Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.0.8

[DE]Connor

Hummm...this hotfix "fixed" something that is not on the notes, and it was terrible. 

Right before the hotfix, going on Operator mode while Invisible with Loki would disable the invisibility, meaning I could refresh the ability whenever I damn well pleased. Now, it doesn't disable it anymore, so I can't refresh it. Please, unfix it.

Seems like more steps in the right direction but perhaps it would also help to add a second circle to the overlay to help players establish a "buffer zone". Also maybe extend that buffer zone a bit? 

Because I have been flipping out going all Ninja in the past, launching rockets with the Kulstar that I wanted to be no where near when they went off. Which resulted me in a bullet jump directly towards the edge of the engagement zone. I looked up at the minimap, saw that I was about to zoom over the edge, for whatever reason it was one of those jumps where you don't have a second jump to kinda hard stop yourself. Heard the Lotus pop up with the whole "Tenno you are leaving the ....." and just as she got to about that point the mission failed message popped up all in the span of about three seconds. I couldn't have stopped myself if I had wanted to and I kinda really wanted to. 

2 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

Hummm...this hotfix "fixed" something that is not on the notes, and it was terrible. 

Right before the hotfix, going on Operator mode while Invisible with Loki would disable the invisibility, meaning I could refresh the ability whenever I damn well pleased. Now, it doesn't disable it anymore, so I can't refresh it. Please, unfix it.

It was in the notes.

23 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:
  • Added the option to redeem Brilliant Eidolon Shards for 25,000 focus each. Redeem for the school of your choice in the appropriate skill tree!

What's the point of this? Tell me just how many people actually need this. Have some already unbinded all the passives in each school somehow...even though the update hasn't been out for even a month?

Still no waypoint for gates of Cetus and no option to extract once you finished a mission, either in the party or solo.

Bounties rewrads are bugged or idk what the hell it is, once you've done one of them it shows that what's left avaible will give less standing than it should (like 3k instead of 3+). Standing is still way too low for the amount it takes to complete them especially level 4 and 5.It should be around 5k at least.

Plains need timer similar to Baro showing what time of day it is when you click the mission on the star chat and how mcuh time is left for nigh or day. Similar timer should be somewhere when you're in the mission.

Eidolons lures should all be lv 30. Like seriously. No one would look for Eidolon and then waste 5 minutes running around trying to find lv 30 ones and another 5 trying to bring them to Eidolon.

Still no clear waypoints/better visuals for sentient cores. Put them on minimap somehow, make the visuals more obvious that even someone blind could fine them. Even brilliant ones are hard to find at times and need to be brighter or whatever. It's convenient that most of the times they all pile up but it's not enough.

So now void traces can be vaccumed. Why shards aren't?

Ogma in lv 40-60 missions does ridiculous amount of damage with the carpet bombing it does. It needs to be nerfed.

Fishing is awful. The spawn is too low 90% and of the times even for the most common fish and you can spend an hour waiting for a single "hotspot" to appear + there's way too little spots where you can actually stand and see, where it spawns enough somewhat and it's not too deep at the same time. On top of that due to refelctions or whatever on the water fishing without dye is a pain. Unenjoyable as hell.

What's the point of this? Tell me just how many people actually need this. Have some already unbinded all the passives in each school somehow...even though the update hasn't been out for even a month?

You can get enough shards to unbind most in 1-2 days probably.

24 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Added the option to redeem Brilliant Eidolon Shards for 25,000 focus each. Redeem for the school of your choice in the appropriate skill tree!

So, 250k focus points per day + some focus points through shards? Or these points from shards are the part of daily standing and it's just a way to get the focus without lenses?

Yea, 25k for a brilliant shard doesn't fix how horrible the plains are for farming focus. Especially, you know... during the day. Neither does convergence orbs spawning closer to the ground when the XP from the mobs there sucks in general, especially for solo players. 

None of these changes will lead solo players or even most group players to farming focus in the plains over existing farms. Based on videos it seems to take a solo player half an hour to down those guys. Definitely not an amazing amount of focus when you can get 10-20k for a convergence orb in an existing focus farm if you're strategic + lucky with obnoxious stealth mechanics or time them well in an organized defense. Even in a public hydron you can probably get more in the same amount of time despite the lack of optimization. 

For groups of 4 that farm multiple per night, maybe it's a good alternative for them, but this doesn't solve the ultimate issue of focus capping which is that you have to devote a big chunk of time daily exclusively to this purpose. If you're downing a big guy for a shard, but then using the shard for focus, you accomplished nothing except getting focus for that time spent. You're still not letting us multi-task and get focus in a reasonable amount of time WHILE DOING SOMETHING ELSE. That is the main problem with capping focus. It's a huge time investment where you're devoting all that time just to capping focus. 

We need some kind of affinity reward for bounties/incursions, possibly with a nice automatic focus multiplier of some kind so you don't have to give too much affinity to make them useful as a focus farm. 

You could also give a small amount of affinity/focus for catching fish or mining ore as well I suppose. 

If you really wanted to create some operator-centric way of farming focus, maybe give operator kills an automatic 10-20x focus multiplier or something. Maybe also give them a small amount of standing per kill on the plains so you have some way to work on your standing during the day too? /shrug

9 minutes ago, brewedjuice said:

it seems like the best way to fix the "bounties arent worth doing because 99.9% of the time you get garbage" problem could just be giving us token rewards and letting us buy things we might actually need eventually. i seem to remember someone mentioning this was an idea way back before plains hit (i think it was tacticalpotato), and im vastly disappointed you didnt go with it. instead you gave us another sortie loot table, which people already hated when it was just once a day.

i agree with this, since 90% of the reward for us MR 24 players are basicly garbage (credit, endo, even lens). i hope in the future we can choose what we want rather than wasting our time only to get some credits..

26 minutes ago, Cytobel said:

Still not a fan of the grindwall personally.

There are some aspects of the new content that seem to be held in reserve for people who spend MASSIVE amounts of time exclusively in the Hills of Eidolon (I don't CARE what it's CALLED, those are hills).  Some of this is rewarding to unlock, but more than a bit of this could occur outside of just this ONE location.  Where are cut gems and alloys in the reward drop tables elsewhere?  Why is Earth the ONLY place we can farm an entire resource pool?

It's a small gripe, to be honest, but it's leading to burnout on PoE.

I, for instance, wouldn't want to farm Nyth on a Corpus ship or a Grineer factory. No thank you.

1 minute ago, -Temp0- said:

No one would look for Eidolon and then waste 5 minutes running around trying to find lv 30 ones and another 5 trying to bring them to Eidolon.

Our team does such way. But the team split at two parts and someone busy damaging the beast's shields while others are gathering nearby lures, aiming to bring them in when the first limb is about to say "ding". Takes 2-3 min total. It's called teamplay.

Just now, Qianna said:

I, for instance, wouldn't want to farm Nyth on a Corpus ship or a Grineer factory. No thank you.

No arguement there, but at the same time getting that sort of thing from Caches or from Alerts would be useful.

4 minutes ago, _Chizuru_ said:

Isn't that intended? It happens all the time my shields get destroyed completely, though.

I'm positive it's a bug. A basic Tusk Lancer can shoot you once, do piddly damage, and knock you off your Archwing. I use Amesha, and its fourth ability makes you invincible. First ability blocks damage for a certain number of hits. Third ability makes you immune to status effects such as Blast. There's no reason I should be getting knocked off of my Archwing.

My theory is, in the lack of the "Blow-back" animation that Archwings normally have, you instead just lose it and fall down. Likely where the bug comes in.

Archived