Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara's Abilities

The_Atlas_Uprising

Mass Vitrify is an invulnerable wall, with 22 seconds base duration. so with duration mods it should be useful for strategic bursts rather than the infinite duration of Frosts destroyable bubble.

Spectorage is actually health based, but also has a duration. It ends early when the mirrors are destroyed by enemies, which is kinda the problem with that ability. I think it should be purely duration based and not destroyable so that it actually holds aggro.

They are short on duration by design, since the recent release of Augur Message raises maximized Ability Duration even further.

Splinter Storm’s duration is renewable by simply casting Mass Vitrify (and having allies with storms pass through the molten glass for their storms timers to renew).

Spectrorage is effy at the moment because it can be burst down in seconds by fast firing and AoE damage enemies, but at least it is recastable any time.

Mass Vitrify is a duration-based barrier with damage invulnerability, and you can recast it with no risk to Gara herself because she’s invulnerable too during cast. 

They want you to be proactive with Gara while still able to setup camp for some breathing room against any enemy level. Health-based barriers, especially omnidirectional ones are paper thin against high level enemies swarming from all sides; I can already tell that would revert Mass Vitirfy back to its underpowered state out on the Plains if the barrier has health. We already see how self-defeating Spectrorage is currently.

Her long-press 1 really needs to hit things that are on different terrain levels. If you're on a hill or on stairs it simply can't hit mobs that are above or below the animation. It basically has to pass right through them, which isn't reasonable since you can't even target it at different angles. If you look up at some mobs being held in a Vauban vortex for example, you still slash straight ahead, not in the direction you're facing. It makes her 1 incredibly clunky. 

I think they should also swap the long/short press features of her 1. The slash is more useful yet is on the more inconvenient long-press. 

I think her 3 needs some adjustments, but I'm not sure exactly what. It isn't as strong as a threat generator as other existing effects. Its interaction with her 2 is clunky and doesn't scale well against high level armored targets (or possibly any high level targets, I haven't tested it extensively). It doesn't have health that scales well so it needs to be more impressive when it dies. Maybe it should absorb the damage that kills the mirrors, including overkill damage and add that to the explosion at the end. 

I think it would be nice if they added a long-press feature to her 2 that AoE buffed your team. Either a long-press 2 AoE buffs all teammates in affinity range with her Splinter Storm buff, or a long press 2 buffs all allies and debuffs all enemies in X radius, modified by range mods and with a higher cost. That way you could maintain her 2 buffs more conveniently and preferably allow you to maintain them without downtime as it should let you rebuff them while active using the long-press feature. The refresh on her 4 was a nice addition, but it's still an annoying single target cast buff with a UI that just isn't great for tracking and maintaining group buffs. AoE buffing would just be a big QoL improvement, which I think the devs must realize since they added a rebuff aspect to her 4, but that requires your allies to move into your 4s wall frequently. Just adding an AoE long press to her 2 would be a lot easier to deal with, not only for this buff, but for other similar effects as well (halo, augment buffs etc). 

17 hours ago, CaptainEras said:

Can someone please tell me how I get 4 walls up?

They grow down from where you cast, so if you want a taller wall you jump into the air and then cast it. You can bullet jump higher into the air by crouching and then jumping looking straight up into the air, then you can hit right click when you're at a height you want the wall at to slow yourself down and then immediately hit your 4.  Sometimes it's a bit finicky. It has a maximum height, so you can't make an infinite height wall. It also will sometimes decide some surface it touched is the floor and stop growing past that point. 

On 10/21/2017 at 12:53 AM, The_Atlas_Uprising said:

Gara's Abilities are under-powered due to how short the time is, Mass vitrify and Spectorage should be a health based ability rather than time based. 

I severely wish there was still a downvote feature...

2EE4BD6D361AC8CA96C462C92DAA1500197B1B63

please understand the features of how a game work before attempting to become a keyboard warrior after only playing 5% of the content within the game... 

Edited by KrypTic.
:]

Uh... what. You know that her shield refreshes on ult cast? And that , modded, the ult runs for almost 40 seconds? And that it is indestructable? And that you can make it pretty damn high? And that you can shatter it for decent damage, while also buffing the damage your shield does if you stand outside of the wall? Geezus, some people...

Actually going to chip in here on this one too.

The point of Vitrify is that it's duration based, but fully invulnerable for that duration, as in no need to spam it over and over to stack up health on it like Frost. But! There's a hidden synergy to it that you may appreciate more.

Cast Splinter Storm, cast Vitrify, go outside of Vitrify and smash it with your Shattered Lash. Now go run into some enemies with Splinter Storm that has suddenly refreshed its duration and gained a massive buff to damage which you can stack again and again. I've seen it dealing 30-40k damage per second if used consistently. That's the true power of Gara's abilities, she's an off-tank death machine with her glass shredding everything.

13 hours ago, KrypTic. said:

I severely wish there was still a downvote feature...

2EE4BD6D361AC8CA96C462C92DAA1500197B1B63

please understand the features of how a game work before attempting to become a keyboard warrior after only playing 5% of the content within the game... 

I'd add something but this sums it up pretty well lol

On 26/10/2017 at 7:47 PM, Borg1611 said:

They grow down from where you cast, so if you want a taller wall you jump into the air and then cast it. You can bullet jump higher into the air by crouching and then jumping looking straight up into the air, then you can hit right click when you're at a height you want the wall at to slow yourself down and then immediately hit your 4.  Sometimes it's a bit finicky. It has a maximum height, so you can't make an infinite height wall. It also will sometimes decide some surface it touched is the floor and stop growing past that point. 

Thank you :)