Sign in to follow this  
[DE]darryl1

Operation Sling-Stone Community Event July 26 - 29

Very cool--just about to begin today's session--should be on several hours; should be able to contribute!

So... will the planets that were "liberated" on again later? I'm barely on Mars now, so I missed Mercury and at least one more....

Calm down, it lasts all weekend.

This will be done and dusted in less than 24 hours; it does nothing but F*** over players outside a specific time zone, but I guarantee you already have plenty of points banked so wtf do you care. Thanks to the asinine way it has been set out, that time zone rushed through low-level zones getting their 250 points banked with ease.

This leaves everyone else who has a life, or lives in a separate part of the globe, a few hours scrambling through tougher zones trying to scrape points together. Not to mention the big F*** you it hands to those who chose to play solo, which this game "claims" to support. It is not enough that running a four man already trivialises zones like Ceres and Neptune compared to solo play, they have to offer co op a greater bite of the apple and an easier time getting points.

Everything about this event is arse about face, it is poorly conceived, the tea lady could have done a better job.

The entire thing could have been avoided if fomorian ships appeared around the map at random over the weekend, and solo or co-op, a single run grants the same points to all; but no, that would be too @(*()$ easy and wouldn’t F*** over nearly as many of the player base.

• Upvote 1

This will be done and dusted in less than 24 hours; it does nothing but F*** over players outside a specific time zone, but I guarantee you already have plenty of points banked so wtf do you care. Thanks to the asinine way it has been set out, that time zone rushed through low-level zones getting their 250 points banked with ease.

This leaves everyone else who has a life, or lives in a separate part of the globe, a few hours scrambling through tougher zones trying to scrape points together. Not to mention the big F*** you it hands to those who chose to play solo, which this game "claims" to support. It is not enough that running a four man already trivialises zones like Ceres and Neptune compared to solo play, they have to offer co op a greater bite of the apple and an easier time getting points.

Everything about this event is arse about face, it is poorly conceived, the tea lady could have done a better job.

The entire thing could have been avoided if fomorian ships appeared around the map at random over the weekend, and solo or co-op, a single run grants the same points to all; but no, that would be too @(*()$ easy and wouldn’t F*** over nearly as many of the player base

Yep. I went to sleep around 11 PM my time, I wake up 8 AM and three planets are already finished and one is 50% done. The only available are those I actually can't access on my account.

So... unless there's an event on Earth or something like that, I'm out of event. Kinda sad, my first event will be a pretty S#&$ty one.

Edited by Abedeus

had enough with the garbage hot fixes tonight

get it together DE

people are still spawning in with 0 shields and disconnecting

that coupled with the hyper fast energy drain in nightmare mode is making everything a total pain

can't cast a damn thing to even have a fighting chance after everyone DC's

glad to see all the support I've invested into this game is going to all the right places

good thing I got all my points earlier before you guys really screwed up the night

Yep. I went to sleep around 11 PM my time, I wake up 8 AM and three planets are already finished and one is 50% done. The only available are those I actually can't access on my account.

So... unless there's an event on Earth or something like that, I'm out of event. Kinda sad, my first event will be a pretty S#&$ty one.

I'm in almost the exact same situation, only I went to bed at about 12, which means in those 8 hours this event was almost entirely completed.

The simple fix is to have multiple waves of ships come in staggered over the weekend.

The entire thing could have been avoided if fomorian ships appeared around the map at random over the weekend, and solo or co-op, a single run grants the same points to all; but no, that would be too @(*()$ easy and wouldn’t F*** over nearly as many of the player base.

People complained about the last event being too solo-centric so they made one which is best done with at least three people. It's a pretty good improvement, as this is a co-op game. If you go against the grain and play solo you should expect it to be slower.

And the ships are appearing at random, when I last played we had one on mercury, one on mars and one on europa. Later one apparently showed up on uranus and this was just in the first few hours. You are over reacting to what is just the first day of a three day long event, an event where you can get the full number of points in an hour or two if you don't solo it the whole way.

• Upvote 2

I would just like to thank the team for the improvements to the UI that came in with this event. Particularly the ability to work with Mods while they are equipped.

Regarding the event being 'over' for some time zones.  I read in the background of the event in-game that the Grineer Engineers would be repairing the Fomorian ships.  In fact, I've seen the damage taken on the Balor go from -8% back up to -7%.

Edited by Zoatibix

This event is super easy.  I did one single defense at Europa to wave 15, got 13 Stable Corruptors, 12 Alpha Corruptors, and 5 Beta Corruptors, then did some recruiting.  Only a couple hours of doing the Mobile Defense style missions and I have all the points I need for all 5 Mods.

I don't know why so many people are complaining that, "Its too hard, oh I can't get to the system, blah blah blah."  You know you can get invited to missions on any system without having to unlock it first.  This is the easiest event so far imo.  I like the way they implemented this one way better than the other events, too.

• Upvote 2

Hehe, the RnGs are HATING this... 

I've tried forming some teams and so far... five teams, one good, the others like herding cats. 

I'd like to see this as a regular alert mission, or even better, a standard model for all the other missions, with some tweaks. 

The rushers will either go solo, or get with the program on co-op play. 

Nice work, folks. :)

Awesome!

So little time to play this weekend :( 

Hopefully I can get that 250 points, unless it's like 1 point per ship, then no way.

dont worry it is not

You get 3 points per successful mission if you only use a Stable Corruptor, if you use all 3 corruptors in a mission you get 10 points per mission.

All our clan members are with their parents and cann't join excluding me, who's parents have work to do on summer.  No clan win this this time.... F********************************************************! 

Must be new to MMO's if you think that 50 runs is alot ^^

In case you haven't noticed, this is suppose to be a third person co-op shooter game, but all this farming and shiz does make it almost like a MMO :c

While Solo-ing this (and just for the records, alone this is frustrating) my mind blew off trough new places.

So I made dis

g1374915542115112350.jpg

• Upvote 4

In case you haven't noticed, this is suppose to be a third person co-op shooter game, but all this farming and shiz does make it almost like a MMO :c

MMO .. Massively Multiplayer Online.. shooters are still online multiplayer.. the term rpg was not stated

Wut ... so by the time Europeans get out of bed the event is nearly over ... 

I actually don't think i'll have enough time to get a decent amount of points before it is finished

Quite the contrast with last weekend event

How to check how much points i gained?

Click on profile and statistics bar at top of your screen (where your picture is) check the femorian sabotage line.