Jump to content

Indicator for Day and Night Cycle


Recommended Posts

I see that you are trying to kill that Teralyst. It would be a real shame.........IF SUNRISE IS NEAR.

But really tho, what gives? For some players who ain't lingering 24/7 in the Plains have no clue how long will night last before the Teralyst retreats, and it's a buzzkill everytime Onkko pops up and tell us the Teralyst is retreating when we're just beginning or midway through the battle. 

There should be an in-game countdown timer that lets us know how long day/night is going to last, and for those who are accessing the plains from the Navigation, the timer should be present when one hovers over the nodes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

You know, you have this: https://deathsnacks.com/wf/ (it may not entirely be correct)

But yeah, I still agree with you. I mean, we already have timers for alerts, sorties, Baro, invasions and all kinds of stuff in-game. But timers to tell if it's day or night either on Earth in general or just in the Plains of Eidolon are just nowhere to be found other than the website I just showed to you. Maybe that has to be how complex the hud in the starchart gets or something related to the programming. I mean, really, I once saw the Unreal Engine 4 software and let me tell you, it's amazing but the programming section is not a simple feature. It can get extremely complex.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/10/2017 at 3:50 PM, LokiTheCondom said:

For some players who ain't lingering 24/7 in the Plains have no clue how long will night last before the Teralyst retreats

PS:. For some reason last time I went to the plains the Teralyst simply just didn't retreat. He, uh... it, uh... whatever it is, just didn't come back to the water after the sun rose. Weird, huh?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally I check Konzu to see when the bounty reset is going to happen, I rarely actually take the bounties... just use him like a rather inconvenient timer. 

That said I totally agree they really should have something somewhere that indicates how close you are to the current transition. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2017 at 3:38 AM, JackMcRain said:

You know, you have this: https://deathsnacks.com/wf/ (it may not entirely be correct)

The last time I used this it told me it was nighttime when the sun is blazing out, it may be inaccurate.

On 11/6/2017 at 3:42 AM, JackMcRain said:

PS:. For some reason last time I went to the plains the Teralyst simply just didn't retreat. He, uh... it, uh... whatever it is, just didn't come back to the water after the sun rose. Weird, huh?

Most likely a bug, not surprising considering the update itself is buggy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2017 at 1:18 PM, Giant_Lobster said:

Agree on that. There's just enough space on top of mini-map to place something like "59min 59 sec until sunrise\sunset."

Ecept that the flaw with this is De put day/night cycle for PoE on a 50 minute increment timer.  50minutes of night and 100 minutes of day.  This gets even more confusing trying to equate this to an actual clock that has a 60 minute cycle and wondering when the hell the day/night changhes are occurring.

DE -- the day / night cycle for PoE makes absolutely no sense olther than from a development standpoint which is asinine to begin with.  Trying to work this out in lore on how the PoE rotates on a faster day / night cycle than the rest of the planet Earth is idiotic.  Make it 1 Hour for night and 2 hours for Day OR sync it up to the 4/4 day/night with the rest of Earth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, uberfu said:

Ecept that the flaw with this is De put day/night cycle for PoE on a 50 minute increment timer.  50minutes of night and 100 minutes of day.  This gets even more confusing trying to equate this to an actual clock that has a 60 minute cycle and wondering when the hell the day/night changhes are occurring.

DE -- the day / night cycle for PoE makes absolutely no sense olther than from a development standpoint which is asinine to begin with.  Trying to work this out in lore on how the PoE rotates on a faster day / night cycle than the rest of the planet Earth is idiotic.  Make it 1 Hour for night and 2 hours for Day OR sync it up to the 4/4 day/night with the rest of Earth.

The reason the cycle is 150 minutes (2.5 hours) is so that it doesn’t cleanly divide into a 24 hour period. That way, say if someone is only able to play from 6pm to 8pm every day, then it will be day in the plains sometimes when they start, and other times it will be night. As opposed to the normal earth missions, it will always be either day or night, and they’d have to significantly shift their play time if they want to farm plants from the other cycle. I personally wish the Cetus cycle was more like 80/70 than 100/50, since the night seems super short and there’s basically nothing to do during the day once you finish a few bounties that you can’t also do (sometimes better) at night. For a “love letter to the veterans” they definitely cut the veteran time of the cycle short. Especially since daytime plains isn’t really new player friendly at all, new players can make much better progress in more appropriately leveled areas by just playing the normal star chart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Long term veteran player here. I started on PC 3 years ago and switched to PS4 2 years ago. 

I will absolutely concur and loudly protest that this whole day/night cycle is rediculous and nonsensical, and that’s the politest way I can say it. I just tried farming for some sunlight threshercones(I’m catching up on some older quests I never finished) and could not figure out what cycle it was. I wasted almost 30 minutes of game time trying to figure out if I was on the wrong maptile set or what I was doing wrong as the thumbnail clearly shows a daylight scene yet I’m only getting a nighttime level. 

 

The biggest insult was checking in on PoE and seeing a daylight thumbnail while seeing it just being sunrise on the actual level. 

Seriously, PoE might be some kinda of internal achievement for them but I haven’t seen anything worth it IMO and they once again abandoned fixing the core game in favor of throwing out yet another game mechanic system. 

 

PS OMG JUST REALIZED HOW NONSENSICAL THIS REALLY IS THE SOLITION IS SIMPLE!!!

Cycle all earth levels in sync with POE. So if it’s daytime on PoE all the earth maps are on daytime tile sets and vice versa. Absolutely nothing would change except for making it easier to farm for some plants that represent an infinitesimal part of the game. 

 

Like I said I sometimes don’t get where these guys heads are at.....

Edited by (PS4)HurricaneHugo76
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...