Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fishing Nerfed?

Late.for.tea

Was wondering if Mortus Lungfish fishing was nerfed recently? I used to be able to get them with a single hit from the Tulok Fishing Spear (2nd spear), but now it seems to require 2-3 hits to obtain them. Did they make Mortus Lungfish tougher, or did they nerf the Tulok spear?

Couldn't find anything in the patch notes.

Edit: Thanks for the answers. At first Tulok was bugged and could be used for ML just fine. But apparently that has been fixed now.

Edited by Late.for.tea

I believe the dev's fixed a 'bug' that allowed you to catch all fish with all the spears so we now need to carry 3 spears to ensure we have the right spear to catch all the fish.... yeah I don't have enough gear wheel space either

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

I believe the dev's fixed a 'bug' that allowed you to catch all fish with all the spears so we now need to carry 3 spears to ensure we have the right spear to catch all the fish.... yeah I don't have enough gear wheel space either

Thanks. At first the 2nd spear seemed to be a straight upgrade on the first, but that has apparently been fixed now.

Pretty annoying you have to carry around 3 spears. We don't have to carry around 3 mining tools either.

14 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Why are so many people using the 2-nd spear on a fish that was meant for the first or third =.=

Because it worked just fine before it was fixed.

And no, I didn't know it was fixed. That's what the whole ordeal is about.

Edited by Late.for.tea

51 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

When I made a next level of standing, and chose the third spear the first spear just disappeared from my inventory... I can just buy the new one, but that sucks.

And how I can know which spear I need to chose for fish?

Edited by IfritKajiTora

3 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

When I made a next level of standing, and chose the third spear the first spear just disappeared from my inventory... I can just buy the new one, but that sucks.

And how I can know which spear I need to chose for fish?

1. Your fishing spear disappearing is irrelevant here. Mine did not, might be a bug. Make your own thread,

2. No idea how to tell. Most of the fish I find can be caught with one hit on the third spear. But the wikia tells you which spear to use for each fish. Or just trial and error (I picked wikia).

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

1. Your fishing spear disappearing is irrelevant here. Mine did not, might be a bug. Make your own thread,

2. No idea how to tell. Most of the fish I find can be caught with one hit on the third spear. But the wikia tells you which spear to use for each fish. Or just trial and error (I picked wikia).

The hint is in each spears description.

Lanzo mentioning smooth skin fish. Tulok mentioning armor-plating and carapaces. Peram mentioning scaley hides. So just pay attention to the fish and it's pretty easy to tell from there. Also helps that most common fish can be caught with any of them.

27 minutes ago, Shinobu_Scorpion said:

Lanzo mentioning smooth skin fish. Tulok mentioning armor-plating and carapaces. Peram mentioning scaley hides. So just pay attention to the fish and it's pretty easy to tell from there. Also helps that most common fish can be caught with any of them.

Regardless, the wikia tells you which spear is for which fish.

If you know which one you want, figure out which spear to use before you go. I caught the lobster things (pretty thick carapace I assume) with the Lanzo. I think spear type is basically only important for the a few fish.

7 minutes ago, Sp33DD3Vil said:

Any 1 know a good spot to find murkray livers or where to find murkrays??

I found a bunch by following this guide. Use the Lanzo spear. Ignore the bit about needing two hits.

Edit: a bunch, as in enough to make the amp, with enough to rank up ostron, and enough left to give my friend so he could also rank up ostron.

Edited by krc473
Added edit.