Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Possible Amp Combination

Rixuel

Haven't gotten the highest tier yet, how ever I hear that the top tier is great vs the teralyst, not great against the voms. Near as I can understand, they aren't "tiers" just different styles. You have the first one, sniper, second is shotgun, third is grenade. Sniper is a good middle ground between taking out voms and the teralyst, with shotgun being more for the voms and grenade being more focused on the teralyst.

In short, play what you want, there is no "best amp".

35 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

Haven't gotten the highest tier yet, how ever I hear that the top tier is great vs the teralyst, not great against the voms. Near as I can understand, they aren't "tiers" just different styles. You have the first one, sniper, second is shotgun, third is grenade. Sniper is a good middle ground between taking out voms and the teralyst, with shotgun being more for the voms and grenade being more focused on the teralyst.

In short, play what you want, there is no "best amp".

I'm going to have to agree with most of this. They aren't really designed to be better but different. Everything has pretty significantly noticeable strengths and weaknesses and they seem to be designing towards play style preference rather than "This is the best".

Though I'd say the Sniper may be better for Vombas with their low health and ability to appear at range in the Eidolon fight and that the Shotgun is better all around weapon because one shot will hit the Teralyst multiple times and can hit multiple Vombas. Haven't used the Granade launcher yet, so can't comment on that personally.

Edited by Ceryk

depends what you prefer,

PRISM:

Granmu prism :T3 pimary Grenade launcer has best crits and decent explosion so can trigger multiple hits (only one crit per grenade though)

Shwaak prism :T2 pimary plasma shotgun with punch through so you can hit multiple spots on his body in one shot.

Raplak :T1 primary sniper seems to be a bit on the weaker side (I don't personally own this one just conversation with people that do)

SCAFFOLD:

Klebrik scaffold: T3 altfire link aimbot. Very good for taking out vombalyst since you don't have to actually aim directly at them. about as strong or slightly weaker than default amp damage wise.

Shraksun scaffold: T2 ?? not enough data to be conclusive above would love if someone could give me a rundown.

Pencha scaffold : T1 0.8 second charge mini opticor version.

BRACE

t3 lohrin more crit chance (very little not worth it atm, but might possibly be bugged)

t2 juttni faster recharge start for amp ammo (1 second instead of 2)

t1 clapka extra ammo for amp (20 I believe)

Edited by iTrust

My plan is to build 2.

one raplak sniper with pencha secondary opticor charge shot and juttni for faster charge.

One shwaak plasma shotgun with shraksun secondary flak and lohrin for more crit(hope its bugged)

I like to engage targets from afar so that will most likely be my default and the second version for elmo hunts

4 hours ago, iTrust said:

Shraksun scaffold: T2 ?? not enough data to be conclusive above would love if someone could give me a rundown.

Shraksun Scaffold is essentially a shorter range higher damage Aoe explosive Shwaak Prisim minus the Punchthrough and can cause self damage.

Edited by McDuffMan

Once I've got a good enough Lanka to go Teralyst hunting, my current planned build is like this. Note that I also have Madurai as my Focus school.

Prism: Shwaak. Since with a Lanka I'm planning on being some distance away from the Teralyst, I'll only have to worry about Vomvalysts that might try to shoot me down. The shotgun-like mechanic of the Shwaak is perfect for that.

Scaffold: Pencha. This is more of a fun-based choice on my part. It may take some practice to get used to it, but I feel that the Opticor-like function of this Scaffold is pretty powerful.

Brace: For me it's either Juttni or Lohrin. On one hand, a reduced delay on recharging my energy pool is pretty useful, but recall that I use Madurai, whose passives both increase your Void Beam energy and the recharge rate (rate, not delay). Lohrin sounds useful because it can increase my crit chance, but I'm also not really planning on being up next to a Teralyst with a sniper, just keeping Vomvalysts away from me.

TL;DR: Shwaak, Pencha, Juttni/Lohrin.

I wonder how practical a crew of snipers would be. Would everyone be able to practically snipe in operator, then frame when shields are down? I feel like I'm not thinking about something...

Edited by Altre
Spelling

1 hour ago, Valathreon said:

Once I've got a good enough Lanka to go Teralyst hunting, my current planned build is like this. Note that I also have Madurai as my Focus school.

Prism: Shwaak. Since with a Lanka I'm planning on being some distance away from the Teralyst, I'll only have to worry about Vomvalysts that might try to shoot me down. The shotgun-like mechanic of the Shwaak is perfect for that.

Scaffold: Pencha. This is more of a fun-based choice on my part. It may take some practice to get used to it, but I feel that the Opticor-like function of this Scaffold is pretty powerful.

Brace: For me it's either Juttni or Lohrin. On one hand, a reduced delay on recharging my energy pool is pretty useful, but recall that I use Madurai, whose passives both increase your Void Beam energy and the recharge rate (rate, not delay). Lohrin sounds useful because it can increase my crit chance, but I'm also not really planning on being up next to a Teralyst with a sniper, just keeping Vomvalysts away from me.

TL;DR: Shwaak, Pencha, Juttni/Lohrin.

That's the one I made. :) I like the fast recharge so I can spam all the things. You could also just use Naramon if you wanna crit constantly. 

well they all give mastery after you gild em so might as well craft them all. (pretty sure the prism type determines the mastery but don't hold me on that)

I have all the amps and collected 9,000 mastery after gilding.

Personal preference is shotgun prism, Sniper scaffold, and recharge brace (Crit chance brace is bugged doesn't do anything to my amp)

14 hours ago, iTrust said:

I'm using it. It's short-range AoE explosion of decent area of effect, can cause self-damage. Liking it a lot, can blow up a whole flock of vombalysts with one shot.

I have no idea what "Raidens purple plasma laser" is

But for me the Raplak Prism is rather disappointing. Low damage, and almost unforgiving in how small the beam is and the accuracy required.  While the Pencha is a nice beasts to have when you need to deal out damage  Really like hiding in void mode while it chated and "Decloaking" to dish out a shot

On 20/10/2017 at 11:41 PM, Altre said:

I wonder how practical a crew of snipers would be. Would everyone be able to practically snipe in operator, then frame when shields or down? I feel like I'm not thinking about something...

I do 3-4 runs a night with a 2-man group, and we get brilliant shards each time. There's nothing that needs snipers that you can't do up close, and staying together means easier area looting

From what I've seen T2/T3 prism, T1/T3 scaffold, whatever brace.

Full T3 is good but if you don't like nades/weak auto aim lasers go with the T1/T2 parts

T3 prism grenade does higher damage/shot to Teralysts but the mini-Plasmor is faster and can hit multiple times and also really good for clearing Voms. You're looking at 800-1200 damage on the Teralyst's shield if you aim at the right spot.

Auto-aim scaffold is nice for clearing Voms but if you already have the T2 prism you probably want the T1 scaffold instead for fighting Teralysts. 

All of the braces are useless tbh. 20 energy is meh, 1s recharge delay is eh, 2% crit chance is just laughable. 

• 1 month later...
On 20/10/2017 at 5:27 PM, Acersecomic said:

I'm using it. It's short-range AoE explosion of decent area of effect, can cause self-damage. Liking it a lot, can blow up a whole flock of vombalysts with one shot.

T2 Shraksun is easily highest dmg per energy point so far. 

If you get in close, you get a ~250 hit (when the missile strikes), followed by 2-3 AoE blasts @ 200 each.

All of those get buffed by Volt Shield when they crit ... so I am usually seeing either one 1000+ (strike), or one 1600+ (AoE - no idea why it gets a double buff there ...)
That means ~2K per 10 energy, and fire rate is excellent. That's with an "Ammo / Recharge" brace. Looking forward to a gilded Lohrin Brace + Arcane Strike - so far, it's doing 60K+ while levelling up in Akkad