Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failed after Hotfix 22.0.8 [SOLVED]

Mynio

Dear Digital Extremes,

You have pissed me off yesterday.

My story goes as follows.

I have been playing casually Warframe, doing bounties, missions, leveling my MR. After a while the mighty redtext appeared telling me that there is a hotfix about to be deployed, so I exit the game and patiently waited watching videos of my favourite youtubers and etc. Then I ran Warframe Launcher/Updater to obtain the latest version. It started downloading 10mb then 20mb and upon finishing the process of hotfix installation, the updated suddenly crashed with this persona:

kkhqEZ7.png

"The update will be restarted shortly..." Sure great, but it never fixed it. I got this at 1am GMT +1. (and got no replies till the time of writing)

So I've been tampering with files looking for solutions, helping myself out with internet guides and so on. Nothing worked. I asked one of my friends to help me out (he's the guy that ran into multitude of issues with launcher) and he told me to delete one of the game executables (x64 to be specific) and run the launcher again through steam as I am a steam user. That did not help though, after validating files of the game on steam, the game started to download all over again and this triggered me. I have a bandwith of 550kb/s and I had to download 23GBs again.

Luckily I have made a game backup. I knew all the procedures on how to fix a steam game, but the issue with this one is that Your steam files are totally not updated and are not beeing updated till this day. I had made a success on fixing my game by converting a steam version into non-steam, but that is not what I wanted.

I started to look for guides on how to switch from standalone version to Steam and I found this beautiful guide:

-http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Rxl-noir/Methods_For_Backup,_Restoring_And_Converting_Warframe_(Steam_And_Standalone_Version)?title=User_blog%3ARxl-noir%2FMethods_For_Backup%2C_Restoring_And_Converting_Warframe_(Steam_And_Standalone_Version)&cb=1075

I have made all according to the part of "BACKING UP WARFRAME STEAM VERSION" through "CONVERTING STANDALONE VERSION TO STEAM VERSION" but I was missing one very essential file... "appmanifest_230410.acf". This is the file that tells Steam that the game actually exists on my PC and it do not have to validate nor downloading anything. I couldn't find it directly, nobody wanted to share this. I have been so desperate that I started to ask random people on Warframe forums that were online at the time of my misery...

5IaQS2j.png

...but nobody wanted to help.

The only light of hope I found was a reddit post sharing the file I was thirsty for:

-https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/61v86m/can_someone_please_share_their_steam_warframe/

A post from 6 months ago, yet I had a chance to fix my game.

So I turned off steam I've pasted the file, applied necessary changes to the file and registry and started steam client.

I briefly checked my game library and to my suprise the game appears to be there:

QgUF92T.png

The moment of truth was to start the launcher and obtain the latest build.

The updater bursted with checking for new content just like before, but then... it started downloading 10Mb, 20mb thereafter and I got this very screen welcoming me:

wWFJ1xs.jpg

I fixed my game and all that in the span of 3 damned hours, because of a small anomalous hotfix.

Got damn Digital Extremes, You got me well there,

Please take Your time when releasing updates to the game, make sure the basic features work so we don't have to see the redtext prompting "hotbugs". Sure redtext cheers me up, but it would be much nicer if he appeared not only for a prophet of issues with the game.

Yours sincerely,

Mynio

P.S. as a player of Warframe alpha/beta, damn guys You changed the whole game, I could not come back to the game as it did not hook me up enough, but PoE... You made it right... to some extend of course. I've been actively playing this game, downloading this beast took me some time with my download bandwidth but it was sure worth it.