Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Request] pet commands

Arcturus125

I've had this idea for a while now, just never came out and shared it.

what do you guys think about being able to command your pets? to be able to switch between different moded that changes how the pet AI behaves. this could be an extension of the gearwheel and you have various options to command your pets with. examples listed below:

Passive mode - the pet will not do anything, towards enemies. even if you or your pet are attacked, your pet will stick by you and follow you

Retaliator mode - if an enemy attacks you, regardless of the distance between you and the enemy. the pet will run out and kill the enemy before returning to the owner's side.

Aggressive mode - any enemy within 25m of the owner will be attacked. the pet will try to defend its owner/

search and destroy -  when you waypoint an enemy, the pet will seek out the enemy and try to kill it.

Protect -  way pointing an ally will make the pet protect that way pointed target. (to be used in conjunction with Retaliator mode and Aggressive mode) this will also work with other players so you pet can protect an ally if you ask them to.

Stay -  pet can be told to stay by the owner which will switch it into Aggressive mode and the pet will protect that area it was told to stay instead of protecting the owner

i just thought i'd mention my idea since i'd like a way to bond with your pet more than it just standing next to you and dying over and over. I'm curious to see what you think :D 

Edited by Arcturus125
changed title

• 1 month later...

Now that Im seeing they put this on a warframe with a Kavat.. I kind of want to bump this. There should be commands for our pets already, not just on 1 Warframe. At that rate, just remove the pets entirely except for certain frames. Its a bit silly to allow one frame to have this super cat + a sentinel.. meanwhile if you just have a pet, you're kind of losing out on say... vacuum. That or let everyone have a pet + sent..

I just find it odd and sad the only decent pet change they did is on a damn ability lol.

• 1 month later...