Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts on Archwing: How to make Archwing more at home in Warframe

(PSN)bianoguy

Scroll down for TLDR

Hey guys. I don't post much but I lurk hard on these forums and have been playing Warframe on Ps4 since it came to Ps4. Not that that matters. Anyway, in my preparation for Plains of Eidolon I decided to revisit the notorious community hated mode in order to build and level up an Amesha and Elytron to fill out my archwing roster. Since then I've also been playing Jordas Verdict and (when it was around) the Fomorian attack. 

In my opinion, The Fomorian seems to be the best showcase of archwing, and Jordas Verdict (while frustrating) also has some very fun Archwing segments. Rushing through infested tunnels lining up to open doors is surprisingly fun. And the way you have to take out the Fomorian's shields at the top, then rush down into its underbelly to get inside to the core is another instance where Archwing really shines as a fun activity. It seems as thought the regular Warframe formula of throwing hordes at the player are not satisfying in archwing (although it can supplement an exciting activity, making it more hectic like in JV).

I realize im dragging on now so Ill list my suggestions succinctly below:

1. Ship Sabotage: This would be a mode where we infiltrate a large ship (like the ones we always see orbiting planets) Wind through their vents/tunnels, find a central power core, destroy said core, then rocket out before the ship explodes then kills us. Preferably the inflitration would take opening hatches/disabling outer shields similar to JV's hatches (1st phase) and Formorian's Shield generators for corpus and grineer respectively. An infested mode may also be cool where we clear infestation from vents to proceed. Once in the power core area we would have to hit critical points to reveal the power core, and once destroyed it would be a race out of the ship, where we could see it crashing and exploding in the evac cutscene.

2. Sentinels: LET US BRING SENTINELS. This is pretty self explanatory. I get that we cant bring our Doggos, Kavats, and Infested companions into space but sentinels don't breath (do they?). This would allow us to bring in help which would greatly assist the worst part of archwing which is attempting to level one up. Allowing us greater survivability and a better feeling of continuity between archwing and our warframe experience grind. It would also have the added bonus of Sentinel weapon mods no longer conflicting with our weapon mods. This would preferably have its own sentinel section in the archwing loadout mode so that we could have our archwing sentinel build and our warframe sentinel build. Although that may get weird for Arch + WF missions so then possibly default to the WF loadout.

3. Archwing Auras: Basically let us use Auras on our archwings. Whether they are the current auras or Archwing gets to have its own special auras. 

4. Dedicated Archwing Tileset: There should be an area added to map that is either an asteroid belt or a cluster of asteroids that includes exclusively archwing missions. Its annoying that is only one archwing mission per planet that has them. Ideally the area would be controlled half by Grineer and other half Corpus, with the potential for Crossfire-like modes in the center nodes. 

TLDR; Archwing needs mechanically interesting missions and needs to be connected to the regular warframe grind better

Suggestions: 

1. Ship Sabotage: Inflitrate a ship, access power core with JV/Fomorian style mechanics, Race out of ship before it explodes

2. Sentinels: Let us bring sentinels with our archwing

3. Archwing Auras: Auras for archwing (what did you expect?)

4. Dedicated Archwing Tileset: Asteroid belt/cluster controlled by Grineer and Corpus with Crossfire in the middle. All Archwing only missions

Let me know what you guys think

Sentinels can barely float with us in time on the ground, how do you expect them to keep up with us in space at 10 times the speed? How do they even move at all in space?

Auras already take effect in Archwing missions. Not needed. It is already the one your Warframe uses. I thought this was a well-known fact?

I can get behind these other two ideas.

I actually would like for them to incorporate archwing more into regular missions similar to Kuva Fortress. 

Have points where we go into Archwing mode to traverse space in between objectives, having to kill enemies along the way before returning to a safe ground location and continuing the mission. Kinda like the underwater maps conceptually, but for open space. Sharkwing itself fits that theme nicely, but is just boring and slow in practice.

It could be a fluid process if done right.

And to confirm what ArtPrince says, it is definitely true that your equipped Aura on your Warframe is active in Archwing mode as well.