The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brilliant Shard/Maroos banning glitch

plasmox

I am sorry if i put this in the wrong place. I noticed that you can trade in your Brilliant Eidolon shards to maroo. She rewards 25k endo for them. I haven't done it yet, for fear this may not be intended and a bug. Seeing as these things are not that difficult to get in a coordinated group. Is this intentional?

18 minutes ago, Hardscopefgt said:

i hope its legit otherwise they should refund these shard - i traded them bcus i thought thats pretty neat :facepalm:

Not sure if it is meant to happen or not.

But I cannot imagine them taking away the endo you got from it. Yes, it might mess up the endo economy for a while. But I cannot imagine this is an issue.

Do not attempt to turn in shards. I just got banned for it after attempting to turn in what I had out of curiosity. :<

Edit: Might have been an account lock instead, as there was unauthorized attempts on my account just prior!

Edited by Comitatus

37 minutes ago, Comitatus said:

Do not attempt to turn in shards. I just got banned for it after attempting to turn in what I had out of curiosity. :<

Edit: Might have been an account lock instead, as there was unauthorized attempts on my account just prior!

i went to sell regular ayatan sculptures after the brilliant shard wouldnt sell and now im banned, lol

EDIT : and also yea it sent me an email saying it was an attempted login from canada

Edited by SilentLogix

I was playing with a friend and I got randomly banned PLEASE look into this I have never cheated in a game!  I got banned after my game was bugging out with a friend and I went to maroo's bazaar and it said I could trade in a brilliant eidelon shard for 25k endo I think this bug just resulted in me getting banned.  someone at DEplease help me I have put so many hours of grinding into this game and I don't want to lose my progress(I have put over 350)hours into this game. I really enjoy playing this game and I was hoping to get on tomorrow to watch some streamers to get the survive the night sygil but if i am banned I can't even play the game.  

~A very Sad warframe player      D:

I was playing with a friend and I got randomly banned PLEASE look into this I have never cheated in a game!  I got banned after my game was bugging out with a friend and I went to maroo's bazaar and it said I could trade in a brilliant eidelon shard for 25k endo I think this bug just resulted in me getting banned.  someone at DEplease help me I have put so many hours of grinding into this game and I don't want to lose my progress(I have put over 350)hours into this game. I really enjoy playing this game and I was hoping to get on tomorrow to watch some streamers to get the survive the night sygil but if i am banned I can't even play the game.  

~A very Sad warframe player      D:

Its because you used an exploit in that brilliant eidolon shards were not meant to be tradeable for endo. I actually got banned after I attempted to confirm that they had fixed that by trading one after hearing the issue was fixed to confirm.It technically was a violation of the EULA so I don't have high hopes to have my account restored especially since I can't use it to login to the help desk.

Edited by shellspeed1

Kept getting a message saying "Can't sell items at this time" after trying to sell ayatan sculptures and a brilliant shard after that i couldn't go to the navigation after being spammed with unable to create party, closed the game and relaunched it only to find out im banned until 2035.

Got a email saying an attempted login was made from Canada and also on another thread someone else was banned after they tried to sell a Brilliant Eidolon Shard.

Would have made this with support.warframe.com. but apparently my account doesn't exist there

Link to other thread - 

Edited by SilentLogix

I got banned after I reported the bug earlier in the patch notes as per 

and then after hearing it was fixed I tried to trade to confirm fact intending to ask de to revert it later. Go figure I did technically violate EULA so I guess I can live with it as I am in the wrong.

Edited by shellspeed1

Getting banned for something like that sounds... pretty dumb, I cannot really recall the game literally slapping you in the face with "DO NOT TRADE BRILLIANT EIDOLON SHARDS FOR ENDO, THIS FUNCTIONALITY IS A BUG" message so banning people for using what they possibly thought was an actual game mechanic makes no sense whatsoever.

We might ban everyone who used coptering back in the day because that surely wasn't intended.

That is, of course, if trading the shards was the actual reason.

Edited by JuicyButthurt

The bans absolutely should not have happened. When I first heard of it, I thought, "Is this too good to be true? Has DE stopped being stingy with resources?" I decided to wait just in case it was a stupid mistake by DE's coders, and it turns out that it was all DE's doing.

The bans should be lifted, as there are innocent players who simply could have misread 25k focus for 25k endo. I initially misread it for 25k standing at first. Don't put the blame on players - the blame goes to DE for its mistake.

Just now, Chitanda.Eru said:

This Update is near in becoming the worst update ever. So Much Atrocities and now players getting banned left and right as if things arent out of hand as it is with the amount of bugs.

to be fair DE can justify the ban as it was an exploit and against EULA, However due to the large number of people that could have been affected by this it would probably have been easier to simply rollback the endo and shards.

Hey all,

I just tried to trade 6 brilliant shards for 15000 endo, and got the error "unable to trade items at this time". Tried again, same issue. Figured it was a bug, so I logged out, logged back in, got the error "your account has been banned until 1st Jan 2035 for end user license agreement violation". As far as I'm aware I've done nothing wrong? I'm unable to access the zendesk page to send a support ticket due to the error "unknown" when trying to login to the WF site. I can only login here for some reason.

If anyone from DE reads this, is there a reason I was banned? Can this be fixed?