Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bugs when dealing with Bluetooth headphones (maybe BT in general)

2Pro4U

"Bugs" I've experienced with Bluetooth headphones.

1. If the headphones aren't powered on, before I launch the launcher, the game has no sound. I can go into audio, and select the headphones once the game is up and running, despite the headphones being the default output device, they *should* work. (maybe devs would consider this a feature, not a bug)

2. Bluetooth headphones run on batteries, and when you go AFK for a little bit, but want to stay in the game, you may want to turn off your headphones. Warframe looses connection to the headphones, and throws up an error, or sometimes flatout crashes. It would be nice, if it either didn't check and warn me for a lost connection, that was going to be remade, when I turned my bluetooth headphones back on.

3. (actual bug) I forget what the missions are called, where each player selects one of those round seed pods, that offers certain rewards of varying rarity, but I was playing one of those missions with other players, I offered up my "seed" (pun) at the beginning of the round. It was the type of mission where you can choose to continue to play longer, and as luck would have it, my battery on my headphones died, mid gameplay. The game popped up a message and said it lost connection. The bug is, when the time came for the the rewards, the game didn't have a record of me placing a seed into the system. The other players got to choose their reward, but I was left out. So the loosing of the audio mid-game messed up the game tracking that I had submitted a seed for the rewards.

I know you guys probably have an ultra small userbase that actually use bluetooth headphones, or even bluetooth devices in general, but I hope some of these things can still be resolved, or at the very least, smoothed over to function a little better.

As a bluetooth user, I'd actually prefer to not see a message mid-game if the audio connection was lost, and would like to be able to turn off my headphones, but even more-so, I'd like to be able to turn them on, once I've already clicked the launcher, and the game is still coming up (or is already up, and ingame). Bluetooth takes a few seconds to establish a connection, before Windows 10 allows sound output to them.

I know this isn't just how BT works, as I've done the same with VLC player and watching a video. You can have the headphones off, start the player, turn on the headphones, and when the connection is established to the headphones, they start playing the audio from the video.

Hope this helps you track down the bug.

Thanks guys.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I have a bluetooth headset and whenever I get up  and go out of range (bathroom, snack, etc) Warframe is frozen when I get back.

Can't alt-tab or open up task manager. I have to restart my computer in order to get functionality back.

Like, 2 weeks ago I could get up and come back and everything would be fine. A message would popup saying that audio functionality was lost then regained, or something, but I could just click continue and resume playing.

Note: my headset reconnects by itself when I get back in range, but before I can see my computer screen again.

Note 2: Windows 10, ctrl +alt + del still works, but again, trying to open task manager does nothing. I found that I can just sign out of my computer and sign back in instead of restarting, though.