Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A darksouls type of pvp.

Kaligath

We have the stalker and syndicate who when dislike a players will appear in the mission as enemy's. What if when you are fully aligned with a faction if that faction hates a player who is currently doing a mission have a mission prompt to have you invade there mission and make them a target for you to kill similar to how dark souls works the equipment levels are the factors to how scaling would work for each bracket the host player is in that validates who can and can not invade there mission.

Now the balance would also work its self out because if someone enjoys invading a persons game they will be set with pvp gear wile the player with 3 others will all be set in pve gear giving the single invading player some what a equal level playing field being in pvp gear compared to the pve player.

PVP shouldn't be something that is forced, the only way I can see this working is if all players have the option to opt out of it.

Dark Souls is fine simply because its up front about it in its very premise and you can play offline if you really want to avoid invaders.

Sure, just keep the balance the same way you want to keep the gear: PvP invader dealing 2-3 digits damage, PvE players dealing 4-6 digits damage AoE without even looking :)

Joke aside, DON'T FORCE PvP ON US!!! Keep PvP to that dead mode we call Conclave

I guess your all entitled to your opinions as i am to my own and merely speaking of a way to improve the condition of repercussion due to reputation and how a warframe could be a hired merc dealing with issues that the factions are dealing with.

6 minutes ago, Kaligoth said:

I guess your all entitled to your opinions as i am to my own and merely speaking of a way to improve the condition of repercussion due to reputation and how a warframe could be a hired merc dealing with issues that the factions are dealing with.

The way I see it, I wouldn't care as long as there is a way for people to opt out of it. PvP shouldn't be forced with the only way to avoid it being locking yourself out of faction rewards.

6 minutes ago, Kaligoth said:

Except that Tenno are loyal to each other, the idea of of another Tenno going after another for a syndicate doesn't make sense.

For Warframe, this kind of PvP is very much frowned upon mostly.

It could be really fun provided the rewards for defending/attacking are worth it. Death in this game is cheap, so I don't know that there *needs* to be an opt out of Invasions options, although there probably should be. 

You do know the stalker is a tenno who hunts other tenno down because they killed a boss kinda destroys that narrative don't you think?

Of course it would have some option to opt out but the incentives you would loose for opting out would be forfeit that being rare pvp gear that and bonus standing with your selected syndicate.

Edited by Kaligoth

2 minutes ago, Kai_Shiba said:

Except that Tenno are loyal to each other, the idea of of another Tenno going after another for a syndicate doesn't make sense.

The lore would need to be respected here so it makes sense. I like the idea that you pick a glitchy looking nametag in your arsenal of Warframe and then it loads up the Stalkers ship with the Stalker present. Cosmetics would still work largely the same, but your color palette would be mostly "evil" colors. Stalker should also be unique in that he can equip his powers which he could unlock through the time honored tradition of hunting other players. It'd be fun. 

I wouldn’t mind this if it (at least at first) was within clans only.

You get to hunt down and kill your clan mates.

It may need a cool down timer on when someone could be hunted. Or a forced you must hunt X person.

Moght be fun; provided they do not try and balance anything. That’s what ruined conclave for me. Who knows. I would say, make it opt-in. Not opt-out.

Edited by krc473

36 minutes ago, Kaligoth said:

Now the balance would also work its self out because if someone enjoys invading a persons game they will be set with pvp gear wile the player with 3 others will all be set in pve gear giving the single invading player some what a equal level playing field being in pvp gear compared to the pve player.

I cannot agree to this. Honestly, if they implemented this along with being able to hunt your friends it would be horrible. I would not play it. Everyone must be in PvE gear, or PvP gear, not a mix. I would only do it with PvE.

You realise that PvP gear is basically just a weakened, terrible version of PvE gear? Why would I want to take weapons that have substantially less damage, and a frame with less health, then the people I am invading?

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Everyone must be in PvE gear, or PvP gear, not a mix.

Of course not! YOU want to invade, YOU want to FORCE the PvP on someone who is playing PvE, so you have deal with the PvE stuff using your PvP stuff. It is only fair:smile:

If you want PvP gear vs PvP gear, stay in your dead game mode called Conclave and spare us the PvP BS, if we want it, we go to Conclave ourselves

4 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

Of course not! YOU want to invade, YOU want to FORCE the PvP on someone who is playing PvE, so you have deal with the PvE stuff using your PvP stuff. It is only fair:smile:

No, I want to invade my friends with their approval. I want them to invade me too. I really couldn’t care less about the public hunting me.

10 hours ago, Kaligoth said:

if someone enjoys invading a persons game they will be set with pvp gear wile the player with 3 others will all be set in pve gear giving the single invading player some what a equal level playing field

How is that "equal", not only is the invader in a 1v3 to begin with(altho regular pvp players won't mind that) but their weapons will do as much as only around a hundred dmg while the PvE players weapons will do a few thousand? 

That is anything but "balanced".

Another day another "Invasion" thread...

Here's the problem:

Stalker Player VS New Players -> Stalker kills everyone

Stalker Player VS Veterans -> 8 Tigris shots (or any other meta weapon) to the faces before he even gets up

Douchebag Stalker Player Vs Anyone -> Stalker targets mission objective and the mission is failed

There is no scenario where this mode would be a win for ANYONE

Also obligatory "PvP sucks and it should go away" (except for the skins [which can be farmed in a cheeky way])

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't as terrible of an idea as you guys are all afraid of. For the love of god, stop labeling things like it would be implemented the exact same way as Dark Souls. This game will not be like Dark Souls, even if you tried to make it. They are WAY too different to even implement things closely. With that said, here we go! 

1) Only people wearing a Specific sigil for a faction can be invaded. Also, wearing this sigil allows you to do the invading. THIS MEANS IT'S NOT FORCED. That part is important. 

2) It would be pve stats as that's what mode you'd be invading. You would deal 1% of your damage to other players or something like that. And maybe invader also loses 50% of their power strength, range, duration, efficiency. You get the idea, weakened. 

3) Objectives are immune to damage and effects from players. 

4) Hunter has to get 1 DOWN (just like the Stalker has to do to his target) except he has to get 1 for each player that was in the mission. That way it lasts for more than 1.3 seconds (possibly).  

5) Rewards are purely cosmetics. Defenders get 1 point or item or whatever for killing the invader (1 extra to the killing blow). Hunter gets a different kind of currency. These are redeemed purely for cosmetics.

6) Invasions restricted to certain mission types only, to prevent abuse (CC locking players while capture target runs away). So basically just not: Capture, Spy, or multi part missions. 

7) Potential to be a part of solar rails if that ever happens again. 

8) Potential to be included in the PoE. 

9) 3 second invulnerability when spawning in for the invader, but they can't shoot or use abilities or anything either during this time. Just a little buffer to create space. I feel the stalker needs this little buff too. 

What do you guys think? This does not infringe on anyone that doesn't want to be a part of it. The cosmetic rewards can be linked to the conclave as well if you're worried about exclusivity. Or the rewards can just be standing outside of daily caps. 

I'm basically proposing a player be the stalker and gave a way to balance it and with end-game rewards (cosmetics!). With how I tried to balance it, I'm more scared of the Stalker than another player. Stalker is way more OP than the other frames. He gets nuked easy because he doesn't get a chance to move if you're surrounding him with guns to his head. 

Edited by MuscleBeach

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2017 at 12:52 PM, Kai_Shiba said:

Yeah lore wise this would be a super hard sell. Conclave and Lumaro whatever are basically sporting competitive events where Tenno are training with each other... What reason would a Tenno ever have to kill another Tenno @Kaligoth??

This is a collection of soldiers who only can relate to each other and are in the fight together... Lotus wouldn't support a Tenno who has gone rogue which would m mean no Landing craft or Orbiter for them etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Just give us a custom preset stalker or hitman warframe for each syndicate, imagine if youre in veil you get to invade with harrow, it works exactly like a stalker mark except a player controls it. Ezpz, fun, and a decent player shouldnt have a problem.beating it, with a good reward for a fail and a reallly good one for winning, forma bp and built forma, respectively would be perfect