The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Disruptors

Duralumin

I'm surprised nobody has brought this up yet...

Can you PLEASE change it so that one hit from a Disruptor doesn't drain all of your energy and shields? It's at a point where the only other infested that even comes close in priority targeting is the Toxic Ancient.

When fighting Grineer it's not as risky to leave the heavy alive as you kill the Lancers/Troopers.

When fighting Corpus the only two enemies that have priority targeting are the Fusion and Railgun MOAs, the former because they get close to you and deal high DPS, and the latter because they can staggerlock you from across the map while also dealing deadly damage. But both of these enemies die relatively quickly so they're not as much of an issue compared to Ancient Disruptors.

Too many times does a disruptor blindside me in the middle of a infested bum-rush, knocking me down and causing me to die in a few seconds thanks to chargers, or leaving me unable to clear a group of Infested attacking an objective.

If they drained a fixed (possibly scaling) percentage of your current energy/shield pool, or if their attacks simply did more damage (alongside draining as much energy as they do damage) when compared to other ancients, I feel that it would be much easier to cope with.

It may not seem like a huge issue as you probably make sure to take down Disruptor ASAP, but when they do blindside you it's incredibly frustrating.

Edited by Duralumin

People have, and the answer was "No, they're working as intended."

Ah, really?

My mistake. But I still feel that Disruptors are rather too punishing.

Grineer Rollers are annoying (barely), but they're manageable because of how easy they are to kill.

At higher levels Ancients in general take gajilions of boolets to kill.

Edited by Duralumin

They're one of the only two dangerous units for the weakest race of enemies. I like that they add an element of danger to meleeing, which is an easy way to clear light infested. I can't count how many times everything is going perfectly until I hear someone on Vent go "Crap! Disrupted!!" in a panicked voice =)