The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brilliant Shard/Maroos banning glitch

plasmox

It was even up on the wiki at one point. It's now been taken down, of course.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Brilliant_Eidolon_Shard?oldid=1631875

DE dropped the ball hard with this approach of silent treatment, swift banhammer.

And yes, I'm one of the banned people as well. Redeemed the Brilliant Eidolon Shards, but did not use any of the Endo. Still banned. Figures.

1 minute ago, Imaru said:

Not going to assume that I’m speaking for de, but it’s probably safe to assume that the bans are bugs too. I would bet that they will be unbanning a lot of people soon. 

I wouldn't assume anything, DE is totally in the right on this one.

1 minute ago, Genjinaro said:

I'm sure by Monday DE will undo your bans....

Probably an automatic flagging. .

Its not like endo is all that valuable... People swim in 100k worth in Ayatan alone...

The problem is that each one was worth 25k endo and its not like they are particularly hard to get. Although DE should let us access the support page to make a claim.

32 minutes ago, Imaru said:

Not going to assume that I’m speaking for de, but it’s probably safe to assume that the bans are bugs too. I would bet that they will be unbanning a lot of people soon. 

I bloody hell hope so... 2100 Hours of my life went into that account...

Edited by RB-377

Kind of hard to imagine there's an employee working at 2AM on a weekend right now banning thousands of people as they turn in Brilliant Shards. My guess is that the amount of endo being turned in is viewed as highly suspicious activity by some automated feature.

In fact some of my clanmates didn't get banned and did the exact same thing, which leads me to suspect a certain amount is triggering it.

Edited by SethCypher

1 minute ago, shellspeed1 said:

I wouldn't assume anything, DE is totally in the right on this one.

The problem is that each one was worth 25k endo and its not like they are particularly hard to get. Although DE should let us access the support page to make a claim.

Its not the value that is the problem.... 

The system probably saw it was outside of a normal function (bug) & it tripped an automated response...

1 minute ago, SethCypher said:

Kind of hard to imagine there's an employee working at 2AM right now banning people as they turn in Brilliant Shards. My guess is that the amount of endo being turned in is viewed as highly suspicious activity by some automated feature.

I really hope so, and it makes sense, because right after people try it (in each case, even though they're unaware of the bug, like me.) They get an account suspension.

I can totally understand people abusing it, but if you didn't know it was a thing in the first place and just saw you could trade shards for 25k endo... IMO that's wrong and not ban worthy. Patch it out, don't ban people who don't know they're not supposed to trade them.

-edit- Damn, gonna miss the teralyst glyph from twitch now...

Edited by LordTechmarine

5 hours ago, plasmox said:

I am sorry if i put this in the wrong place. I noticed that you can trade in your Brilliant Eidolon shards to maroo. She rewards 25k endo for them. I haven't done it yet, for fear this may not be intended and a bug. Seeing as these things are not that difficult to get in a coordinated group. Is this intentional?

DON'T TRADE IT. It's a bug and people are getting autobanned for it. 

Good thing you asked. DE needs to fix these type of PoE bugs ASAP. 

3 minutes ago, RB-377 said:

I bloody hell hope so... 2100 Hours of my life went into that account... I swear to god I'll sue them if they don't at least give me a valid reason...

I don't see why they wouldn't, it is a bug on their end, with misinformation from the wiki adding on.. they'd get too much flak if they did not un ban.

6 minutes ago, Exterminator said:

It was even up on the wiki at one point. It's now been taken down, of course.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Brilliant_Eidolon_Shard?oldid=1631875

DE dropped the ball hard with this approach of silent treatment, swift banhammer.

And yes, I'm one of the banned people as well. Redeemed the Brilliant Eidolon Shards, but did not use any of the Endo. Still banned. Figures.

Anyone has no exceptions. Whoever added that to the wiki falls under "anyone" telling you to do something that's too good to be true, in my estimation.

Whoever added that bit of info to the wiki needs to take it down immediately, and should have thought better of it before adding it. (When I checked it was still there. If it's gone, that's a good start.)

DE made a mistake with the bug. Whoever added it to the wiki made a mistake based on DE's mistake.

It's a game/economy breaking bug/glitch, not a feature.

I'm sorry the wiki led you astray, and that you were banned.

The wiki is normally a very good source of information, but it can be, and has been, wrong on occasion.

On the bright side, DE must reverse all bans, especially since many were misled by the wiki just as you were.

8 minutes ago, LordTechmarine said:

I can totally understand people abusing it, but if you didn't know it was a thing in the first place and just saw you could trade shards for 25k endo... IMO that's wrong and not ban worthy. Patch it out, don't ban people who don't know they're not supposed to trade them.

-edit- Damn, gonna miss the teralyst glyph from twitch now...

Gonna miss a lot of things now... Just gave them money? And they do this? Bad style DE...

First, the PSA tag might need to get removed as its reserved for DE and such; and second, that seems pretty harsh. Perhaps your friend could communicate with a DE community head and see if there is anyway to correct the situation.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Did your "friend" contact support before you try to bash DE.

Considering they have a support and IP ban from their post, they can't contact support.

26 minutes ago, symbiotesun said:

I don't see why they wouldn't, it is a bug on their end, with misinformation from the wiki adding on.. they'd get too much flak if they did not un ban.

"Flak" ? They'll get Sued from a lot of other people that spent 100's of dollars over the years on this game... Just so they can ban us for a bug they implemented?...

Edited by RB-377

Just now, RB-377 said:

"Flak" ? They'll get Sued from me and a lot of other people that spent 100's of dollars over the years on this game... Just so they can ban us for a bug they implemented?...

I'm not on DE's side on this but it was obviously not intended to be like this, they did "code" it, but it was not their intention, as we now can see.

Though the action of banning most people involved in the situation is EXTREMELY harsh.

Just now, symbiotesun said:

I'm not on DE's side on this but it was obviously not intended to be like this, they did "code" it, but it was not their intention, as we now can see.

Though the action of banning most people involved in the situation is EXTREMELY harsh.

But not unjustifiable. Keeping in mind coming from someone banned.

23 minutes ago, RB-377 said:

Happened to me as well!!! How was I supposed to know it was a bug? I didn't read thru 10 pages of information! .... Can't even contact support now.. And I just spent a ton on TennoGen... Really pissed...

i dunno about you but WTF are you reading thats 10pages long ???

its a tiny hotfix and the most recent one of that.. if youre somehow reading 10 pages of a thread that lists the information straight from the start then you sir cant operate a forum correctly