Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Orokin and Infested Factions Should be Reworked

(PSN)Ownagecat

I acknowledge that this idea would take a significant amount of time to develop and would likely come after The Sacrifice, but I would still like this idea to be visited eventually.

Infested missions don't make sense. In infested missions there are both infested grineer and infested corpus machines on the same tile. This is especially confusing in the orokin derelict and grineer tiles. What I propose is that infested have different enemy types depending on the tile set. Eris should have infested corpus crewmen(runners) and moas(mutalist moas) but not have infested grineer(chargers). New infested enemies should be made for grineer and orokin derelict tile sets and take on the faction's unique characteristics. Infested grineer tiles should have infested enemies with more armor and slow yet powerful attacks just like how the corpus mutalist machines have sweeping aoe attacks. The orokin derelict should have unique enemies that could take on the look of the trees that grow throughout the ships(It might conflict with lore but they would look pretty cool) or be infested orokin tech.

The orokin faction should be changed to have new and unique enemies but should ultimately still feel like the merging of the grineer and corpus factions seeing as both came from the orokin in some way. Their should be a surplus of gold plated machines and pristine orokin tech. The only orokin enemies to even look any different are the shield osprey's and the turrets. This could even work into the reworked derelicts by giving them infested versions of reworked void enemies.

Honestly i would be fine with just model re skins but seeing an infested grineer on Eris looks plain weird and breaks immersion. I also made the same post on reddit.

The one about the grineer and corpus is reasonable but the orokin is are pretty much all dead.

Spoiler

Some orokin like the oldest grineer queen is an orokin that has moved to new bodies each time one decayed. Teshin is also a orokin but im not sure how he managed to survive for so long.

That being said the only way there is going to be a new orokin type enemy is if they come in contact with the orokin control towers or be like Vor and somehow become part of a void key.

Spoiler

Or a orokin with advanced knowledge of some sort was able to create a new type of enemy or is the new enemy

2 hours ago, harbingerofdawn said:

The one about the grineer and corpus is reasonable but the orokin is are pretty much all dead.

Reveal hidden contents

Some orokin like the oldest grineer queen is an orokin that has moved to new bodies each time one decayed. Teshin is also a orokin but im not sure how he managed to survive for so long.

That being said the only way there is going to be a new orokin type enemy is if they come in contact with the orokin control towers or be like Vor and somehow become part of a void key.

Reveal hidden contents

Or a orokin with advanced knowledge of some sort was able to create a new type of enemy or is the new enemy

What I meant was for there to just be orokin machines not live orokin soldiers. There could be corrupted corpus and grineer but not have them make up the majority of the enemies.