Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara part drop rates

Xaelroa

DE, I know you want to make money with plat purchases and all, but the 7% droprate for gara's parts from bounties is a little ridiculous, especially since it's all well and fine on paper, but bounties are bugged to hek and back right now. Farming gara is a nightmare under the current circumstances unless you're ungodly lucky, and if you're the opposite end, on top of not having a lot or any disposable income, getting plat enough to purchase her is... a non choice. Can we buff her part drop rates a little at least? I don't mean to 100% obviously, but more like... maybe a 10% or something similar. It'd still leave it relatively "low" droprate comparitively speaking, but make it more bearable, especially once you get the bugs fixed.

Edit: forgot my feedback.

P.S. for those about to say trading for plat, if you've got my luck with trading, or the luck of so many others who have chosen to avoid the trading channel like the plague, you never make anything with trading. Also there's the fact that riven spam has taken over trade channel to such a degree that everything else gets lost in the half a second it takes chat to update with the next wave of 50 people selling rivens.

Edited by Xaelroa

44 minutes ago, Xaelroa said:

P.S. for those about to say trading for plat, if you've got my luck with trading, or the luck of so many others who have chosen to avoid the trading channel like the plague, you never make anything with trading. Also there's the fact that riven spam has taken over trade channel to such a degree that everything else gets lost in the half a second it takes chat to update with the next wave of 50 people selling rivens.

I know you don't want to trade, but I just want to mention warframe.market.

Infinitely better than tradechat. Takes 2-3 minutes at most.

10 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

I know you don't want to trade, but I just want to mention warframe.market.

Infinitely better than tradechat. Takes 2-3 minutes at most.

It isn't that I don't want to trade. The problem is that even using warframe market I just can't ever get anything sold/find what I need/want. I mentioned my luck because it's that horrible. It took me a month to farm hydroid, atlas and some of the other frames. To date the only frame I've flat out purchased without any "try" as some would put it is mesa. I literally got three rotten salad nav coords, went in with my clan leader, and we both just went "Nope" when he fell through the floor. Alad that is, not my clan leader. and when I say through the floor I mean he quite literally dropped into the floor assets and was stuck there.

Edited by Xaelroa

39 minutes ago, Xaelroa said:

I mentioned my luck because it's that horrible.

But the whole point of warframe.market is that luck is a non-factor due to the fact that the buyer/seller has set a pre-determined price. I just pick one, send them a message saying I'd like to buy/sell the item in question.

7% is not that bad, but the issue lies with the missions that you are required to run.

Even if they don't bug, you are looking at 15-20 minutes of snooze fest and trecking + loading screens + potential to get vitality.

PS: You can rerun the missions without the reputation reward as much as you want.

3 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

7% is not that bad, but the issue lies with the missions that you are required to run.

Even if they don't bug, you are looking at 15-20 minutes of snooze fest and trecking + loading screens + potential to get vitality.

PS: You can rerun the missions without the reputation reward as much as you want.

Yeah, I know about the rerunning without the standing reward. Doesn't stop getting the other rewards which all seem to have disproportionately large droprate percentages, even in the same reward bracket (bronze/silver/gold) 7% feels low when quite literally every other reward one gets is vitality or other "basic" mods that drop like water everywhere else nearly. Myself and others have spent less time farming out prime frames which are -supposed- to be harder to get. Actually, I get the mods more than anything else, even the most common rewards of plains resources. Refer back to the whole "i have horrible luck" statement, and I know a great many people have similar problems.

4 hours ago, Rambit23Z said:

But the whole point of warframe.market is that luck is a non-factor due to the fact that the buyer/seller has set a pre-determined price. I just pick one, send them a message saying I'd like to buy/sell the item in question.

The problem here is finding people who aren't trying to oversell. Which does require luck. That's part of the entire deal of markets with community controlled pricing. If you aren't rich (virtually or physically), you have to come in at a time when you can actually afford to purchase something, or to make any kind of successful sale to get a start. Without hard and fast set prices by whatever "overlord" is applicable, there's -always- an element of luck that is a factor, barring having absolutely no limitations to what you can spend.

Edited by Xaelroa

I bought Gara personally and she is pretty cool, but I totally undrestand what you are saying.

I have yet to get a sigle part of hers to drop.

Also within bounties, you have to compete many missions(some short some long) really to get the chance.  As someone stated 15-20+ mins per Try!
Where as most frames farming a single boss could be less then 5mins for each Try.

Edited by NavyElk

10 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

/.37% means a 90% drop chance at least once after 30 runs. The is for each part and let's not forget each bounty type is time gated. It is actually a huge grind.

Ran the Mission to get the chest about 40 times yesterday without a single drop. Got really...really..boring smashing the same camps for a few hours. Lest not forget you still gotta farm the alloy which is a total joke. 

Yeah, I'm experiencing this right now. Everytime I go to play a bounty, I'd either get an immediate Host migration, which would bug the bounty thus making me have to extract the mission and reactivate the bounty (granted if everyone wants to leave), or the bounty would just straight up not work. When you pile all that on top of the already cancerous RNG for her parts, it's make it a chore to grind for parts. I've been grinding her helm since PoE was released and I haven't gotten it yet. Like what Jorak_Falconstar said, I lost count at around 30 retries myself, lol.

Update: I finally got her helm after getting lucky with both the RNG and the game not bugging out on me. The bounties still need to be fixed tho.

Edited by RageManT

I got two of her parts in one day, then tried for it again for two days and got the last part.   I saw how much it would take to build those parts and was like "hell no".   I sold stuff, got the plat, and bought the warframe.  Problem solved.  I'll build her for a secondary version maybe, when i finally have all the materials, but i'm not going to make myself grind the fun out of the game for Gara.  No thanks.

3 hours ago, VampirePirate said:

I got two of her parts in one day, then tried for it again for two days and got the last part.   I saw how much it would take to build those parts and was like "hell no".   I sold stuff, got the plat, and bought the warframe.  Problem solved.  I'll build her for a secondary version maybe, when i finally have all the materials, but i'm not going to make myself grind the fun out of the game for Gara.  No thanks.

And DE wins again. Why do you think they make it so grindy? To make weak-willed players give in and buy it with plat.

1 minute ago, shinydunsparce said:

And DE wins again. Why do you think they make it so grindy? To make weak-willed players give in and buy it with plat.

First of all.  I'm not weak-willed.  Let's just get that one straight.  I made a mature decision to sell something i had that i made no use of and got plat for it.  People do that all the time.  it's called buying and selling, or most commonly, trading.

Secondly, I consider my time valuable.  What i choose to do with my time is my business and my life.  i wish not to waste it on grinding in an online game when i can do something else with my time.

Thirdly, i lost nothing for doing this.  I did not lose money and I did not lose time.  That's a win-win.  I find it strange that you can't see that.

In addition, i posted my testimony in relation to the topic of this thread.  Take it how ever you want to, but... obviously the point was to discuss of as you say "so grindy" this game is.

I would advise you to watch your words and give careful thought before typing something like this.  I'm not the one that looks foolish here.  (And no DE did not win in my book, because i'm not spending a single penny on this game).

warframe.market does come in handy but in the grand scheme of things. alot of sellers Under value there items in the hopes to sell it faster for plat. which in turn makes items that should be more valuable become way more cheaper.. I also have to agree with the riven mods taking over the trade chat. thousands of rivens trying to be sold of hundreds to thousands of plat sounds kewl an all but for me its not worth spending hundreds to thousands of plat on just a mod that value is based on the user/weapon - but prime weapons or warframes even vaulted items that you can no longer receive is cheaper then a current item.. idk but trade ingame is so broken in my honest opinion.. 

back to OP - I say save plat and buy her - I been farming gara parts since release. I have only gotten the System blueprint. I run T1 about 14-15 times a day and same with T3 for her Neuro bp. No luck on either. I get more Common mods or resources.. today for exmaple. ran it 7 times - gotten a bunch of gorkdul/nistlepod/iradite/vitality. been like this for days - no drop above common reward

If I didnt refuse to buy a farmable frame with plat - I would have by now. but the way I play the game is if it can be farmed, do so

22 hours ago, VampirePirate said:

Thanks for the headsup, I didn't check the building requirements before.  Now I don't think I will farm Gara anymore, just tried a couple of times solo anyway, I will just wait for a discount to buy her in the far future if I feel like being a completist. 

By the way, the only frame I bought outright is Nidus, gave him 6 formas, and he is one of the best to me.  Personally, I don't feel like missing out anything not to have Gara at this moment.  Even the Focus 2.0, don't think I am missing out too much not to unlock most of the nodes, I can choose to stop grinding even though they intend to make people to do so.

Edited by modalmojo

On 10/22/2017 at 4:07 AM, VampirePirate said:

First of all.  I'm not weak-willed.  Let's just get that one straight.  I made a mature decision to sell something i had that i made no use of and got plat for it.  People do that all the time.  it's called buying and selling, or most commonly, trading.

Secondly, I consider my time valuable.  What i choose to do with my time is my business and my life.  i wish not to waste it on grinding in an online game when i can do something else with my time.

Thirdly, i lost nothing for doing this.  I did not lose money and I did not lose time.  That's a win-win.  I find it strange that you can't see that.

In addition, i posted my testimony in relation to the topic of this thread.  Take it how ever you want to, but... obviously the point was to discuss of as you say "so grindy" this game is.

I would advise you to watch your words and give careful thought before typing something like this.  I'm not the one that looks foolish here.  (And no DE did not win in my book, because i'm not spending a single penny on this game).

Someone bought that plat, and all DE sees is that someone bought the frame with plat. The more people who do that, the more grindy they make acquiring the frames for free. If you're so loaded with dosh and strapped for time, why didn't you just buy it in the first place? That's why you seem impatient, you tried and gave up.

1 hour ago, shinydunsparce said:

Someone bought that plat, and all DE sees is that someone bought the frame with plat. The more people who do that, the more grindy they make acquiring the frames for free. If you're so loaded with dosh and strapped for time, why didn't you just buy it in the first place? That's why you seem impatient, you tried and gave up.

^This

What some people don't seem to understand is that it doesn't matter if you're the one who paid the money or not, SOMEONE paid real money to create that plat, and when it stops circulating among players and goes into the game market, that plat is deleted and DE cashes in (figuratively speaking). It doesn't matter who paid with plat, if it's a plat sell, that means real money currency is taken out of the player community permanently and someone's going to have to pay for more. So it doesn't matter if YOU didn't pay money, a plat sale is a plat sale, and when DE sees that statistic they're gonna see they're successfully strong-arming players into forking out plat and KEEP DOING IT FOR ALL FUTURE CONTENT.

The only way to make DE dial their strong-arming tactics back down is through statistics. Less players bothering to access the gated new content, less sales, less active players at all even. It's like how people keep complaining about companies like EA shoving nickle-and-dime tactics into their games but buys the games anyway. If the company keeps getting money, if they don't see an actual change in player behavior, THEY WON'T CARE.

3 hours ago, shinydunsparce said:

I already explained it.  ...and whoever up-voted you shares the same lack of comprehension as you.  As I said, you can interpret what i said however you want.  You're just wrong.

You have to understand that DE is running a business and not a salvation army.  They have to make money somehow.  Warframe is a game that grants everything for free except cosmetics.  That's saying a lot.  Most games implement lockboxes, which are a complete ripoff.   Would you rather they do this instead?  People that buy plat are keeping this game alive, but people like yourself have the nerve to complain about that because you are too cheap to support Warframe financially.  (If you can't, then that's a completely different issue.)  That does not give you the right to judge players that can financially support this game.  What's worst is you attempt to attack me for using my brain in a clever manner to get Gara.  That seems to be the shining thing that irritates you.  i shouldn't even have to explain all this to you.

Now you may not like how DE goes about getting money from players, but ultimately it is their choice what to do with their franchise.  Nothing you can do about it.  From what i can tell, this thread is turning into a crusade against DE's business tactics, and I can tell you right now that it's only going to work against you in the end.   (Heck you might as well go on a crusade about every business tactic ever performed by any company of any industry, because they all use these tactics to pull money out of you.)  Anyway...  you can either waste your time crying about it on the forum or waste your time playing Warframe and cry about that.  Either way, you are just wasting your time.

I pretty much don't care to hear anymore about your argument at this point.  It's meaningless to me.

2 hours ago, Madotsuki said:

^This

What some people don't seem to understand is that it doesn't matter if you're the one who paid the money or not, SOMEONE paid real money to create that plat, and when it stops circulating among players and goes into the game market, that plat is deleted and DE cashes in (figuratively speaking). It doesn't matter who paid with plat, if it's a plat sell, that means real money currency is taken out of the player community permanently and someone's going to have to pay for more. So it doesn't matter if YOU didn't pay money, a plat sale is a plat sale, and when DE sees that statistic they're gonna see they're successfully strong-arming players into forking out plat and KEEP DOING IT FOR ALL FUTURE CONTENT.

The only way to make DE dial their strong-arming tactics back down is through statistics. Less players bothering to access the gated new content, less sales, less active players at all even. It's like how people keep complaining about companies like EA shoving nickle-and-dime tactics into their games but buys the games anyway. If the company keeps getting money, if they don't see an actual change in player behavior, THEY WON'T CARE.

You don't know what it is i understand or not.  To help you out, I'll just say this.  I don't care if other players are spending their money or not.  Everyone that plays Warframe is (i assume) capable of making a mature decision to spend money on the game or not.  If players ever felt tempted and do so, that is their problem and not DE's.  No one forced them to shell out cash.  Also it is not hard to say, "Hey i don't want to put money into this game."   It's not hard to say, "Hey, i don't want to get Gara.  I don't have to have it."

I got her and i did it the way i chose to.  I made a decision.  i refuse to let anybody on this forum harass me about my decision on this.   Yeah, sure, you have your opinions and that's fine.  Do what you want with your money.  Other's are going to do the same.   No one is forcing you to play Warframe and no one is forcing you to fork out cash.

Someone implied that i am weak-willed.  i don't know about that... because it seems to me that people that complain about being "strong-armed" are people suffering from weak-mindedness.  I mean, why else are you on here complaining about it?  DE has to make money somehow, whether you like it or not.

Yeah sure, I decided not to grind, but i'm not crying about it either.  All I did was give a testimony relative to the thread topic.

14 hours ago, VampirePirate said:

I already explained it.  ...and whoever up-voted you shares the same lack of comprehension as you.  As I said, you can interpret what i said however you want.  You're just wrong.

You have to understand that DE is running a business and not a salvation army.  They have to make money somehow.  Warframe is a game that grants everything for free except cosmetics.  That's saying a lot.  Most games implement lockboxes, which are a complete ripoff.   Would you rather they do this instead?  People that buy plat are keeping this game alive, but people like yourself have the nerve to complain about that because you are too cheap to support Warframe financially.  (If you can't, then that's a completely different issue.)  That does not give you the right to judge players that can financially support this game.  What's worst is you attempt to attack me for using my brain in a clever manner to get Gara.  That seems to be the shining thing that irritates you.  i shouldn't even have to explain all this to you.

Now you may not like how DE goes about getting money from players, but ultimately it is their choice what to do with their franchise.  Nothing you can do about it.  From what i can tell, this thread is turning into a crusade against DE's business tactics, and I can tell you right now that it's only going to work against you in the end.   (Heck you might as well go on a crusade about every business tactic ever performed by any company of any industry, because they all use these tactics to pull money out of you.)  Anyway...  you can either waste your time crying about it on the forum or waste your time playing Warframe and cry about that.  Either way, you are just wasting your time.

I pretty much don't care to hear anymore about your argument at this point.  It's meaningless to me.

ive been playing this game for nearing 5 years now. ive seen the whole ordeal with the games lifespan on grinding for parts etc and how its matured... ive endured the stress and dedication of getting 1 particular warframe. to be exact it was 3ish years ago and it took me a total of 447 runs over the span of a month and 2 weeks to farm ember... YES you heard me correctly ember. and this was when ruk was easy as hell to speed run.

i was fine with that at the time as it was still fun to play. but by the time i was 3 weeks in after reseting my account  i had gotten majority of my warframes and had just the last few building. along with 2 others i still had to get.

this is what caused me to go into the greatest absence from the game ive ever had through out the games journey. a total of 5 months i left the game before coming back. im fine with every means of DE making money. but to this extend its simply not a good business practice. the update has been out for what more or less a week and a half at this point. ive done T1-2-3 bounties about 25 times each give or take and still have nothing.

the reward structure and how they reward you for your time is a joke for a system which plays homage to back in the day which the game was renowned for incredibly random RNG.

first it was nitain to extend out grind then it was relics to further extend out grind. now its bounties to even further and FURTHER extend out grind.. and they do this by adding a 3x3km world to explore which increases travel time and majority of the mission structure being hold this position and defend this etc etc. im sorry you can play the sucking game all you want but this business practice more or less destroys a playerbase. as they feel they might not being reward for a particular thing they are trying to aim for. warframes peak and average playerbase on steam is all ready dropping daily at a steady pace. especially considering it thrusts you into the plains pretty early in game. 

so where does that leave me then. furax wraith. which ive still yet to see the right gauntlet and get the blueprint. the more times you run it the more you realize its not worth it in its current state to even run it. so what it means i go back to doing teralyst captures and sorties/raids. everyone is all ready capping their standing with quils and ostrons so give or take by the time next week we will see a drastic fall out in current players.

PoE and gara is just another masking of DE's plan to further make the game a living nightmare to farm stuff in. for a game thats been and is still being praised for "F2P done right" is now slowly turning into "Maybe not doing it right now"

roughly 4% of people i know in the alliance and clan im apart of has actually farmed gara and maybe 10% have bought her within the first week of farming her. and while granted while people may agree to disagree with me or have their own opinions. the fact of the matter is majority of veterans will go back to do what they where doing before. playing other games and only coming back at 5 to do sorties & do their reset raid. and when the new people catch up to the point where they want to farm gara majority will follow suit as they might feel pressured into buying the frame.

4 hours ago, DiBBz said:

ive been playing this game for nearing 5 years now. ive seen the whole ordeal with the games lifespan on grinding for parts etc and how its matured... ive endured the stress and dedication of getting 1 particular warframe. to be exact it was 3ish years ago and it took me a total of 447 runs over the span of a month and 2 weeks to farm ember... YES you heard me correctly ember. and this was when ruk was easy as hell to speed run.

i was fine with that at the time as it was still fun to play. but by the time i was 3 weeks in after reseting my account  i had gotten majority of my warframes and had just the last few building. along with 2 others i still had to get.

this is what caused me to go into the greatest absence from the game ive ever had through out the games journey. a total of 5 months i left the game before coming back. im fine with every means of DE making money. but to this extend its simply not a good business practice. the update has been out for what more or less a week and a half at this point. ive done T1-2-3 bounties about 25 times each give or take and still have nothing.

the reward structure and how they reward you for your time is a joke for a system which plays homage to back in the day which the game was renowned for incredibly random RNG.

first it was nitain to extend out grind then it was relics to further extend out grind. now its bounties to even further and FURTHER extend out grind.. and they do this by adding a 3x3km world to explore which increases travel time and majority of the mission structure being hold this position and defend this etc etc. im sorry you can play the sucking game all you want but this business practice more or less destroys a playerbase. as they feel they might not being reward for a particular thing they are trying to aim for. warframes peak and average playerbase on steam is all ready dropping daily at a steady pace. especially considering it thrusts you into the plains pretty early in game. 

so where does that leave me then. furax wraith. which ive still yet to see the right gauntlet and get the blueprint. the more times you run it the more you realize its not worth it in its current state to even run it. so what it means i go back to doing teralyst captures and sorties/raids. everyone is all ready capping their standing with quils and ostrons so give or take by the time next week we will see a drastic fall out in current players.

PoE and gara is just another masking of DE's plan to further make the game a living nightmare to farm stuff in. for a game thats been and is still being praised for "F2P done right" is now slowly turning into "Maybe not doing it right now"

roughly 4% of people i know in the alliance and clan im apart of has actually farmed gara and maybe 10% have bought her within the first week of farming her. and while granted while people may agree to disagree with me or have their own opinions. the fact of the matter is majority of veterans will go back to do what they where doing before. playing other games and only coming back at 5 to do sorties & do their reset raid. and when the new people catch up to the point where they want to farm gara majority will follow suit as they might feel pressured into buying the frame.

So you understand.  You comprehend.

As I said, people may not like DE's business tactics in getting money from players, but what can players do about it?   However, players putting money into the game is not why DE is making the grind harder (after promising in every other devstream to lessen grind).  This is a pattern that happens with a lot of online games.  Corporate mindset.  Remember, DE was bought by a corporate entity.  They have a boss now, more or less.  As a business, they have to satisfy the interests of all partners/investors involved.  A keen person would take a look at what happens to games when PWE touches them, and then it becomes clear.

The nitain thing for example: POE is that times ten from my point of view.  I also find it ridiculous, which is why I decided to not put money into the game and just sell items for plat.  I just can't be concerned with what other players do, because it is an issue i have no power to influence or control.  All I can do is take care of self and make things easier for me.

If DE loses its playerbase, that is DE's problem, not the players.  It is ultimately up to the players to decide how to continue on or not continue on with this game.  Also, all things come to an end eventually, and that includes Online Games.  I can't be too worried about that.  There will always be another game available, and then the same crazy patterns will follow suit, and then that game will die also.  A recent one comes to mind -- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex -- First Assault Online.

It's just how it is.

Now about your comment on me "playing the sucking game".   I'm not sucking or sucking up to anything.  Just stating facts.  As I said before, you can interpret my comments however you want.  It's just guessing at this point unless you ask me questions.

Edited by VampirePirate
added a comment