG is what keeps a lot of players playing. AND as I have said before, there clear choices in the reward table. Pretty sure that everytime you roll a common reward you'd choose the rivens. This would dilute the market of rivens and drive the prices down lessening their value. This would also cause more people to cry about their riven caps.

As for exilus, forma and the potatoes. Since you can farm for the exilus and the forma, everyone would choose to get one of the potatoes. That would dramatically reduce the plat sales of  these items. This is one of the top selling items in the market and is one of the main item that DE profits from. 

I guess the uncommon rewards are the rewards where there aren't clear choices. 

5 hours ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

So.. when you get common you have a choice between the common rewards. I have changed my mind. I don't like this at all. Yes, it is very convenient. But RNG is what keeps a lot of players playing. AND as I have said before, there clear choices in the reward table. Pretty sure that everytime you roll a common reward you'd choose the rivens. This would dilute the market of rivens and drive the prices down lessening their value. This would also cause more people to cry about their riven caps.

As for exilus, forma and the potatoes. Since you can farm for the exilus and the forma, everyone would choose to get one of the potatoes. That would dramatically reduce the plat sales of  these items. This is one of the top selling items in the market and is one of the main item that DE profits from. 

I guess the uncommon rewards are the rewards where there aren't clear choices. 

Well if you only have 2 choices (out of say... 4 or 5 items) it's still very RNG

On 10/23/2017 at 5:46 AM, xXDeadsinxX said:

Would be nice to see the Token System added into sorties. The RNG in sorties is broken.

This. Why hasnt DE put the token system for sorties in yet? Wait I know because they wont make any money off of it. Such a shame warframe could have been a great game if DE didnt waste the players time and start down the path of elitism. What a waste.

On 10/23/2017 at 8:46 AM, xXDeadsinxX said:

Would be nice to see the Token System added into sorties. The RNG in sorties is broken.

I like this idea

On 10/24/2017 at 5:25 PM, (PS4)Deathscythex01 said:

This. Why hasnt DE put the token system for sorties in yet? Wait I know because they wont make any money off of it. Such a shame warframe could have been a great game if DE didnt waste the players time and start down the path of elitism. What a waste.

Why shouldn't they? Spend plat on a BP to craft a token that takes 24 hours to build (unrushable).... paying players can get their "Select Sortie" items twice as fast (if they pay)

Edited by Fractalisomega

5 hours ago, (PS4)Deathscythex01 said:

Now you're just going down an even more game killing path of pay to play/ pay to win.

*shrug*

You was the one saying DE won't do it cause they can't make money off of it.... I come up with a way for them to make money and you complain 'bout that. 

As for the idea, it's a 24 hour BP that can't be rushed. Cut Riven mods out of the pool and make it so that buying access to each "pool" costs 15 tokens more than the previous price.

3 hours ago, Fractalisomega said:

*shrug*

You was the one saying DE won't do it cause they can't make money off of it.... I come up with a way for them to make money and you complain 'bout that. 

As for the idea, it's a 24 hour BP that can't be rushed. Cut Riven mods out of the pool and make it so that buying access to each "pool" costs 15 tokens more than the previous price.

You missed that I was being sarcastic when I said that. Although its probably the truth. The issue here is that the player has no choice on what they get from sorties in which almost 100% of the time the players time and effort is wasted making players not want to do the sorties at all meaning the sortie is useless.

DE is making enough money from people buying the prime packs and plat anymore and it will turn into a pay to play/pay to win game which WILL kill it. DE doesn't want that but then again they only listen to what the PC players want and not the entire community as a whole wants. In the long run warframe IS going to die if DE doesn't start listening to the ENTIRE community not just the PC community.